Started by Nina Star 9, May 26, 2008, 08:21:42 PM

Persephone

Guests wise, my wishlist is:

TAKEHITO KOYASU (notice the caps)
Jun Fukuyama
Mamoru Miyano
Hikaru Midorikawa

American voice actor list:
Crispin Freeman (actually a really cool guy)
Patrick Seitz (really nice person, such a nerd XD)
Ralph Lister

Anime industry people:
Taliesin Jaffe 

But seriously guys, Takehito Koyasu. Why hasn't anyone suggested him yet? He's only in EVERYTHING.

That is all I can think of now.

PyronIkari

Because Koyasu doesn't even do public appearances in Japan. He's like Masamune Shirou. He doesn't like public appearances, or more specifically, he doesn't like people. Friends of mine who have basically met everyone there is to meet, say it's extremely hard to set up anything with him. JP companies and magazines have been trying to get interviews with him for a long time, and for them it's near impossible, let alone an American convention.

puyo_pop

I WANT GAINAX AGAIN TOO~~
argh, I totally missed them this year.   >:(

GokuMew2

Quote from: puyo_pop on July 18, 2008, 11:35:50 PM
I WANT GAINAX AGAIN TOO~~
argh, I totally missed them this year.   >:(

Get the GL seiyuu who couldn't come this year! =.DDD *coughKonishicoughKakiharacough*
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

marisuga

How about NEWS or another JE (Johnny's Entertainment) group? Jpop is a big part of Japanese culture in my opinion. I think it should be represented! (NEWS is preferable...)

PyronIkari

Quote from: souseiseki on July 20, 2008, 10:36:53 PM
How about NEWS or another JE (Johnny's Entertainment) group? Jpop is a big part of Japanese culture in my opinion. I think it should be represented! (NEWS is preferable...)

This is quite impossible, as Johnny's never leave SE Asia. Taiwan/HK/China is the furthest they go from Japan, and that is ONLY because they have a huge huge huge huge huge huge huge established fan base there. There isn't a chance in hell that fanime could afford it, and even if they could, they still would get a no.

Acid_Android

Quote from: PyronIkari on July 20, 2008, 10:58:15 PM
Quote from: souseiseki on July 20, 2008, 10:36:53 PM

This is quite impossible, as Johnny's never leave SE Asia. Taiwan/HK/China is the furthest they go from Japan, and that is ONLY because they have a huge huge huge huge huge huge huge established fan base there. There isn't a chance in hell that fanime could afford it, and even if they could, they still would get a no.

Actually, I think about 3 years ago (?), KAT-TUN was supposed to make an appearance in Los Angeles in some kind of parade, but when they showed up, girls went ALL kinds of crazy which compromised the safety of the group and they couldn't even get through the parade, lol. So while there was a public appearance (not even a concert!) by a JE group on this side of the globe, it was pretty dangerous, lol.

And with incidents like Yamapi getting nearly beaten up by his fans at the airport in Seoul (all this WITH security surrounding him), I'm not sure we'd have enough man-power to protect HIM, let alone the rest of the NEWS members properly, lol.

Issues like that, along with the things that they would need for their highly elaborate shows...it'd be very difficult. (^^;   )

But JPop acts are being looked into :)
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Kazuko

=( Im still waiting for plastic tree, I mean they did a global tour with stops in the US and i think they did it again

Jerry

probably more of an unlikely guest...

but Seth Green.

Cuz he's cool like that.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

PyronIkari

Quote from: Acid_Android on July 22, 2008, 08:26:09 AM

Actually, I think about 3 years ago (?), KAT-TUN was supposed to make an appearance in Los Angeles in some kind of parade, but when they showed up, girls went ALL kinds of crazy which compromised the safety of the group and they couldn't even get through the parade, lol. So while there was a public appearance (not even a concert!) by a JE group on this side of the globe, it was pretty dangerous, lol.

And with incidents like Yamapi getting nearly beaten up by his fans at the airport in Seoul (all this WITH security surrounding him), I'm not sure we'd have enough man-power to protect HIM, let alone the rest of the NEWS members properly, lol.

Issues like that, along with the things that they would need for their highly elaborate shows...it'd be very difficult. (^^;   )

[/quote]

This is only half true. The trip wasn't for an appearance. A certain Johnny's member was going to school in LA. Short of it, people found out things they shouldn't and that's what happened.

Acid_Android

Quote from: PyronIkari on July 22, 2008, 07:37:02 PM
Quote from: Acid_Android on July 22, 2008, 08:26:09 AM

This is only half true. The trip wasn't for an appearance. A certain Johnny's member was going to school in LA. Short of it, people found out things they shouldn't and that's what happened.
[/quote]

LOL, that makes it even worse then! xD I know Jin went to LA to take English classes, but I'd thought it was a little later.  (This old mind of mine is going senile o_o...) That still reinforces the fact that JE boys would need a ton of security if we were ever super lucky enough to get approval to bring 'em over.

We'll still try to do what we can to satisfy those JPop cravings xDD

MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Kazuko

X( Im going to repost like its hot

I would like the following people to come (oh i dream)
Mitsukazu Mihara
Plastic Tree

But you know since lolita brands are getting pretty big in the United states, especially with baby the stars shine bright opening in Aug of 09 in SF you should get some lolita brands to come here =)

Baby the Stars shine bright
Angelic Pretty
Metamorphose

They should come to fanime *o* at least MaruiOne

Nina Star 9

I totally second bringing loli brands out here! It actually is getting a lot more common at cons to bring out loli brands, and I noticed that last con, there were a lot of really good lolis, instead of the usual crop of cheap lace and shiny satin.

I'm also going to repeat: we need some jazz. JiLL-Decoy association, plz. I'd e happy with paris match. Or even orange pekoe, but they are less desireable. JDA would be pure win, though, esepcially since I'm hoping for something other than just pop and visual kei. If you must have rock, Amano Tsukiko is still perfect, but I'm really hoping to see some jazz. D: Unlikely to get any of these artists, since I suggest them all the time, but it would be amazing~

egosandlies

For music I'd love to see Acid Black Cherry and maybe even the bands of all the support members. Breakerz would probably bring a good amount of people, so I'm sure the two of them together would probably bring an even bigger crowd.

But I'd only want that if fans would get at least two months notice since I have friends on the east cost who would want to come for ABC. And giving anyone only one months notice just isn't satisfactory. For any band.

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: egosandlies on July 24, 2008, 07:16:34 PM
For music I'd love to see Acid Black Cherry and maybe even the bands of all the support members. Breakerz would probably bring a good amount of people, so I'm sure the two of them together would probably bring an even bigger crowd.

But I'd only want that if fans would get at least two months notice since I have friends on the east cost who would want to come for ABC. And giving anyone only one months notice just isn't satisfactory. For any band.

We do what we can. It's hard to get contracts from Japan translated, signed by the right people, sent back to Japan, translated again, signed on their end, sent back to us. Then arranging hotel rooms, plane tickets that coincide with everyone's schedule, then hashing out the actual schedule for con. It's pretty crazy.

I know that it seems like we have a full year, but that is just not the case. Research, contacting the bands and negotiations take time.

If you would like to improve this situation, you are more than welcome to join staff and help us make this happen. Saying that we should announce our guests within a certain timeframe is easy. Making it actually happen is the hard part!
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

PyronIkari

Quote from: egosandlies on July 24, 2008, 07:16:34 PM

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Are you that idiot from the otakon board? It sure seems like you are. wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about.

http://board.otakon.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=12398&view=findpost&p=176867

Guy is bitching because Otakon booked a band he liked last minute and he can't see them because he can't plan a trip in two weeks.

GokuMew2

Quote from: PyronIkari on July 24, 2008, 09:06:35 PM
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Are you that idiot from the otakon board? It sure seems like you are. wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Guy is bitching because Otakon booked a band he liked last minute and he can't see them because he can't plan a trip in two weeks.

Wow, that's some harsh stuff there.
Where there's a will there's a way??
< Mew >

KyraEnsui

Quote from: GokuMew2 on July 25, 2008, 10:03:11 AM
Quote from: PyronIkari on July 24, 2008, 09:06:35 PM

Wow, that's some harsh stuff there.
Where there's a will there's a way??

There's always a way, it's up to the person to act upon it. I don't get why this person would be complaining? At least, I commute for Fanime and I don't even live close by because I enjoyed going to Fanime every year, no matter what guests they bring. Thank you, Fanime Staffs for being awesome guests every year!

Back on topic, I love to see Miyano Mamoru coming over since he's well-verse in both being a seiyuu and singer. He also does stage play too. For music guests, seeing both Nami Tamaki and TM Revolution performing would be awesome. =)

TheDarkenedElf

Camino.  Hands down, if there's one group I think that should come back, it's Camino.

What with their recent openings of Koutetsu Sangokushi and Tomika Hero Rescue Force, I know a lot of American fans are sorely missing them.  Not to mention that since their last American appearance (that I can find - someone correct me if I'm wrong) is in 2006.  Since then, they've released 6 (and presumably going on 7/8, since Story hasn't had a Maxi Single or an OST or anything released yet) cds that their American fans haven't been able to get our hands on.

Every time I've seen them at a con, they've been exceptionally nice to fans, which is a real plus for guests (no matter how popular you are, if you're a jerk, you're a jerk.  They aren't).

That's my two cents.

GokuMew2

Quote from: TheDarkenedElf on July 29, 2008, 06:34:37 PM
Camino.  Hands down, if there's one group I think that should come back, it's Camino.
I wouldn't be opposed to this. Then I could get my Koutetsu album signed! ;D

Still rooting for more seiyuu to come. *puppy face*
< Mew >