Maid Cafe 2008 Feedback

Started by Jun-Watarase, May 26, 2008, 08:15:19 PM

o0Mutsu0o

See Ya all next year? ;3 ~

outcast

I believe that the maid cafe was a hit. The maids made you feel welcome and it was nice that they were smiling and having a good time. The food was good and it wasn't too expensive compared to the other food at the con.

*rei*

Quote from: swtluck on May 29, 2008, 11:13:30 AM
*rei*- hon,  did you get the email with the pics i send ya?  (b'_'b)

yes, dear! i did receive them! thank you soo much! i thought I wouldnt have any pictures of the maid cafe!
Fanime 2010 Woo Hoo!

swtluck

Quote from: *rei* on May 29, 2008, 05:47:43 PM
Quote from: swtluck on May 29, 2008, 11:13:30 AM
*rei*- hon,  did you get the email with the pics i send ya?  (b'_'b)

yes, dear! i did receive them! thank you soo much! i thought I wouldnt have any pictures of the maid cafe!

goody!!

i want to thank all of our patrons who came to visit the maid cafe. i hope to see you guys all again next year and to the maids.... hope to see you guys again. ^^

also i have some of the pictures from the maid cafe. if you need or want please contact me!!!
*Furi Kuri*

openhappy

Arrr. I missed it. I went on monday and everything is gone. :(

The only pictures I have is her at the bottom.

http://www.openhappy.com/cosplay/fanime_2008_d1_08.php

Very attractive indeed. Any more pictures from anyone? Hope to catch you guys next year.

Jun-Watarase

Photo Courtesy of Richie a.k.a CaptainAhoge / RichieLikesMaids

Thank you, Fanime 2008!

Here's a photo of some of the maids on the first shift on Saturday, Fanime 2008. Hope all of you enjoyed being at/working with the maid cafe, and hopefully we'll see you next year! o/

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Ninj4

Well hell.  If you're looking for support for the male equivalent of a Maid Cafe, I'm willing to offer my help and participation to see it get up and running.

... There's a good reason WHY I lurk on these boards...

Jerry

Quote from: Ninj4 on June 06, 2008, 02:53:00 AM
Well hell.  If you're looking for support for the male equivalent of a Maid Cafe, I'm willing to offer my help and participation to see it get up and running.

First things first. -
Jun will take measurements on the upper torso for measurments
and Pyron will take measurements on the lower (watch out for pinching instead of cupping).

Maid training will be fun/better next year. Bring your own- protective gear.
Jun WILL whip you into shape.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Ninj4

Quote from: Jerry on June 06, 2008, 08:19:32 AM

First things first. -
and Pyron will take measurements on the lower (watch out for pinching instead of cupping).

... When I said male equivalent of Maid cafe, I was thinking a host club, not a male maid cafe...  *shudder*

I don't think I'd be very pretty in a maid outfit. D:

... There's a good reason WHY I lurk on these boards...

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Ninj4 on June 06, 2008, 01:13:25 PM
Quote from: Jerry on June 06, 2008, 08:19:32 AM

First things first. -

... When I said male equivalent of Maid cafe, I was thinking a host club, not a male maid cafe...  *shudder*

I don't think I'd be very pretty in a maid outfit. D:

Again, maid cafes are already complicated enough to properly manage at a convention, in terms of culture and having volunteers understand what they're obligated to do. A host club is impossible. There are many reasons behind me saying that.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

PyronIkari

... A host club is NOT the male equivalent of a Maid Cafe. A host club is a male equivalent of a hostess bar. VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY different things.

The male equivalent of a maid cafe is a butler cafe.

A host/hostess club would be impossible to do in the states, because the decency laws and the what not we'd be breaking would be huge in number. A butler Cafe is feesible, but takes a lot of work and is rather different than a maid cafe.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: PyronIkari on June 06, 2008, 04:30:33 PM
... A host club is NOT the male equivalent of a Maid Cafe. A host club is a male equivalent of a hostess bar. VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY different things.

The male equivalent of a maid cafe is a butler cafe.

A host/hostess club would be impossible to do in the states, because the decency laws and the what not we'd be breaking would be huge in number. A butler Cafe is feasible, but takes a lot of work and is rather different than a maid cafe.
The main difference is instead of maids(women), you get butlers(men); Just curious, but what are the overall differences between a Maid Cafe and a Butler Cafe in terms of service, conduct/mannerisms, etc.?

(you seem to be the forum expert on this topic, so i pose this question to you)
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

PyronIkari

Quote from: otakuapprentice on June 06, 2008, 08:55:53 PM

The main difference is instead of maids(women), you get butlers(men); Just curious, but what are the overall differences between a Maid Cafe and a Butler Cafe in terms of service, conduct/mannerisms, etc.?

Maids are expected to act more femininely and this allows them to show more character, personality and emotion. Butlers are different though. Butlers are expected to be extremely prim and proper, never speaking out of place, and doing and saying only what is absolutely needed. Maids are like mother figures(if they only lived to serve you). Butlers on the other hand don't have that leway. But within all of this, they have to be extremely charming and charismatic. Someone to look up to, but someone who doesn't show personality. It's conflicting, and it takes actual charisma and talent to be able to pull something off like that.

Or a simpler form, maids can be cute, butler's need to be very cool and collective, but not overstep their bounds.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: PyronIkari on June 06, 2008, 09:59:07 PM

Maids are expected to act more femininely and this allows them to show more character, personality and emotion. Butlers are different though. Butlers are expected to be extremely prim and proper, never speaking out of place, and doing and saying only what is absolutely needed. Maids are like mother figures(if they only lived to serve you). Butlers on the other hand don't have that leway. But within all of this, they have to be extremely charming and charismatic. Someone to look up to, but someone who doesn't show personality. It's conflicting, and it takes actual charisma and talent to be able to pull something off like that.

Or a simpler form, maids can be cute, butler's need to be very cool and collective, but not overstep their bounds.
Taking into account the overall results/feedback of this year as well as last years' Maid Cafe, would it be feasible(in your personal opinion) to attempt a split format with one day being Maid Cafe and the other consisting of a Butler Cafe, to switch to a Butler Cafe for both days, or to keep it as is?

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: otakuapprentice on June 06, 2008, 10:13:15 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on June 06, 2008, 09:59:07 PM

Taking into account the overall results/feedback of this year as well as last years' Maid Cafe, would it be feasible(in your personal opinion) to attempt a split format with one day being Maid Cafe and the other consisting of a Butler Cafe, to switch to a Butler Cafe for both days, or to keep it as is?

No, please no.

I'll let Mikey explain it. I'm exhausted.

FanimaidCafe.com

PyronIkari

Besides the fact that no one will run it(outside of maybe me, and I wouldn't want to do a butler cafe), who would volunteer and be able to do the job? Frankly... the Fanime group isn't the most... charismatic of people to say the least.

There's enough trouble running the Maid Cafe as it is *insert me talking shit about how it's run here*. Unless it's actually run well, and everything happens... say... before a month and a half before the con, then there might be a possibility in 2 years. Again though, not going to happen. I doubt qualified volunteers will show up.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: PyronIkari on June 06, 2008, 10:35:58 PM
Besides the fact that no one will run it(outside of maybe me, and I wouldn't want to do a butler cafe), who would volunteer and be able to do the job? Frankly... the Fanime group isn't the most... charismatic of people to say the least.

There's enough trouble running the Maid Cafe as it is *insert me talking shit about how it's run here*. Unless it's actually run well, and everything happens... say... before a month and a half before the con, then there might be a possibility in 2 years. Again though, not going to happen. I doubt qualified volunteers will show up.
and this is the response i expected; meh, didn't hurt to ask, so i drop the subject for now.

lacus

I just saw this vid online..akihabara maid cafe

I think maybe we could show it during the next maid cafe training or promotion.
So the maids have some idea about how it is like in akihabara ^__________^

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1cfrl_cosplaycafe_travel

I have some maid cafe pictures too..im going to post theme later..

swtluck

Quote from: lacus on June 08, 2008, 12:52:38 PM

yes, maid in akihabara. it about six episode long and its about  a woman named Saki, an ex-bar girl, tries to find a job to hide from a group of yakuza. She ends up getting a job at a Maid cafe called Meido no miyage (Maid's gift). She is the third maid to be joining the cafe. She was homeless and starts living in a 24-hour internet cafe.

i have it watched it all; very cute, a little odd at time, but its worth watching to see how it is at a maid cafe. i have it on my portable hard drive. i'll show it to you guys next time when we have are meeting next year if you guys didn't watch yet. ^^
*Furi Kuri*

lacus

Quote from: swtluck on June 08, 2008, 10:58:42 PM
Quote from: lacus on June 08, 2008, 12:52:38 PM

yes, maid in akihabara. it about six episode long and its about  a woman named Saki, an ex-bar girl, tries to find a job to hide from a group of yakuza. She ends up getting a job at a Maid cafe called Meido no miyage (Maid's gift). She is the third maid to be joining the cafe. She was homeless and starts living in a 24-hour internet cafe.

i have it watched it all; very cute, a little odd at time, but its worth watching to see how it is at a maid cafe. i have it on my portable hard drive. i'll show it to you guys next time when we have are meeting next year if you guys didn't watch yet. ^^

The video is actually an interview with one of the maid cafes in akihabara.

And yes! I know the "maid in akihabara" videos you are talking about ^_____^ I just got a DVD from my friend and he said it is extremely funny. I'm gonna watch it now xD