THe signed wii that was up for auction...

Started by Miradori, May 26, 2008, 05:32:11 PM

Miradori

yup, did anyone know how much it went for? Just curious...

PyronIkari

825, you have a chance to buy it next year though. It was donated back to the convention.

Jun-Watarase

Man... if I could say exactly what I want to say...

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Makou

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 26, 2008, 08:18:32 PM
Man... if I could say exactly what I want to say...

I guess that's the beauty of it though.

Jun-Watarase

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

SukieNeko

I would have loved to bid on it myself, but I'm a highs chool anime fan. Which basically = poor. :P And whoever won the wii and donated it back, you are a saint.

Jun-Watarase

Well... I don't know if "Saint" is the best way to describe that guy.

klhdflskhfls pffftHAHAHAHA

FanimaidCafe.com

SukieNeko

I guess saint might not be the right word, i bet he pissed off a lot of people, but the fact that he was willing to bid 825 and just donate it back for a good cause. Seems like a really charitable person.

LadyKaren

Let's just say a watermelon does great things for people.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: SukieNeko on May 27, 2008, 04:55:29 AM
I guess saint might not be the right word, i bet he pissed off a lot of people, but the fact that he was willing to bid 825 and just donate it back for a good cause. Seems like a really charitable person.

Haha, no. It was a joke. But I'm happy he did what he did. People are able to win the bid next year, since it was donated to Fanime, they're able to. As for pissing people off... yes, very common occurance with this fellow we refer to.

I should totally hook up with that guy. ...

Yeah, I should seriously shut up now.

But yeah. It wasn't just him. He and a friend banded together to buy it, so it was indeed 2 people who donated the money and Wii to FanimeCon.

FanimaidCafe.com

Ree

This good sir who dose not seem to want his name said was amazing. As for pepole being mad at him I dont see how anyone can we all have another chance next year and as one of the 3 pepole who bid on it I say thank you.

Tony

Wow! That's awesome. Yes, Jun, you should totally have sex with that guy - or rather, one of them. And have him join staff.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Tony on May 28, 2008, 01:58:42 PM
Wow! That's awesome. Yes, Jun, you should totally have sex with that guy - or rather, one of them. And have him join staff.

After he comes back from work.

FanimaidCafe.com

Sunara Ishi

るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

mrsanticafe

o.0

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 28, 2008, 02:03:30 PM

$412.50 would pay for a hell of a lot of sex if you ask me. Jun might have to space it out over a few days or even a week.
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Pimpstress Rei on May 28, 2008, 11:57:42 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 28, 2008, 02:03:30 PM

$412.50 would pay for a hell of a lot of sex if you ask me. Jun might have to space it out over a few days or even a week.

Are you kidding me? For that amount, at best, he'd get about... maybe about an hour and a 15 minute bj. :U

FanimaidCafe.com

heeroyuy135

If anything, I think there are going to be even more autographs on that Wii for next year's Guests of Honor - especially if there are big-name people and groups like GAINAX and An Cafe.

I see $1k+ for next year's charity auction :)

PyronIkari

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on May 29, 2008, 01:00:32 AM
If anything, I think there are going to be even more autographs on that Wii for next year's Guests of Honor - especially if there are big-name people and groups like GAINAX and An Cafe.

I see $1k+ for next year's charity auction :)

Only problem is... there isn't much more room on the Wii/Box.

Sunara Ishi

Hey, maybe if An Cafe comes back, they'll actually get to make Miis.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula