Hotel Bus Boys (Marriot)

Started by Kanzake, May 22, 2008, 07:14:26 PM

Kanzake

Well, I brought a bunch of shit to fanime right? and the busboys didnt allow us to load our own stuff onto the trolly. Well, i got to my room and got my stuff to head to the pre reg lines you know? And i turn on my psp and the f-ing screen was cracked! I was completely pissed off because it took forever to mod it and get all my games on it.

So i ask the Manager on what they can do right? and they said they would not compensate ANYTHING because they were not liable. Thus, starts off fanime on a bad foot. Extremely upset.

-Kanzake
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

heeroyuy135

Thanks for the heads up, I'll carry my laptop with me.

red_thestrals

Quote from: Kanzake on May 22, 2008, 07:14:26 PM
Well, I brought a bunch of shit to fanime right? and the busboys didnt allow us to load our own stuff onto the trolly. Well, i got to my room and got my stuff to head to the pre reg lines you know? And i turn on my psp and the f-ing screen was cracked! I was completely pissed off because it took forever to mod it and get all my games on it.

So i ask the Manager on what they can do right? and they said they would not compensate ANYTHING because they were not liable. Thus, starts off fanime on a bad foot. Extremely upset.

-Kanzake

omigosh.. im soooo sorry... *hug* :( that sucks...

billgoku

Yeah the guy who took our stuff, chipped the end off my roommates Cloud sword he spent months working on, not that bad of a chip, but it was visible. The guy was very sorry about it, and we could tell so all was good, but that sucks what happened to your PSP.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

Hylia

-Kanzake

Thats terrible man ;(
Get them back next year, and make a GIANT TUB of RAMEN in the bath!
Me and my buddies were gonna do it, only to find out we should have checked out 2 hours ago ;(.
NO SIGNATURE OH SHIT
(Arigato)Alex

Kimiko

One of the guys was a jerk, and he was pulling someone's trolley, not paying attention and obviously didn't stack the items right, because as he walks by me and my friend, the sewing machine on top topples over.. LUCKILY, my friend and I noticed and she was able to catch it in time!!! And of course, the guy doesn't say anything, just grabs it from us. I don't know where the people who's trolley it was though, so they would know about it, but we never did see them. At least their Singer sewing machine was saved!!!
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

Mordyan

The guy that handle my luggage was really nice. He made sure to put my laptop on the outside of the cart so it couldn't get smashed.

Oh course when I checked out on Tuesday I couldn't get a cart brought to my room. Waited 50 minutes the said f*** it and lugged my bags down myself.

Varnado Barolius

Not to sound condescending, but it's a good travel trip in general to carry electronics or other breakables either on your person or padded in the center of your luggage with clothing all around. Most porters who handle your luggage when you travel are going to be careful if they see something breakable or oddly shaped, but there are definitely exceptions, like the OP has experienced.

IamTetsuo

I had no problem with the Marriot busboys, they were all very nice and courteous towards me and my luggage.  It doesn't surprise me though that they might get a little careless after helping hundreds of people check in and out.  Don't forget this was a very stressful weekend for them.

ININ

The Marriott busboys were really busy.  I tried my best to make them feel comfortable including light-hearted chit-chat.  The weekend was stressful for them.  I also received good service from them.  Make sure to tip.

Well, I brought a bunch of shit to fanime right? and the busboys didnt allow us to load our own stuff onto the trolly. Well, i got to my room and got my stuff to head to the pre reg lines you know? And i turn on my psp and the f-ing screen was cracked! I was completely pissed off

-Kanzake

Unbelievable =/  The busboys allowed me to load and unload some of my stuff on the cart.  I made sure my baggage was secured including my cosplays.

heeroyuy135

Quote from: ININ on June 03, 2008, 11:06:01 AM
The Marriott busboys were really busy.  I tried my best to make them feel comfortable including light-hearted chit-chat.  The weekend was stressful for them.  I also received good service from them.  Make sure to tip.
Tips are always good. I tiped them and the people who got my car in Vallet a lot over that weekend; I even found myself running out of dollar bills to give them, so I would tell them "I'll tip you fully when I get back" or I would ask my friend for change so that I can tip them.

mlarad

When I first got to the Marriott it was 1am and of course it was empty all the people from the valet helped with all my cosplay stuff. We filled three cars and they took it to my room and everything was ok.
Although during the times of seeing my friends and passing by the lobby, I saw a couple of times where they were carrying stuff from other people and where careless and cosplay stuff was dropped on the floor.
I understand that it was a busy time but I think we are need to give an option where we can take our own stuff by ourselves we want to. If they want to come with us to make sure the car is return that will be fine with me but they were a bit careless with the cosplay stuff.
That is why after seeing my friend's stuff scattered in the lobby's floor, on the last day we took our own stuff to the lobby and then we loaded our stuff ourselves.

SukebeStudios

Honestly, myself, I'm planning to make sure I can carry everything myself in the elevator. And thankfully, I have good friends to help me!

Gatsby

I had very little interaction with them, but they were very pleasant to me and my friends. Just like all people in life you'll get one asshat who ruins the reputation of all of them.