Lost Something at FanimeCon?

Started by M, May 26, 2008, 07:08:04 PM

M

Hello all,
If you have lost something at FanimeCon, please follow the following procedures before emailing lost @ fanime dot com .

- If your item was lost in either of the hotel spaces, contact that hotel (Hilton, Marriott, etc.).
- If you did not file a 'lost item' report at the convention with Con-Ops, email Lost @ Fanime (email listed above).
Note: You can also email lost@fanime if you would like. If you do email lost@fanime, please describe the item as best to you (identifying marks/scratches, color, etc.).

Phone Numbers:
Hilton - (408) 287-2100
Marriott - (408) 280-1300
Fairmont - (408) 998-1900
Sainte Claire Hotel - (408) 298-1234
Crowne Plaza - (408) 998-0400
Hotel Montgomery - (408) 282-8800

[Edited for clarity]
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Rainbow Ichi

I did lose something, but it is replacable :)

but I would appreciate it if someone found it that it be returned <3<3

its a wooden kunai, its bigger then the ones that were sold in the dealer's room.
i stuck it in my ninja suit on my way down from the hilton hotel that saturday near noon, and only realized i lost it when I was a handful of steps past the entrance of the Dealer's room.
It has a black-grey color, with rough sandy texture, with red ribbon wrapping with glue to keep it at the handle, and its point is bent :P It may also have a slight scent of honeysuckle flower fragrance as it got sprayed on before i left the 15th floor room.

Reward: free drawing commision ^__^ http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com/journal/10879076/
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

Kender

I know my lost tail was never turned in, but I may still email just in case someone suddenly got a conscience after I left for the day, although judging by the time I left I doubt it.  Constantly bugged ConOps everytime I was turning in something that was lost I found and checked before I finally left after con clean up.  Never showed up ):.  Sucks since I was turning in several hundred dollars worth of lost items over the course of the weekend.  So much for good karma, right XD?

But if anyone reading this happens to have found a tan with dark brown markings and white tip real fox tail somewhere between Programming Ops in the Hilton and Dealer's Hall (and inside) on Sunday PLEASE could you contact me via PM and return it ): ?  It was a gift from my little con sister over a year ago for Christmas and was quite expensive as it was a humane death tail as well as having a lot of sentimental value.  I felt so awful having to tell her it was gone.

It'd mean so much to me to have it back T_T <3.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old.  We grow old because we stop playing."

Dante

I know it's a long shot, but Im hoping there are some good hearts among the Fanimaniacs out there.

I lost a plastic bag (sort of yellow/green color).  It had:

1)  A Blue and White speckled hat with kitty ears
2)  A Black and White Checkered Tie (which I was attempting to return to a friend when my bag went missing)
3)  An old 2.1mp digital camera (HP Photosmart 320 with little sticker residue on the front)

None of these items are valuable to anyone really, except for me.  I lost them on Sunday night somewhere between the Easter Convention Center Balcony, the video rooms, or the gaming hall.  If anyone can help me get them back, I will reward with cashy money and/or anime stuff.
Message me and/or reply.

Thank you.  Love and Respect to you all
"I am the Bad Wolf,
I create myself.
I take the words.
I scatter them .. in time and space.
A message to lead myself here..."

Punkbuster

I found a lost item at the Hilton, and a bunch of con-goers were in the area prior to me finding it. It was an I-pod, and I gave it to the hotel desk person. Hope the owner gets it eventually. =\

Tenba

I lost most of my frustration and negative feelings at FanimeCon.  ;)

jemz

I lost my marbles. I think I also lost Gary's and Eric's. If anyone finds them, we'll be at the Fairmont Lounge sipping on something cold and planning for next year. ;)
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

RoverRoy009

I Lost where the beginning and the end of the Lines.

No Line, No Line control is needed... I guess its back to my desk job or at least until random groups of people start lining up for Fanime 2009.  :P
If you love An Cafe, you can learn to love other An Cafe Fans... Now LINE UP!

BogusRed

It would have been nice if the con had a lost and found or if you did have one, to inform the info desk staff about it. I found a green shirt and went to a Fanime info desk and they said they don't have a lost and found so I just left it at the info desk.
My PD account - My Blog
PaperDemon.com - art and writing community

RoverRoy009

Quote from: BogusRed on May 29, 2008, 08:51:24 AM
It would have been nice if the con had a lost and found or if you did have one, to inform the info desk staff about it. I found a green shirt and went to a Fanime info desk and they said they don't have a lost and found so I just left it at the info desk.

Actually we did, Most of the staff should have been told that Lost and Found was at Con Ops (which it had been for years) which troubles me because I've heard that info desk was giving out incorrect or inconsistent information all Con... but it happens.

We'll see if there could be an improvement to that. It cant be much of an info desk if they never have the right info.
If you love An Cafe, you can learn to love other An Cafe Fans... Now LINE UP!

Shi_Musouka

I lost my money to Dealers and Artists.

Tenba

Quote from: BogusRed on May 29, 2008, 08:51:24 AMIt would have been nice if the con had a lost and found
Did people lose page 18 of their program guides...?  ConOps tried to tell staff about it via e-mail and in meetings, I believe, and Reg and my team tried to tell people about the lost and found via the program guide.  Oh well.  ^_^;

I agree that Info Desk could use more info, but it must be a very deep-seated and difficult-to-solve problem because they've always been short on info as long as I can remember.  Even before I started staffing, I remember giving the Info Desks information that they couldn't answer about very basic and major stuff (like where and when the Masquerade was and such).  It partly depends on who's at the desk.  Some Info staff know more than others.  And it also depends on hours.  Info Desk's open hours weren't published anywhere at all this year, and even I didn't know when they were supposed to be open.  (They just weren't there most of the time I tried to stop by, but I only had time to do that in the wee hours.)  When the Info Desk isn't open, random people seem to sit at the tables just to rest their heels.  Unless people make sure that the people behind the Info Desk have staff badges, they might not be talking to real Info Desk staff people.

surfofpewter

Quote from: BogusRed on May 29, 2008, 08:51:24 AM

I am sorry that our info desks didn't give you the correct information.  But ConOps is the place to check for lost & found items during the convention.  There is a quote we try to teach all staff and volunteers... "when in doubt, contact ConOps"   If you happen to remember which info desk you stopped by please PM so we can pass on issue to the Info Desk Lead.
Sara
ConOps Day Shift Lead
'08, '07, '06

Avriss_nyxx

Lol I lost my Cloves. But I bought some more.   :)

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

I lost my little nokia metro pcs cellphone and my coach bag.

BenihimeSama

I emailed the email above for this, but I have yet to recieve info, so I decided to add this here.

I wanted to report a lost Laptop AC Adapter for a Compaq Presario Notebook, the last time I saw it was after my panel on Sunday night and when I got home, I could not find it anywhere. I called the hotel I was staying and they had nothing of that sort missing. Super big reward to anyone who finds it. It's all black and has two separate chords where they separate. I am thinking that the last place I had, is in the Artist Alley. But after that, it was the last place I remember having it..

Again, super big reward for anyone who finds it..

Thanks!
~Venus Benihime-Sama~
Venus Benihime-Sama
Panelist Since 2008
Panels Staff Member since 2010
Proud member of Rena's Rangers! 

Owner of The Geeky Manifestos Blog
Just admit it: Otakus just do it better.

justkitteh

I might have lost a lighter. I'm fairly sure it was taken in all the drama I posted elsewhere, however, in the off chance that in the drama I did not return it to my humidor and I left it on the table, here it is. the crazy clippers fold up inside of it, and it's pretty unlikely anyone else has, let alone has lost, this lighter at Fanime. It was a gift from an old friend and I would love love love it back.

SOawesomeness

I lost my happiness, except this was after Fanime. D:
Boo, PCD. D:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

rude32

Quote from: justkitteh on May 30, 2008, 03:46:52 AM
I might have lost a lighter. I'm fairly sure it was taken in all the drama I posted elsewhere, however, in the off chance that in the drama I did not return it to my humidor and I left it on the table, here it is. the crazy clippers fold up inside of it, and it's pretty unlikely anyone else has, let alone has lost, this lighter at Fanime. It was a gift from an old friend and I would love love love it back.

Wow, thats a hell of a lighter to lose. It must have cost a pretty penny.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

gackt_2003

i just want to post it even though it's absolutely useless...
but i lost my favorite ring at fanime. it might've been at the marriott hotel, somewhere in the lobby =[
it was real silver and i didnt realize until it was too late.
grrr ><