Suggestions for Registration for 2009

Started by FanFicGuru, May 22, 2008, 10:05:43 AM

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Steve.Young on May 27, 2008, 08:36:40 PM
The plastic holder was also for Security to check to make sure the badges were not fake. *Ahem* I dunno if you guys caught that or not.

Other staff probably didn't even know...sadly. Poor communication this year in terms of what the plastic was for. Read the BACK of your badges...your badge is not VALID until you have the plastic holder =P
Too busy working for Reg to check... :P
I didn't know it was for security until Sunday night/ Saturday morning when an e-gaming staff casually told us. >.>;;
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Tenba

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 27, 2008, 07:04:19 PM3. I think that's mostly just Live Programming's little mistake. I was trying to look for descriptions, too...
Asian Films is not under Live Programming.  I don't think it's General Programming's fault either.  Traditionally, it was up to the departments to submit information to both Web and the program guide, but in previous years, most seemed to submit to one or the other but not both.  I don't blame them, and I understand why:  After all, they've already sent the information once, so why should they send the same information again to a different group?  I had grandiose plans about fixing things like that by having Web and program guide share content (and provide reporters, writers, and editors to departments who need help with it), but it didn't work out at all this year.  I'm hoping to reorganize and try again for 2009.  I'm not at all confident that I'll do better this time, but I'll try.

SOawesomeness

Tenba- Thanks for the clarification. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

phoenixphire24

Wait, the plastic cover was for security purposes? I took my badge out and just clipped it to the lanyard Friday night and left it that way all weekend. No one said anything to me. Ooops.... :-X

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: Steve.Young on May 27, 2008, 08:36:40 PM
The plastic holder was also for Security to check to make sure the badges were not fake. *Ahem* I dunno if you guys caught that or not.

Other staff probably didn't even know...sadly. Poor communication this year in terms of what the plastic was for. Read the BACK of your badges...your badge is not VALID until you have the plastic holder =P

Yeah a friend of mine and I found that uot at one of the dances. The staff handling the dance line were kind enough to give us theirs so we didn't have to go get new ones @_@