Guests I Want for Fanimecon 2009!!!!

Started by Nina Star 9, May 26, 2008, 08:21:42 PM

Nina Star 9

...Yes, we gain an exclamation point every year. :D

This is one of those annual threads for people to post their ideal guests. You can post "dream guests," but just keep in mind that we won't be getting anything too crazy ("I want Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, and Utada Hikaru for Musicfest, and then I want...").

My vote is still for Amano Tsukiko. I stand by my position that she is perfect for this convention, and I am sure that even if people hadn't heard her music before the con, they would end up loving her by the end.

...JiLL-Decoy association or Paris Match wouldn't be too bad, either... We could always use more jazz at Musicfest.

I also wouldn't be too sad if some lolita designers were brought out, but I don't know of any names or how realisitic that is.

Keys

I'm hoping for the Gainax/Gurren Lagann guests who couldn't come this year because they were working on the movie.

LordKefka

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

heeroyuy135

Quote from: Keys on May 26, 2008, 08:25:01 PM
I'm hoping for the Gainax/Gurren Lagann guests who couldn't come this year because they were working on the movie.
YES! YES!

sykoeent

RANDOM NINJAS!!!!
LEAH DIZON!!!

Hmm...
Aya Kumiki
Nakanamori Band

heeroyuy135

FLOW - now I would stand in line for hours on end to see them!

Sunara Ishi

るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Kazuko

The usual: Mitsukazu Mihara and Plastic Tree

But Bring back ZZ =( Im super serious lets bring them back like sexyback

SukieNeko

Some guests:

- Any voice actors from Evangelion, both Japanese and English versions. In fact Tiffany Grant (Asuka's VA) Has been to many conventions in the U.S. I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to ask her to come, and Asuka is my favorite anime character.

- Riyoko Ikeda, the mangaka of Rose of Versailles.

- Tommy February 6

- Anyone who was involved in Tenchi Muyo! Voice actors (dub sub) mangaka, directors, this is one of my favorites so I would love to meet anyone who created it.

Yes, I know that many of these might be far fetched, but I did get to meet Yoshiyuki Sadamoto this year, and this is kind of a wish list so I thought I'd put it out there.

PyronIkari

Quote from: SukieNeko on May 27, 2008, 04:19:14 AM
Some guests:

- Any voice actors from Evangelion, both Japanese and English versions. In fact Tiffany Grant (Asuka's VA) Has been to many conventions in the U.S. I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to ask her to come, and Asuka is my favorite anime character.

- Riyoko Ikeda, the mangaka of Rose of Versailles.

- Tommy February 6

- Anyone who was involved in Tenchi Muyo! Voice actors (dub sub) mangaka, directors, this is one of my favorites so I would love to meet anyone who created it.

Yes, I know that many of these might be far fetched, but I did get to meet Yoshiyuki Sadamoto this year, and this is kind of a wish list so I thought I'd put it out there.

Bring VA's from a 13 year old series? Why? It's time for you to look past these old series and realize... there's 323242352354366 new things to watch that are current.

Tommy Feb would be impossible. With Brilliant Green getting back together, and their scheduled dates, unless she somehow gets Brilliant Green to do a tour date in the US... it'd be impossible. Though I'd probably like to see Brilliant Green more than Tommy Heavenly 6.

Eh... guests for next year.

Too bad Elle is on hiatus still.

Industry wise, I would like to see people from studio Shaft. Despite what anyone thinks of quality wise, direction wise they do things that most studios would never have the balls to do. And you know everyone at SHAFT is a total nerd.

VA wise, I always list the same set of people so I won't bother with that.

And... this one would be interesting but unlikely. Jun Tsukasa. Most people know who Range Murata is. Jun Tsukasa is sort of... a shadow of Murata. They have extremely similar art styles(and always have) but two very different ranges in subject and thought matter. I love Tsukasa Bullet. Tsukasa gets virtually no recognition in the US, and when people do have Tsukasa merchandise, it USUALLY gets confused for Murata Range stuff (I personally heard it twice this year at Fanime). They're actually friends and they've worked on doujinshi together, but they're very competitive with each other. I actually called Range Murata, Jun Tsukasa, and asked him to sign one of Tsukasa's doujinshi. It pissed him off a lot, and I apologized for it. He did say something afterwards though "Now I know how he feels".

I honestly like Tsukasa's work better than Murata's as Tsukasa is more versatile with his character types and poses. I think he'd be a great guest though... if he's not too shy about it all.

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 27, 2008, 12:44:39 PM

Industry wise, I would like to see people from studio Shaft. Despite what anyone thinks of quality wise, direction wise they do things that most studios would never have the balls to do. And you know everyone at SHAFT is a total nerd.

Well isn't SHAFT a spin off from GAINAX?

Actually it would be awesome to have them here, I figured by next year somebody will have Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei + Zoku licensed. Hmm that would be a very nice mix of peeps from
both companies.

And yeah we all need more SZS!

yumicchi88

mangaka/illustrator:
Eita Mizuno (Spiral, Spiral Alive)
Tooko Miyashiro (illustrator)
Natsuki Takaya (Fruits Basket, Tsubasa wo motsu mono)
Yukiru Sugisaki (D.N.Angel, Candidate for Goddess)

Seiyuu:
Akira Kamiya (Ryo from City Hunter, Kogoro Moori from Detective Conan, Kenshiro from Fist of nothern stars, etc)
Mayumi Tanaka (Luffy from One Piece, Goku from Dragon Ball etc)
Tooru Furuya (Amuro from Gundam, Abel from Dragon Quest, Yamcha from Dragon Ball etc)
Tomokazu Seki (Chichiri from Fushigi Yugi, Sousuke from Full metal Panic, Chiaki from Nodame Cantabile, Van from Escaflowne, etc)
Kappei Yamaguchi (Usopp from One Piece, Ranma from Ranma1/2, inuyasha from inuyasha, L from Death note, etc)
Daisuke Namigawa (Fai from Tsubasa chronicles, eigetsu from Tales of Saiunkoku etc)
Romi Paku (Edward from Fullmetal Alchemist, Toushiro Hitsugaya from BLEACH, Tao Ren from Shaman King, etc)

Animator/character designer:
Miwa Oshima (Tales of Saiunkoku, Detective Conan)

Music Artist:
Sound Horizon
ZZ
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

PyronIkari

Quote from: yumicchi88 on May 27, 2008, 03:56:21 PM

Music Artist:
Sound Horizon

As much as I would absolutely love Sound Horizon to come to the US... this is not going to happen. Sound Horizon is basically a digital opera. No one would get it, no one would understand it, and no one would appreciate it.

Besides the fact that I doubt they would even come.

yumicchi88

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 27, 2008, 04:02:06 PM

Music Artist:
Sound Horizon

As much as I would absolutely love Sound Horizon to come to the US... this is not going to happen. Sound Horizon is basically a digital opera. No one would get it, no one would understand it, and no one would appreciate it.

Besides the fact that I doubt they would even come.

I figured. but still, i have freedom to request anyone, right? whether its unlikely or not
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

GokuMew2

Daisuke Namigawa (Fai from Tsubasa chronicles, eigetsu from Tales of Saiunkoku etc)
Namikawa. ;)

Let's bring more seiyuu to Fanime!!
- Suwabe Junichi (Atobe/PoT, Grimmjow/BLEACH, Greed/FMA, Fuuma/X)
- Hatano Wataru (Kasanoda/Ouran, Sam/Terra he, Tomokazu/Yumeria)
- Konishi Katsuyuki (Kamina/GL, Komui/D.Gray-man, Hisagi & Keigo/BLEACH, Soubi/LOVELESS)
- Morikawa Toshiyuki (Isshin/BLEACH, Dante/DMC, Sephiroth/FF7AC, Naraku/InuYasha)
- Suzuki Tatsuhisa (Tezuka/Toshokan Sensou, Sakuya/Dancouga Nova, Ishii/DEAR BOYS)
- Miyano Mamoru (Tamaki/Ouran, Zero/Vampire Knight, Death the Kid/Soul Eater)
- Fukuyama Jun (Lelouch/Code Geass, Toki/Amatsuki, Yumichika & Mizuiro/BLEACH, Watanuki/xxxHOLiC)

I have a much longer list but these are the main ones I would like to see. Would also like any cast member from Gurren Lagann so I can get more signatures for my flag.

As for music acts, UVERworld, access, B'z, Base Ball Bear, or SunSet Swish would be nice.

Mangaka I'd like to see are Shimizu Yuki, Yamane Ayano, Sakuragi Yaya, and Matsuri Hino.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Kaura117

Offering another vote in favor of getting SHAFT onto this side of the Pacific.

SZS and ZSZS renewed my hope for the anime industry. Let's show 'em our appreciation, yeah?

Dragon Ninja

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Hylia

The voice actor of the english Vegeta!
"SAY IT
SAY IT
OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAND"

I knew his name, but I forgot ;/