Oh my GOD the ELEVATORS!

Started by mekalai, May 26, 2008, 09:17:18 PM

crazychichi

Quote from: Kender on May 28, 2008, 02:11:12 PM
Quote from: kuroi on May 27, 2008, 12:18:05 PM
Quote from: Kender on May 27, 2008, 12:06:06 AM
Quote from: red_thestrals on May 26, 2008, 11:54:48 PM
Quote from: billgoku on May 26, 2008, 09:59:10 PM
Rarely used the elevators at the Marriott...though I thought it was freaking stupid to see a guy take the elevator from the 2nd floor to the first one...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! that IS stupid! omg this made me lol

You don't know if the person had a medical injury that required them to not use stairs so I wouldn't laugh =/.  Even if they looked perfectly fine I do know people who aren't allowed to use stairs via doctor's orders as they will aggravate existing medical problems like joint issues and the like.

However, if they were in the Marriott, there is still very little reason for them to need the elevator. There was an escalator not too far from the elevator lobby that was working 90% of the time (there was one time around 1PM on Sunday where the down escalator wasn't working, but the up one was) Taking the escalator would've meant less wait, and probably less crowding from the multitudes of people who went down to the first to take it back up to whatever floor they were going to.

Re stairs: I was on the 16th floor of the Marriott, and I'll admit, I took the elevator most of the time. However, there were times (like right after the masquerade) when it was crazy enough that I took the stairs up and down. As well as one trip down to my car with luggage on Monday. And by that time, my right foot was actively bleeding, I was limping slightly, and had been wearing heels pretty much the entire weekend. But for the most part, we didn't have too many long waits.

Some people can't even be on stairs in any form, even ones that move on their own.  I just think it's rude to make fun of someone when you don't know the whole story.  Seriously not cool.

Agreed. People looked at me and I tried to appear normal after I injured my foot.  Went to the ER finally yesterday after I couldn't take the pain and the s0-called normal looking girl actually got diagnosed with OsteoArthritis and Tendonitis with minor trauma to the left foot
Fanime Safety on Site 2008
Fanime Rovers 2007

Hylia

Quote from: crazychichi on May 28, 2008, 02:15:08 PM
Agreed. People looked at me and I tried to appear normal after I injured my foot.  Went to the ER finally yesterday after I couldn't take the pain and the s0-called normal looking girl actually got diagnosed with OsteoArthritis and Tendonitis with minor trauma to the left foot

Oh, ouch....

At any rate, those two just probably weren't thinking when they posted that ; p
NO SIGNATURE OH SHIT
(Arigato)Alex

error00004

dude...when I went to my room and changed into Halloween Sora and went down the elevator it started to get crowded and right when I was trying to get out someone breaks off my wing D;
Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ

crazychichi

Quote from: Hylia on May 28, 2008, 02:19:16 PM
Quote from: crazychichi on May 28, 2008, 02:15:08 PM

Oh, ouch....

At any rate, those two just probably weren't thinking when they posted that ; p

Yeahs, hehe! Its no worries
Fanime Rovers 2007

EvilBunnyKid

Third floor of the Ramada (but of course there were only three).  And my room was right next to murder central!!  (yes, I watch CSI).  I didnt have to worry about elevators, and the parking was free, and I could walk the distance to the covention center.  (I also paid half the price of you marriott and hilton people.)  :P   much love see you all next year!!  o(>v<)o    bye nappy!!

mekalai

OH MY GOD. O_O

I posted this, didn't expect 44 responses, so I left and didn't come back until today to see if anyone said anything. o_o;;; And I waaant waaaaaaant to read it all! But but! SO MANY!

:: hangs head ::

I read a few. I know we -could- have walked down the stairs, at least some of us. But one girl didn't bring a suitcase. She brought a jumbo-sized black garbage bag. It kind of... would have broken going downstairs. o_o I mean, my memory is kind of messing the image up... (I'm sure it was NOT moving around... but hey, animebrain...) But it was still big. And stuffed. With pointy things. Or well... semi-pointy things.

But yeah, once inside an elevator, it's SO much fun. xD I mean, when we got off, my friend pulled out his cellphone and pulled out this little generic "YOU WIN" kind of ringtone. xD

Oh.

And people? Stop being rude and telling people who may or may not have a disability (such as something like scoliosis or arthritis) THIS:

"TAKE THE STAIRS" <---DON'T SAY IT.
:: poke ::

crazychichi

So guys, you're gonna    :o  when you hear this one....

My friend sent me video of the Marriott elevators breaking and a group of cosplayers stuck inside with him taping...  I'm going to get him to trim it down and post it on YouTube, so I'll post a link soon hopefully.... Its hilarious, trust me.

And btw, the reason it needs to be trimmed is cause its like 15 minutes long....

And speaking on the issue of people yelling at others to take the stairs...  Please people, unless you know what the person on the other side of the elevator is ailing from... do not say the horrid "TAKE THE ______  STAIRS!!!!"  its rude and wrong....

But anyways, video will be up soon
Fanime Rovers 2007

K&K4ever

Yeah, people kept on yelling at me to take the stars when I'm carrying my xbox, swap meet stuff and THREE garment bags >:( .
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Sasuke13

Quote from: crazychichi on May 29, 2008, 05:39:16 PM
So guys, you're gonna    :o  when you hear this one....

My friend sent me video of the Marriott elevators breaking and a group of cosplayers stuck inside with him taping...  I'm going to get him to trim it down and post it on YouTube, so I'll post a link soon hopefully.... Its hilarious, trust me.

And btw, the reason it needs to be trimmed is cause its like 15 minutes long....

And speaking on the issue of people yelling at others to take the stairs...  Please people, unless you know what the person on the other side of the elevator is ailing from... do not say the horrid "TAKE THE ______  STAIRS!!!!"  its rude and wrong....

But anyways, video will be up soon

lol, my friend D. NAruto taped us and some people trapped in the elevator as well, prolly the same people. And sadly later on, when my friend changed into his Link costume, he heard the elevator alarm, he decided to walk down the stairs...18 flights...x_o;;;

Contain urself...

K&K4ever

Well now we know better. Kimu told me that next time I should get most of my stuff out the night before. That way you only have to take one trip down the next morning (to get to the con and put the last few bags in your car.)
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

XpHoBiaX

Well, I was on the 19th floor this year. I am a stubborn person when it comes to health, and this year I had been off of work and on disability for a year. Becuase of that stubborness.
I have combination of things wrong with my back and hips that cuases it to pop/slide out of place often. It's painful.

The thing that really pissed me off is when some jerk tried to shove himself into me and a few other fellow con goers on monday. He swore at us and called us nasty names. This was AFTER another con goer did the same thing and knocked me in the head with a big bag. Neither of them fit into the elevator.

STOP MAKING IT A BIG FUCKING ORDEAL OVER A DAMNED ELEVATOR! If you don't like it, don't go to the convention. Or room somewhere else and WALK your ass to the con.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

mekalai

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on May 29, 2008, 09:41:40 PM
Well, I was on the 19th floor this year. I am a stubborn person when it comes to health, and this year I had been off of work and on disability for a year. Becuase of that stubborness.
I have combination of things wrong with my back and hips that cuases it to pop/slide out of place often. It's painful.

The thing that really pissed me off is when some jerk tried to shove himself into me and a few other fellow con goers on monday. He swore at us and called us nasty names. This was AFTER another con goer did the same thing and knocked me in the head with a big bag. Neither of them fit into the elevator.

STOP MAKING IT A BIG FUCKING ORDEAL OVER A DAMNED ELEVATOR! If you don't like it, don't go to the convention. Or room somewhere else and WALK your ass to the con.

I'm not sure I understand the first paragraph at all.

Anyways. I feel no sympathy for your capitalk. Straight up, I stayed with strangers both nights I was there. I had no control over where I slept. If I could have, I would have -stayed- at the Motel 6 instead of switching to the Marriot.

The point of this thread is not to make a big ordeal about the elevator, it's the fact that people were consistently rude. I'm sure this was received from both ends. but I'm telling you, even when I myself wasn't taking the elevator, people would piss me off. The door would open, and people would IMMEDIATELY scream at you. "TAKE THE FUCKING STAIRS."

You have a health condition. So did my friend. I don't have a lasting condition, but by that point in the con, I -could not take the stairs.- I TRIED. I went up and down them several times, my feet literally couldn't handle it. My knees literally couldn't handle it. My hips literally couldn't handle it. My muscles... you get the fuckin' point. I have a hard time going -down- anything. I've had to walk to the train station the last two days of school. My knees hurt like a bitch, as well as my back. Mad at me for my messenger bag.

I still enjoyed the con. It was the fact that people can be very inconsiderate. I saw someone else mention "Well we were on the fourth flour, we carried our bags."

THE. BAGS. WOULD. HAVE. BROKE.

I would rather people didn't pack so much shit for a weekend, personally. I carried my stuff with me the whole con, it was so little. I mean, my shoulders hate me for it (since I had both backpack straps and a messenger bag strap), so does my back, but it was small enough that I -could- get away with it. If everyone did that, I expect things would've worked out much better.

Uh. End rant.

XpHoBiaX

QuoteAnyways. I feel no sympathy for your capitalk.

I don't really care, I was ranting. Just like you, I roomed with strangers too. And for the record, all I said was don't make a big deal out of the elevators, it can't be helped. And don't take my response so offensively. I wasn't telling you to do anything. It was a general opinion.

2010 cosplay...?

mekalai

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on May 29, 2008, 10:26:52 PM
QuoteAnyways. I feel no sympathy for your capitalk.

I don't really care, I was ranting. Just like you, I roomed with strangers too. And for the record, all I said was don't make a big deal out of the elevators, it can't be helped. And don't take my response so offensively. I wasn't telling you to do anything. It was a general opinion.

Most of my rant wasn't even directed at you. Shoulda specified that. >.O A lot of it was just general BLAH, worded into "GKAHDGKAHGD ELEVATORS!"

So yeah, I didn't mean to make it seem like I took serious offense. It just... perfect syntax for me to go BOOM.

Too bad I forgot about my idea from LAST year until just now. o_o I was gonna bake a bunch of cookies, go around con offering "Cookie and a hug?" If they wanted one but not the other, I was gonna run away screaming "Syntax Error!"

XpHoBiaX

I don't think you'd be allowed to do the cookie thing. There is a rule about that. x_x
But I would love the hug after getting whacked in the dome by a careless ass shoving his way into the elevator. @_@

2010 cosplay...?

Chloe

Did anyone come across people pressing all the buttons of the elevator once you came down on the 2nd or 1st floor? Like... Right before they get off, they press a shitload of floors?

Also, I think I heard people yelling in the elevator on the 18 floor.  Right as I stepped out of my hotel room, I heard screaming by the elevators...  Could that of been people stuck inside?
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

mekalai

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on May 29, 2008, 10:39:53 PM
I don't think you'd be allowed to do the cookie thing. There is a rule about that. x_x
But I would love the hug after getting whacked in the dome by a careless ass shoving his way into the elevator. @_@

Hmmn, no, offering food is fine. I think. I do it every year with various things anyways. But anyways, not all the rules really need to be enforced. A lot of them are there just to point out some common sense things. "Don't eat other people's food" boils down to "Don't take candy from strangers, it'll have the date rape drug in it, and you shall get date raped."

And yeah, I wouldn't mind the hugs either. O_o When my friends and I got out of the elevator, we did hug. xD

rude32

Quote from: Chloe on May 29, 2008, 10:49:06 PM
Did anyone come across people pressing all the buttons of the elevator once you came down on the 2nd or 1st floor? Like... Right before they get off, they press a shitload of floors?

Also, I think I heard people yelling in the elevator on the 18 floor.  Right as I stepped out of my hotel room, I heard screaming by the elevators...  Could that of been people stuck inside?
It could have been the elevator XpHoBiaX and I were riding on where we screamed at every stop on the way down. Was it located on the Mariott side?
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Sucrose

My group was on the 7th floor of the Marriott, and usually we had to wait for a few elevators to go by before one would arrive that we could get on. The annoying thing was when there was obviously plenty of space in the elevator but all the people would crowd towards the front of it so that it looked like nobody else could get in...obviously they were pretty packed on Monday around checkout time and everybody had Tons o' Stuff to tow out to their cars, but most people on the elevators were really rude to us while we were waiting with our own selection of belongings. The doors would open and they would all go "NO YOU CAN'T GET ON WAIT FOR ANOTHER ONE" and only one elevator had somebody who said "sorry!" when the doors closed (pointless, but it was nice to get some sympathy).

One finally came with three or so dudes on it, and we all got up with our junk to load it on, since there was plenty of space...and one of the dudes hit the "close door" button and it shut before any of us could get on. We ended up taking the stairs, which wasn't so bad since we were on the 7th floor, but we had lots of heavy baggage and I was dumb enough to still be in costume with a compression vest on that made it really hard to breathe properly (and with no easy way to take it off until we found a bathroom) once we finally hit the bottom. That part was my own fault, but it just seems a shame. What happened to sharing and caring?
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: Chloe on May 29, 2008, 10:49:06 PM

I threatend to break fingers becuase I got stuck in an elevator twice that people had done that on. Infact, I was in the secod elevator WITH the people who did that. So yeah...I dunno if they continued after I threatend them, but it never happened again when I was in one.

2010 cosplay...?