Anyone else see the people on Saturday?

Started by DomoRulesTheWorld, May 25, 2008, 02:53:31 PM

WeAreAnonymous

Quote from: KamijoIsLove on May 28, 2008, 06:27:01 PM
Interestingly enough, I swear there was a small Scientology outpost a few streets down. My friends and I stopped at that tapioca drink shop (was it on 3rd street? Or 2nd?) a couple blocks from the con, and on the way there my friend pointed out a woman with pamphlets and stacks of books by that Hubbard guy.

O_o ? It'd've been interesting if Anonymous found them... xD

In regards to this, Scientologists (or Scilons, as we call them) are always swelling the downtown area, and little has been done to protest their actions in this part of the Bay Area. I know this is a forum meant for Fanime discussion, but should any of you wish to find out more info about $cientology and how to help Anonymous, you can find ways of being active by going to the websites I've listed above and here: www.youfoundthecard.com www.enturbulation.org and www.xenu.net

I know we acted silly this past weekend, but amidst the RickRolling and Caramelldansen that we've unleashed all throughout the course of Fanime, we still have a purpose. If you thought this was fun, wait until you come to a Raid.

blancoisma

The annoying, stupid, protestors aside, I actually thought it was even more hilarious seeing Mormom missionary boys out there as well, but they ended up walking right up to the cosplayers and taking pictures and they seemed to be having a bit of fun talking to them.
"Well, I'm already going to hell for kissing you so I may as well take the scenic route."

-Aaron Davis, Latter Days

Shinsengumi

Quote from: Eurobeat King on May 27, 2008, 09:37:42 AM
Quote from: G.I.R on May 27, 2008, 08:49:14 AM
I didn't realize at first, but when I watched the videos the second time, one of the Zealots was using a video camera and recording the crowd.  Hmmmm...

I wonder if they'll post their video(s) online, or if they'll see the ones that the Fanime attendees posted. haha   ;D

Too late its on Youtube now lol
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

K&K4ever

Quote from: Shinsengumi on May 29, 2008, 01:50:29 PM
I didn't realize at first, but when I watched the videos the second time, one of the Zealots was using a video camera and recording the crowd.  Hmmmm...
I wonder if they'll post their video(s) online, or if they'll see the ones that the Fanime attendees posted. haha   ;D

I'm going to have to make a montage of fanime and these jokers with the signs will be the highlights :D
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

G.I.R

Quote from: Shinsengumi on May 29, 2008, 01:50:29 PM

You mean the Zealots, or the Fanime videos?

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

Man I saw that, now I'm Catholic and I love anime, but what those morons were doing was just wrong. Don't try to push your beliefs on other people, let people believe whatever they want to. So glad the Jesus cosplayer came to shut them up.
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

Rei-Rei

I was at Bank of America when this thing happened.......
Someone care to enlighten me? I saw the protesters, but is the guy in the jesus costume really a protester or a cosplayer?

rude32

Quote from: Rei-Rei on May 30, 2008, 09:12:10 PM
I was at Bank of America when this thing happened.......
Someone care to enlighten me? I saw the protesters, but is the guy in the jesus costume really a protester or a cosplayer?
He isn't a cosplayer, he is THE COSPLAYER!!!
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

destranacion

that was the highlight of my con i cant believe how crazy this last week since con has been though.....people i dont even know want to hug me cause they saw me on youtube lol. anon keep up the hilarity and i hope to see my friends here on the board soon -jesus
pika ball player!

official jesus of fanime con!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Yuu on May 28, 2008, 01:23:42 PM
I hate to think how things would have gone down had some rage-filled Otaku showed up and tried to argue/seriously debate with them. I'm very glad you guys showed up instead.

I'm not rage-filled...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

BumbleB

Wonder what's gonna happen this year...lolz :)
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

TC X0 Lt 0X

Thread Revive!
I hope something fun/awesome/hilarious/etc happens this year.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 30, 2009, 03:51:56 PM
Thread Revive!

Me too!

BumbleB

Thread Revive!

I HAVE AN IDEA!!!! Cosplayers invade Mcdonald/Walmart/ Mall/ something nearby. lol i saw it on you tube. we should gather all the cosplayers and go somewhere public... and video tape it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h91ZZbx1RHc
Yes I can go to Fanime!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: BumbleB on March 31, 2009, 03:52:06 PM
Thread Revive!

I HAVE AN IDEA!!!! Cosplayers invade Mcdonald/Walmart/ Mall/ something nearby. lol i saw it on you tube. we should gather all the cosplayers and go somewhere public... and video tape it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h91ZZbx1RHc

If only I Cosplayed...
Heck, I'd still tag along.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

BumbleB

Thread Revive!

WAIT BETTER IDEA!!! Ok so I invited to Phelp's (not the oylmpic dude, the people like the people that came last year)http://www.godhatesamerica.com/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anwsku-9IiY to come to fanime 2009! THEY ARE WORSE!!!! I am requesting that Jesus comes again... more soon
Yes I can go to Fanime!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: BumbleB on March 31, 2009, 09:11:38 PM
Thread Revive!

WAIT BETTER IDEA!!! Ok so I invited to Phelp's (not the oylmpic dude, the people like the people that came last year)http://www.godhatesamerica.com/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anwsku-9IiY to come to fanime 2009! THEY ARE WORSE!!!! I am requesting that Jesus comes again... more soon
WOW.
Instant Fav.
One of the most Lulzy videos I have ever watched.
The song was catchy too.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

G.I.R

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 31, 2009, 10:00:52 PM
Quote from: BumbleB on March 31, 2009, 09:11:38 PM
Thread Revive!

WOW.
Instant Fav.
One of the most Lulzy videos I have ever watched.
The song was catchy too.
Kinda Familiar to.  ::)

RooBird

Since Fanime 2009 will be my first time at Fanime, no, I didn't see them. But I saw them on Youtube. The guys who rickrolled them deserve a thousand Internets. XD

Cosplay Jesus ftw.
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
FemmeMedic (Team Fortress 2)