Fridges?

Started by Koani, May 22, 2008, 02:00:40 PM

Koani

Does the Marriott have fridges inside of the hotel room?I was thinking we could refrigerate our own food inside of it. If not, does anyone have an advice for food?

Please Reply ASAP.

FanFicGuru

No fridges.

You typically have to request them very early. They're often saved for people with medical needs, as the fridge holds their needles and medicine. My advice: bring a cooler. My friends and I are bringing a cooler and filling it with ice to hold the food and drinks we're planning on bringing.

Best of luck.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

IamTetsuo

I bring two coolers, and then fill them in the morning and the evening with ice from the ice machine.

That's the only real downside to staying at the Marriot.  But the room safe and console friendly tv's make up for it.

heeroyuy135

Yeah, laptop safes FTW

Gatsby

I got a fridge! Well originally I didn't have one but I immediately requested one and within like 15 minutes they brought one up. :D

Squeeky_Moonkin

We stayed at the Hilton and had a fridge and without requesting one. We also had 2 coolers ^_^

Moonblossom

The Hilton has fridges by default, I believe. When I requested one last year, I was told all the rooms have them.

NerdyBirdAsh

Quote from: Squeeky_Moonkin on June 01, 2008, 07:54:26 PM
We stayed at the Hilton and had a fridge and without requesting one. We also had 2 coolers ^_^

Did your fridge actually get cold?
Ours was a slight chill at best.
Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

Moonblossom

Quote from: ash_chan on June 03, 2008, 12:36:33 AM

Did you try adjusting it? Ours was set to 3 and there was actually ice forming in the back of it, and it kept our drinks quite chilly.

Squeeky_Moonkin

we set ours as low as we could and had the same problem. Bun almost all hotel fridges form what I notice are like that.

NerdyBirdAsh

Quote from: Moonblossom on June 03, 2008, 08:07:47 AM

Did you try adjusting it? Ours was set to 3 and there was actually ice forming in the back of it, and it kept our drinks quite chilly.

Yeah, we adjusted it to the highest setting, and it was cold in the fridge but not enough to get our drinks nice and cold.
Maybe we just got the faulty fridge.
Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019