Anyone else see the people on Saturday?

Started by DomoRulesTheWorld, May 25, 2008, 02:53:31 PM

DomoRulesTheWorld

It happened around 4:30-5 pm.

The people= A bunch of people holding up a sign saying "Turn to Jesus or burn in hell" infront of the con.

Anyone else see them?

I hope I'm not the only one who got angered by that. I mean, yeah, freedom of speech. But infront of a con while everyone's having fun? Way to ruin my day.

Kaura117

Eh. They were nicely counterbalanced by the presence of The Internet, in my opinion.

cocoavvie

I saw them.

I thought it was kinda....insulting. Cos people might've thought that all the cosplayers there were some sort of religious group.

Anyway, it's a sign and it didn't really mean a thing to me XD

red_thestrals

omigosh... i didnt see those peepz... haha ignorant people...

Kanchii

Oh it was all funny to me, we started protesting them when they were protesting us. And then Anonymous showed up and they got rick rolled. Good times, good times. I don't know how they thought that anime = sin, but w/e, some people are just ignorant  :D

DomoRulesTheWorld

Quote from: Kanchii on May 25, 2008, 08:17:12 PM
Oh it was all funny to me, we started protesting them when they were protesting us. And then Anonymous showed up and they got rick rolled. Good times, good times. I don't know how they thought that anime = sin, but w/e, some people are just ignorant  :D

I was just leaving when I passed by the group. So no clue what happened.

Yeah, I really don't get that either.
Anime= Sin.
Wtf?

I guess they believe what they beileve.
Sounds fun.
Really wished I could've walked into the group with my gay brother wearing a pentegram. [ Sort of a joke. No offense to anybody. ]
Wish I could've stayed long anough.
Sounds like fun though

Dredj

Actually, we asked them what they were doing there. They just said that because it was a large gathering they decided to preach there. They had nothing in particular against Anime nor were they protesting against it. In fact, I don't think they had any idea what the hell was going on at the convention center. But it was good entertainment b/c cosplay jesus came out. It was one of the highlights of Fanime this year.

Tsu

That's just wonderful.  I'm glad I didn't see them, I would have been enraged.  Making righteous threats like that when they clearly know next to nothing of anime?  I guess they don't know how many anime fans are also Christians...  This kind of bigoted crap is repulsive.  Ugh.

Someone should've sent out the Jesus cosplayer that was wandering around the con and the Mariott.  That would've been fuuuuun.   ;D
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Dredj

Quote from: foester on May 25, 2008, 09:49:34 PM
Someone should've sent out the Jesus cosplayer that was wandering around the con and the Mariott.  That would've been fuuuuun.   ;D

he did come out and it was fun  ;)

Gaki

Whatever happened to "Judge not, lest ye be judged?"  I think they really ought to follow their own beliefs before condemning people about however they would wish to live their lives.  Good to hear that they did get the anonymous treatment from the con's assortment of /b/-tards though.

And besides, I've personally turned to Jesus already.  Every single damn time I went to the elevator hall on the second floor of the Marriot.

I heard he did go out, but he should have put on a raptor-mask and then gone out for the lulz.
(Not) The Head of FMVs

Fanime FMV Contest Minion 2014
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2015
Fanime FMV Contest Minion Director 2016
Fanime FMV Contest Head 2017
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2018

Rynie

My mom took their picture...  :-\ They were totally in the wrong place; No one took them seriously and it was funny when a girl said, outloud, "Don't you hate people who force their religion on others?!" the guys sorta got angry at her, it was funny.... XD
I'm One Hip Barista Mista!
Ya dig?

JohnnyAR

I saw the Anonymous holding a sign that said "Its ok we're from the internet" I loled, so I now want to be a part of them.

G.I.R

x

Haha. I have videos and pictures of the craziness which ensued from the jesus-sign people. They are crazy- not because of their religion- but because they think holding a sign will effect someone's deep-held beliefs...

Akila_Ishtar

Quote from: Dredj on May 25, 2008, 09:43:01 PM

Actually, we asked them what they were doing there. They just said that because it was a large gathering they decided to preach there. They had nothing in particular against Anime nor were they protesting against it. In fact, I don't think they had any idea what the hell was going on at the convention center. But it was good entertainment b/c cosplay jesus came out. It was one of the highlights of Fanime this year.

Oh.... I guess I could confused because one of the guys standing nearby them was wearing an "I HATE ANIME" shirt. But maybe they were part of the convention and the tee shirt was a joke. >>; *is retarded* Haha, I dunno, I was just like why are people PREACHING HERE!?! WRONG PLACE!!! XD; But yea, it was HILARIOUS. Jesus cosplayer dude came out and like everybody started chanting and stuff. It was great. :D

Miss Genesis

I personally thought the whole ordeal was hilarious. :D
Finding me is useless without the warrent, Loves. <3

error00004

I was really funny yes, but D;
ruined our gathering.
Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ