1 (1.1%)
2 - Really Bad
0 (0%)
1 - My worst stay at a hotel ever. I won't be going back
2 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: May 01, 2009, 09:44:26 PM

otakuapprentice

stayed at the hilton(like i have for the last two years)

it was overall a good stay, except for monday checkout when it took forever to get an elevator(waited like close to 15-20 minutes to get downstairs)

other than that, pretty good experience.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Punkbuster

I stayed at the Hilton and it was a fabulous stay! There was a noisy pipe issue, but it was always after the dances when the smart con-goers  would shower/bathe. The Hilton staff was awesome when we lost stuff and needed directions. We intentionally declined maid service, so we didn't have to worry about cosplay/props/etc. being misplaced. I only had an issue with the roomies coming into the room when I was sleeping. Fridge was awesome, even though I forgot some of my food goodies (aka george foreman).

We are definitely staying again!

Shinsengumi

I stayed at the Hilton as well it was a nice place to stay. I only stayed for one night at the Marriott for day 0.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Reikon

I stayed at the Hilton and there were no major issues. The elevators weren't so bad and I didn't have a noise problem.

The only downside is the crappy TV and the fact it didn't have any front inputs for us to use our own stuff.
2008-09 E-gaming staff

BrightHeart76

LOVE the Hilton!  Can't wait to see what it'll look like after the renovation!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Hyura

Eh, I was kinda surprised how not-so-good the hotel was. We stayed in the Marriot and they immediately gave my friend trouble when he was checking in (he reserved a two-bedroom room and they fought him on that), the housekeeping service was really... iffy (haha, at one point they gave us bath matts when we asked for towels xD;), and overall I personally was not happy with the room. I pay less for the same kind of room at a Marriot in my town and I get better service, a refrigerator (which the room we had also lacked), AND they never give me any issues. In fact, they usually give me something better than what I reserved and the quality of the hotel is just better. But I guess different cities' hotels differ just as much as the cities themselves.

Oh well, I had a good time at Fanime regardless.

SOawesomeness

I <3'ed the Hilton. Me and my friend's key got deactivated on day 1 so we had to get it re-activated at the desk... and then my friend lost her key and got a replacement with no hassle. We also got free water bottles (the guy at the desk said they usually charged but since they had a lot of business, they didn't care because my friend took a water bottle and was dying of thirst, so we asked), and the bell desk was awesome, we had no hassle and our stuff didn't get damaged from storage. ^^

I only wish I could have found stairs to avoid elevators, though....
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Squeeky_Moonkin

From the sounds f it, not to many people are happy with the Marriot, but more so with the Hilton. I want to hear more feed back on the Sainte Claire. It was great overall...just a bit iffy about staying at a renovated hotel come next year. I have seen some of the horrors that can happen at a hotel that was recently renovated. I wonder when the Hilton is going to decide to go through with the renovation.

Moonblossom

I know the plans have been in the works for a while, I was told a while back there was a chance some of them would have been renovated for this year. So I assume they're going to start soon.

Punkbuster

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on June 01, 2008, 05:52:25 PM
I only wish I could have found stairs to avoid elevators, though....
I only found the second floor access door, which was down a hallway between the hotel elevators and the con center.

ININ

I stayed at the Marriott.  No opinion on daily room service because I told the ladies I don't want room service.  I have four cosplays and a laptop -__-  I experienced problems with my baggage on the first day and the last day, and I thought about going to the Saint Claire next year during these instances.  Fortunately, the Marriott solved my problems quickly.  I most likely stay at the Marriott next year.

Valet at half price.  Free internet.  Convenience store closes at 1am even though I didn't need anything.  I give the Marriott an 8 out of 10.

@Squeeky_Moonkin, a few of my friends stayed at the Sainte Claire in '07 and '08.  Their experiences are positive and they stay in '09.

Hatch Guy

Me and my friend stayed at the Sainte Claire for one day on Saturday and we thought it was a good price for a good room. It costed like $123.96 with overnight parking at the hotel. The room had 2 beds and was well maintained and the bathrooms clean. Thou some dislikes my friend had was occasional wet spots in the room near his bed, and the long wait and average customer service for checking into the rooms and getting luggage from their luggage storage area. Free Wi-Fi was also included, which was great but did suffer some bit of lag occasionally. But overall, it was a good hotel that is priced reasonably and is close to the Con. Sainte Claire is a recommend for price, comfort and convenience.

phoenixphire24

Quote from: Squeeky_Moonkin on June 01, 2008, 07:51:05 PM
From the sounds f it, not to many people are happy with the Marriot, but more so with the Hilton. I want to hear more feed back on the Sainte Claire. It was great overall...just a bit iffy about staying at a renovated hotel come next year. I have seen some of the horrors that can happen at a hotel that was recently renovated. I wonder when the Hilton is going to decide to go through with the renovation.

My friends and I have stayed at the Sainte Claire for the last 4 years and love it. There's free wi-fi, fridges in every room, and the TV has hook ups for video game systems and computers. The rooms are of a nice size for 4 people to share, and the bathroom is of a good size too. We like being slightly away from the insanity of the con and the hotels attached to the con, but the Sainte Claire is close enough for us to walk to the convention at all times day or night. We have always had good service and only had problems once with noise. For 3 nights with parking, with 4 of us sharing the room, the cost came out to $93 a person.

bluayu

I stayed at Hotel Montgomery and I didn't see one for this so I decided to rant on it.

Honestly, my stay wasn't that bad. My friend and I chose clean up after ourselves for Saturday, Sunday, and half of Monday instead of letting people do it in fear that my shiny laptop would be nicked (not that it would but I hear SOME places are like that..>_>;;) but when we checked in the people working at the front desk were uber nice even tho we had problems getting our room at first.

The rooms are rather spacious which was just fine with me since my friend and I were sharing. Ooh you can dim the lights in the room-yay for night lights..lol.. I've constantly tripped over stuff at places because they have bright lamps or one big light.

Our window was fun...there was no view but there's space to let day light in. The bathroom was spacy so no tripping over toliets! ^_^; Oh? Their conditioner is god? Yeah whatever they used made my hair so soft!!!

The only problems I had were...I was totally afraid of being charged for like everything. x_x Meh. I'm a paranoid freak.

SLOW INTERNET. o_o It works-I was able to keep in contact with my boyfriend through messenger just fine but after that don't use YouTube...just download your anime beforehand.

There's no drawers in the bathroom. I had make-up..flatirons..ect...kind of felt iffy if I should leave my stuff in the middle of the floor or on the wet counter aka near the sink...even if I cleaned the counter...the sink..-flops- Yes we had a table-like-ish thing there but I was using it for food..yes I brought my own food.

The coffeemaker is really confusing if you're using it to make ramen. I ended up burning myself..the directions are vague and it's one of those complicated coffeemakers that was hard to fit in the cabinet afterward.

Biggest con EVAR..it's kind of far from the con. Especially when you're just walking at night and you're a girl with another girl. It's nice and quiet which is somewhat good but I suggest if you stay here to be with a group because it's slightly irk-ish walking a ways down from the center at night in some cosplay. >_>;;

Over all tho it was good!
*~BluAyu~*

"私ーたちはキーラです。。。。"
We are the Kira...

KyraEnsui

My stay at the Hilton was pleasant even though I wasn't there 3 out of 4 nights because I had to commute back and forth for work. I had some problems when I checked-in with my card so I had to call up my friend to help me out so we waited for a few minutes. Before my other friend and I were about to wait, I asked the male staff to see where my room is and it was on the 3rd floor. That's where the pool is at. I didn't want that level since I had problems last year where our room were at pool level. At least, he gave us 4th level which it was what I wanted. However, he seems not to care much and went off to do his own thing when I left. The female staff was awesome when we came back so I was happy.

Room service was not the best because our maid didn't really clean our room and we ran out of both toilet paper and tissue paper by Sunday. I've asked to clean throughout the weekend too so I wasn't pleased about it. The bed were pleasant to sleep on so I was happy when I finally stayed for one night. Parking was a big ouch for me especially when I had to go in and out of the parking lot. The elevator were good. There are times that I used the stairs because I came back during the 'busy hours'.

Check-out was a pain because I was charged for not using the internet, but they still charge it when I asked not to be. Not pleased with it though, but I let is slide that day because I had to catch my friends. Other than that, I'll stay at the Hilton again. Just hope they do better in room cleaning though.

Kender

Quote from: KyraEnsui on June 05, 2008, 09:57:28 PM

Parking was a big ouch for me especially when I had to go in and out of the parking lot.

Check-out was a pain because I was charged for not using the internet, but they still charge it when I asked not to be. Not pleased with it though, but I let is slide that day because I had to catch my friends. Other than that, I'll stay at the Hilton again. Just hope they do better in room cleaning though.

If you stayed at the Hilton and using the parking anyways, might as well have paid up front and gotten the in and out parking.  Was cheaper per day for hotel guests than paying for it as just someone using up guest parking.  Just ask at the front desk that you want to purchase a parking pass.  And make sure you park in the Hilton lot and not the convention center lot.  Couple of my friends have made this mistake more than once.

And charged for not using it?  Did you set it up and decide to cancel it?  We had this problem in my room because we didn't realize that the internet would only be for one computer.  I had it removed from our bill because I was not paying $25 for three days worth of internet out of my own pocket just so I could only access it on my friend's apple laptop (which would only be available for brief times at night after she no longer needed it for work in prog ops anyways).  I vote stick to the free wifi.  There's the Hilton wifi you can access and still sit in those nice comfy chairs on the second level.  The in-room internet is a joke sadly ):
"We don't stop playing because we grow old.  We grow old because we stop playing."

Sunara Ishi

Stayed at the Fairmont with some friends.
It was absolutely wonderful... the place is so nice.
We had so much space that we didn't have to organize all our stuff this year.
And we had a super long hallway leading into the room; we could have fit a few more people.
I thought it would be more but it was about the same price as the previous years with my friends.

The only downside wasn't the fault of the hotel. (well, only if you choose them for not placing it closer to the Con center) It wasn't right at the con. I probably would have cosplayed my Miyu and stayed later in the con center otherwise.

I think if I have a job my next year, I'll get a room at one of the hotels closer. For one, I'll have a few costumes. For two, as a female... I don't feel safe walking to the hotel late at night.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

BenihimeSama

Dude, did ANYONE stay at the Crowne Plaza?

Anywayz, our stay was good overall! And for the price I paid, it was totally worth it! (Sixth floor, could see my car from the parking lot)

Pros:
1) Not being attached to the convention = A little bit quieter overall. And there was less elevator issues too, except the center one kept breaking, so I most of the weekend, we were all kinda afraid that we would get stuck, so we had to depend on the other two.

2) Although they didn't have any free Wi-Fi at the hotel, they had computers with free internet and printing access, so that was really cool. (They did have wi-fi but it was 10 bucks, so why pay that when the convention's was free and within seriously awesome walking distance?)

3) Rooms were seriously clean, and the staff was very nice and understanding. We kept the "Do Not Disturb" sign on a lot, to keep them from finding out we had six peeps in one room. And when I had to go down for an additional blanket, the staff was all more than welcome to help out!

Cons:
1) No mircowaves to be found ANYWHERE! Although, I was bold enough to ask the staff of the resturant downstairs and they microwaved some food for me. Good note for those who wish to eat something besides ramen, BYOM (Bring Your Own Microwave!)

2) Parking == Effing super expensive! 18 bucks a night, and that was the convention discount rate! Man, I don't know about that.

3) Too close to the airplane sounds for me!

4) Because we were across the street, we had to cross the crazy homeless people who were sleeping on the sidewalks and stuff. So take a lantern or light or walk in lots of groups if you go there!

5) They kinda had free coffee, but it was gone around 10am, so it kinda sucked.

6) Walls kinda are seriously too thin. I think our roomates next door were "doing it" a lot because I heard a lot of headboard movements. Also the pipes super sucked too. But I think that comes with being smack dab in the middle from the top floors to the bottom.
Venus Benihime-Sama
Panelist Since 2008
Panels Staff Member since 2010
Proud member of Rena's Rangers! 

Owner of The Geeky Manifestos Blog
Just admit it: Otakus just do it better.

shinjiboy

Quote from: Hatch Guy on June 03, 2008, 04:16:48 PM
Me and my friend stayed at the Sainte Claire for one day on Saturday and we thought it was a good price for a good room. It costed like $123.96 with overnight parking at the hotel. The room had 2 beds and was well maintained and the bathrooms clean. Thou some dislikes my friend had was occasional wet spots in the room near his bed, and the long wait and average customer service for checking into the rooms and getting luggage from their luggage storage area. Free Wi-Fi was also included, which was great but did suffer some bit of lag occasionally. But overall, it was a good hotel that is priced reasonably and is close to the Con. Sainte Claire is a recommend for price, comfort and convenience.

Wet spots near the bed!!!

Moonblossom

Quote from: shinjiboy on June 08, 2008, 01:06:38 PM
Quote from: Hatch Guy on June 03, 2008, 04:16:48 PM

Wet spots near the bed!!!

From a floor cleaner or something, I assume.