Oh my GOD the ELEVATORS!

Started by mekalai, May 26, 2008, 09:17:18 PM

mekalai

!!!!!!

I was on the FOURTH FLOOR OF THE MARRIOT.

Sounds good, right? Stairs and all that? Well it SUCKS when you need to check out and you're trying to get downstairs with friends who have ginormous bags. (I had a backpack and a messenger bag, thassit.)

We could NOT get into the elevator for over half an hour until I (yes, me, Ricci, the wonderful) came up with this awesome idea.

We got into the first elevator we could that was going up.

Success.

We went ALL THE WAY UP TO LEVEL 25... But then we came back down. And all was good. Especially when we started singing tetris whenever someone new came in. And uh, yelled about sex or something. That could have just been the con in general though...

_Ricci
:: poke ::

Nina Star 9

I also was on the fourth floor of the Marriott, and we ended up carrying our bags downstairs.

I actually had the worst time with elevators Sunday night. Whenever an elevator came by, going either up or down, it was totally packed, and everyone would yell (usually rudely) that I should just take the stairs. Not only is that totally insensitive (they had no idea if I had some sort of disability that wasn't obvious), but this was after walking around all day in 4" heels, then changing into another pair of 4" heels (stilettoes, this time), dancing like crazy at the Ball, and then walking upstairs to my room, and my hips and feet were hurting like crazy. Yes, I was the one who danced all night, and the shoes are actually more comfortable than one would think, but still, you shouldn't yell at someone that is in pain from walking too much already to take the stairs. Not cool.

Now, my sister was with a friend that was in a wheelchair on Saturday night and had a similar experience, which is a lot worse, since apparently the people were even more rude, and you can't really bring a wheelchair down an elevator. :<

I won't even get into people overcrowding the elevators like crazy...

questionette

The elevators suck waiting for them, but inside is a party in itself
I met soo many people in the hilton elevators :D

My favorite time was when someone's cell phone went off and the entire ouran host club began singing "GAY BAR"

XD good times.

heeroyuy135

I was also in the 4th floor of the Marriott. I found myself taking the stairs the majority of the time between the 2nd and 4th floors.

I didn't have a problem getting everything up and down via the elevators. Me and my friend checked out really early before 9am, got the bellhop, got the elevator with ease, and was able to pack the car before the rush came - Vallet parking FTW

Kaura117

The Marriot elevators can rust in hell. 22nd floor. Things were bad enough that some of my roommates trekked the entire way down with their luggage via the stairwell.

Gwydion

Crown Plaza's elevators were fine most of the Con... except for I think it was Friday when one died. I remember snickering that we were killing the elevators already. ^^ But it worked on Saturday so they fixed it pretty quickly. Only problem was that unless you were in the lobby, you had NO IDEA if an opening elevator was going up or down til you were already on it. Took the scenic route one day thanks to that...

Reikon

The elevators at the Hilton didn't seem too bad. There were waits, but they were never long enough for us to even consider using the stairs (though we were on the 11th floor).
2008-09 E-gaming staff

billgoku

Rarely used the elevators at the Marriott...though I thought it was freaking stupid to see a guy take the elevator from the 2nd floor to the first one...
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

weirderraindrop

The surrounding hotels always have horrible waits on the elevators during Con...that's just what comes with having so many people around.

It really does suck though. :\

Snow Ninja

Personally I loved the elevators.

You get to chat with some funny people most of the time.

Favorite part was singing Queen in the elevator lobby, and in the elevator on Saturday night.

Jun-Watarase

The elevators were constantly clogged. While it was frustrating, it was fun at the same time. It's like every time I stepped into an elevator, we all bonded into a group. However, there were always a few people who were just... too noisy, rowdy, and rude.

Though, there was one time where it dropped a couple of inches and stopped moving. Freaked everyone out, and the air was depleting. D:

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Roguethe

Elevators were horrible at the FairMont too. I was on the fourth floor, and just ended up taking the stairs in full fledged lolita XD
The Suite costed close to a Thousand already, didn't want to get an extra fine for missing the check out dead-line Dx
The elevator rides on Fri-Sat and sunday were funny though. The Non-Fanime people like to stare at you in your costume through the goldish reflective metal of the elevator doors, lol.

I draw sometimessss

Junon

5th floor of Crowne Plaza across the street from the 'con.

During the convention it was ok. I was able to ride it alone most time which allowed me to cut the cheese when I pleased.

However during the last day when people were running for the hills (to check out), the elevators were packed. It was almost impossible to get an elevator to even show UP on the 5th floor. However once one got there 10 minutes later, we (co-con'ers and I) manage to talk the people inside the elevator, OUT of the elevator and finally made it out the hotel.

Sorry to guys and gals who thought room 504 were giving out free anime DVDs and comics. TELLING LIES TO GET ON THE ELEVATOR IS METAL!!  >:(

SOawesomeness

4th floor of the Hilton- not that bad, though I wish I could have found some stairways that wasn't alarmed so I could just walk down instead... D:
I got my luggage out of the room at 7-ish in the morning, me and my friends pulled an all-nighter and didn't have anything else better to do. (: No one in the elevators, barely anyone in the convention, too. :D It was awesome~
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Mordyan

9th floor of the Mariott.
I never waited more than a few minutes (ok maybe five). But I also avoided using the elevators during peak hour like checkout on Monday morning. For me the elevators were actually better this year. And I agree that the elevators were fun at times talking to everyone in them.

Kimiko

Welcome to FANIME! lol

Yes, the elevators sucked, but it's like that every year. At one point, we walked down from the 11th floor, but other than that, it wasn't horrendous, but some people were still rude and tried to make the elevator LOOK fuller than it was. Sad, really!
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

Kender

I knew there would be a rush and most everyone who's been to Fanime or any other con with large attendance numbers before knows to take the going up elevators or you won't be able to get on unless you luck out.  And it STILL was difficult to find an elevator that had enough room for even one person.

My biggest annoyance was I was there and waiting on the 11th floor of the Hilton with a huge and obviously heavy box and already had to wait through one elevator because someone had been there before me and was able to fit in the one spot that showed in even an up elevator.  This group of girls came up after I'd already been waiting another several minutes and CUT IN FRONT OF ME to fill all the empty space on an elevator GOING DOWN FOR ONCE that had just arrived a couple minutes after they got there.  It was completely rude and they should have done the courteous thing and let me go first.  I ended up having to wait for a third elevator that didn't come for another 10 minutes that I could fit into.

I know the elevators will be packed, but please people use proper etiquette and let those who are there before you on first if there is limited space.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old.  We grow old because we stop playing."

abcbadcat

There were a few times where the wait was pretty infuriating and long but when you get INTO the hotel room...

90% of the time... each ride was pretty enjoyable.

red_thestrals

Quote from: billgoku on May 26, 2008, 09:59:10 PM
Rarely used the elevators at the Marriott...though I thought it was freaking stupid to see a guy take the elevator from the 2nd floor to the first one...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! that IS stupid! omg this made me lol

Kender

Quote from: red_thestrals on May 26, 2008, 11:54:48 PM
Quote from: billgoku on May 26, 2008, 09:59:10 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! that IS stupid! omg this made me lol

You don't know if the person had a medical injury that required them to not use stairs so I wouldn't laugh =/.  Even if they looked perfectly fine I do know people who aren't allowed to use stairs via doctor's orders as they will aggravate existing medical problems like joint issues and the like.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old.  We grow old because we stop playing."