Oh my GOD the ELEVATORS!

Started by mekalai, May 26, 2008, 09:17:18 PM

FinalShadows

Man.. elevator was hell on the checking out part.. I was debating whether I should have taken the 8 flights of stairs down to the first floor, then I managed to find a tiny space in the elevator, so it saved my life lol.
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

XpHoBiaX

I would like to see the cookie and hugs at the elevators. @_@ If mekalai  does it, I would be happy. XD

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Shinsengumi

Quote from: K&K4ever on May 29, 2008, 09:25:02 PM
Well now we know better. Kimu told me that next time I should get most of my stuff out the night before. That way you only have to take one trip down the next morning (to get to the con and put the last few bags in your car.)

I always do that every year  ;) :-*
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

crazychichi

Quote from: Shinsengumi on May 30, 2008, 12:30:07 AM
Well now we know better. Kimu told me that next time I should get most of my stuff out the night before. That way you only have to take one trip down the next morning (to get to the con and put the last few bags in your car.)

Pretty smart...  Didnt do it this year but next year its going to happen.  In fact, maybe I'll try the Hilton next year and see how it is...elevator wise... 

Because of my staff responsibilites I have to be close by in case of sudden acts of God, aka emergencies, so i can't just jump down the road to a off site hotel.
Fanime Safety on Site 2008
Fanime Rovers 2007

gackt_2003

Ooh elevators were interesting. I was on the 16th floor at marriott. My friend had a brilliant idea when it came to elevator rush time. If going up, take the stairs to the 2nd floor since that's where everyone gets off and get on. You'll go to the first floor with an already full elevator and no one can get on XD then just go up to your floor XD hahaha...well, i thought it was funny >.>
anyways. yeahh...checkout day, half my group got an elevator and me and the other half had to wait. i didnt want to so i took the stairs [from the 16th floor] with a suitcase, fairly sized duffel bag, and heels. not fun. but hey, cons give you the most exercise i like to think XD

Kegan_Flame

Quote from: Hylia on May 27, 2008, 07:27:11 AM
The elevators were WAY fun!
Hanging out in the elevators was WAY CREEPY.
We met a drunk dude, who fought with the crazy chick with a hot pink pocket knife, who was also crazy and liked "dead body's", while she fought with the OTHER guy in the elevator about who was the top "weed county" in California.
On top of that, Kegan (or Kaygen? DONT GET MAD ME LOVE YOU!) was creeping out all the people who walked in talking them into having an orgy in the elevators with us.
Yeah. WE'RE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE.

To make a longer story short(er);
I AM NEVER HANGING OUT IN THE ELEVATOR AGAIN ;_____;

KEGAN!

and you totally know that was MADE OF WIN =)

Jerry

I'm glad i was one the 3rd floor.

woot for only walking up 1 flight of stairs :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

mekalai

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on May 30, 2008, 12:26:59 AM
I would like to see the cookie and hugs at the elevators. @_@ If mekalai  does it, I would be happy. XD

xD See, the biggest thing is that I can never remember that I need to start baking cookings a few days ahead of time! ...Then I need to hide it from the folks. If I can remember that next year, then at Check Out, be at the Marriot. x3 Or well... I dunno. o_O I'll make an announcement if I am, depending on which hotel I end up sleeping in. xD Though, considering it was a fluke that I ended up in the Marriot and not under tables at the con...

I did make home-made potato chips this year. But no one wanted them. =( Apparently home-made potato chips (which by the way, were probably the best potato chips I've ever eaten... so much better tasting) aren't as appealing. OF COURSE IT DOESN'T HELP THAT MY DAD PUT A BATCH OF CHIPS INTO ONE OF THE BAGS BEFORE THEY HAD TIME TO SET. X_X
See, if you put them in with the others too fast, the oils that haven't dried yet... ruin the whole batch. Y'gotta let them sit on a cold plate for a while. :: nodnod ::
:: poke ::

XpHoBiaX

I would like to have a taste of these homemade chips too! ;)

;>.> I was going to make jello shaped shot glasses full of pudding. But I forgot. ;)

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

K&K4ever

Quote from: Shinsengumi on May 30, 2008, 12:30:07 AM

:-*
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

FinalShadows

Anyone want to camp out in front of elevators for one night? xD
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

K&K4ever

Quote from: FinalShadows on June 01, 2008, 08:28:06 PM
Anyone want to camp out in front of elevators for one night? xD

And get yelled at by the hotel staff? (that happened on my first year, when a friend of mine and I fell asleep in the lobby by mistake)  I think not, so count me out.
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

anime2yasha

Haha, these elevator stories are hilarious (not to be rude or anything). I'll remember this when I plan to stay at a hotel for Fanime.. XD Probably.. in the distant future.. >_>; Oh yes, I would LOVE to see that youtube video of the people stuck in the elevator.. I wonder what they did in there to kill time..? xD

narutofan17

I said in the Marriott last year so I feel your pain. I said in the Hilton this year but I liked the Marriott a lot better. I know it's annoying at time but I think the elevator rides were pretty fun. Seeing it you can make it to the 2nd floor. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Thisiskat

I was on the 17th floor, unable to even get an elevator. I had to use the stairs, my legs were spasming like crazy, it was annoying and painful.

However, I must say it was pretty neat seeing how many people could fit in an elevator. I saw a group of at least 10 people, one giant sword, a cart of luggage followed by one person all exit an elevator with more people inside, it was like watching a clown car unload.

Thisiskat

Quote from: K&K4ever on May 29, 2008, 08:57:14 PM
Yeah, people kept on yelling at me to take the stars when I'm carrying my xbox, swap meet stuff and THREE garment bags >:( .

you got to be kidding me, we had 2 ice chest, and x360, a wii, and groceries all taken down the stairs at same time from 17th floor. There's no reason you should think of saying that as rude... Except those who yell it out of elevators, then they're just greedy.

Punkbuster

I would be one of the first people in the elevator, and it'd get super crowded so I'd be in the back corner. I was on a really low floor and it was hilarious seeing everyone spill out to let me out, and getting the dirty looks. I'm paying to be there, like everyone else is, so whatever!

My friend and I checked out on Tuesday so we weren't rushed on Monday. It did suck when everything was deserted Monday afternoon.

Truten

Quote from: Thisiskat on June 04, 2008, 12:57:32 AM
Quote from: K&K4ever on May 29, 2008, 08:57:14 PM
Yeah, people kept on yelling at me to take the stars when I'm carrying my xbox, swap meet stuff and THREE garment bags >:( .

you got to be kidding me, we had 2 ice chest, and x360, a wii, and groceries all taken down the stairs at same time from 17th floor. There's no reason you should think of saying that as rude... Except those who yell it out of elevators, then they're just greedy.

Geez Katrina you sure did have a bunch of fun stuff to do while you were  sick...LOL

OniCourseMusha

Me and my gf had to live on the 11th floor at the Mariott! FUCK THAT WAS PACKED!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

UpNextIs

Hey anyone see the two girls randomly hanging out in the Hilton elevators?
UP-NEXT-IS On DA
Also on gaia (but I don't use it much anymore)
ButtRapist on IMVU
Add me on myspace! url = jeshkaluvsu
I like to randomly chat on msn/windows live.
So add me there too.
kthxbai
<3