Spot Checks (Find Your Friends)

Started by Raedyn, May 26, 2008, 10:07:45 PM

Raedyn

We all happen across those random strangers at the con who automatically click with us.  However, we don't all manage to get contact information (forgot, too busy, and so on).  So, let's try posting the things we know and try to find them again.  I'll start with my own friend.

Michael
The nickname/handle on your badge read "God".  We met at the waltz lessons on Saturday, and then at Sunday we both ended up next to each other in line half an hour early and talked for the next forty minutes about trivial yet awesome things like woven bacon.  We were partners for the first dance, then switched around and I pretty much lost you in the sea of other guys with black hats and suits.  You found me again sometime later and asked me if my shoes were all right, and I said I had blisters.  I didn't see you again because by the time they played 'Waltz for the Moon' from Final Fantasy VIII, I could barely walk across the floor, so I left after that song.

I don't know if you came with friends, your last name, or anything besides some random things about you which aren't likely to help; but if you're reading this PM me, send me an email, or reply to this thread, because I'd like to talk with you some more.

What I was wearing for pretty much the entire con (I'm the one with longer hair):  http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h295/fo_shizzle_wekk/Fanime/MY%20Fanime/Fanime116.jpg

What I was wearing at the Black and White Ball:  http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/leradny/n721035881_948956_4298.jpg
Costumes:

Rinoa Heartilly (Ballroom Attire) (Final Fantasy VIII). 95%

Rinoa Heartilly (Hand-Knit) (Final Fantasy VIII).  90%

Karla (Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken).  20%

Ad0rkableWhteMage

Lol~ I wouldn't have started a thread if I hadn't checked this before. <3

Jerry

Met you in the line before yaoi-con double up on Sunday. At first, my lame friend called you over to take off your mask so i could...Er, get a better view. Ha! Immediately awestruck by your charm, I was rather embarrassed when you took my hand.  You happened to be one the bishonen! Later, after the game was over, you came over and yea~ Massage, touchy touchy ext... Which also gave an internal nose bleed you jerk! You asked me if I was to attend yaoi con, but sadly, I don't turn 18 till November of this year. Then...I quickly ran to the asian film area to find my friend to bring over a camera, and ran back just in time to take one with you. I was too shy to ask for contact info, so I ran off once again. For the rest of the night, I had butterflies... I kept an eye out for you today, but alas...You were gone. We will meet again! <3

PyronIkari

House M.D.

You were totally cosplaying Doctor House, and like, you had long flowing hair, and were Asian. You might have had Lupus. We should so hook up.

Graduisc

and i thought i was mean. ahaha. volunteer since '03ish door guard all day everyday, i sit in front of my own door and say "nope, exit only."

t3hpr0digy

Oh man.. okay...

I don't know her name, I don't know her handle, or anything else about her... xDD

But... she had a Seigaku uniform on and she wore pigtails.

This might be wayy too vague... well... I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for a response.

Edit: Oh... and I was a Ryoma Echizen with an eye patch and broken red racquet.

Anonymous

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UAs6M6DcELc

At 2:30, I am the Anon that brought you into the dance, and I'd love to see you again.  You happened to be cosplaying Yoko from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan.

Don't worry, I'll let you see what's under the mask before you see me if you contact me :)

AIM: BoogalooXenuSF
Email: [email protected]

A PM through here would be greatly appreciated and if anyone else here can assist me in putting her in contact with me through the means above, I'd be extremely grateful.
-Anonymous

Kazuko

The guy who held me and my friend at the an cafe concert. he had long hair and a headband on his head x: and a grey x black sweater

I have yet to thank you but if you read this then pm me :3 oh and thank you for holding me up and my friend

also the guy who danced with us at the Rave on sunday XD he had like a black sweater and a mask x: hanging with the two spartan cosplayers

Also the spartan with the blue eyes O: and long ish hair, oh man I wish I had the courage to talk to you, you were super fiiineee

Junon

To the girl that dirty danced drunk with me in the rave room that couldn't keep your hands off my millions of metal spikes.

I forgot your name and number. If you're reading this, I still have your B.O. all over my jacket, was kinda hoping I could give it back to you some how.

If you see this, PM me. Danke.

Ushitora

We played ddr together until 4 in the morning, and then we decided to throw ninja stars
at each other with your friends. I went to get you water but when I returned you were
no where to be found </3.

BobMakihara

Fantastic!  I was going to start a "missed connections" thread myself; I'm glad someone beat me to it!

We were in the "Anime fans over 30" panel, and you asked to take a picture of my dreds - then I requested a hug as payment.  ^_^  If you see this, drop me a line!!
The Fanime Sax Guy.
Cosplays:
Bob Makihara from Tenjou Tenge (100%)
Kaoru Kaidoh from Prince of Tennis (100%)
Captain Jack Sparrow (95%)
Dee Jay from SFIV (95%)
Ren Jinguji from Uta no Prince-sama (100%)

protocol7

Looking for my friend who met me while I was a zombie at Friday nights dance and worked the line and helped with giving out glowsticks at Sunday nights dance. You vanished while I was restocking and no one working line afterwards seemed to know who you were :(
FanimeCons resident zombie.
*I* MADE this happen!

pandrogyny

Okay, so it's a bit of a longshot; I have no idea if these guys will even care enough to check the forums, but wtfever. :'D

I'm looking for a few lads who ran into my friend and I on Sunday night after the AnCafe concert. I don't know any of your names (sorry guys, I was too exhausted + in shock to be taking in info) but you seemed totally mega. You asked us if we were cosplaying, and complimented my mullet (thank you again even though you saw me at my worst.)

I actually saw you boys a couple other times: Monday morning when you were chatting with two of my friends, and again in passing when I was waiting in line for a Q&A panel. YOU WAVED. :]

If any of you three read this, say hi bitches.
PM me here, 'cause I'm not giving out my personal contact info on the forum.
I hopeee to hear from you guys. You were all pretty fuckin' cute. <3

justkitteh

This thread is useless without pictures.

Oh my god! I met so many people this year at Fanime, but I forgot to get a lot of people's contact info! If you met me you totally have to let me know! I'm awful with names, and though I'm amazing at faces, that doesn't help much after the con.

I didn't cosplay, but here's a picture, and in addition to that I wore black jeans and an orange t-shirt Sunday, and a striped orange collared shirt Saturday. Sunday I wore a tan jacket over the shirt, it had a lot of cool black and red detailing on it.

Man, everyone, this year's Fanime was so baller. Oh, and I'm not the Mudkip.

I'll edit in another picture of me where you can better see my face.

And another picture of me with my boombox which was KIA Friday night.

SOawesomeness

:0 People who staffed or volunteered at At-Con Registration and chatted with me while on those long periods with no one in the lines, you guys were freaking great, I appreciate all your hard work. (by the way, I was the short Asian one who pretty much was always there, constantly walking from payment to the actual registration booths...)

Just wanted to say you guys were awesome and I better see you guys next year. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

questionette

Ohhh man okay

At the saturday night rave I was in a conga line and there was a guy that kept tapping my shoulders and yeah...and then when the people in front of me left the line he made me keep going as the front of it XD

Then when I got out of the line I was like "I LOVE YOU, MAN!" and he blew a kiss to me (this is all jokingly, ofcourse)

Buuut yeah and I was the crazy short girl in pigtails and short black dress and leggings

IF YOU READ THIS PM ME MYSTERY MAN

oh yeah and there was another guy that always wore a poofy black hat-ish thing to the raves...you were pretty cool too, hit me up

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: justkitteh on May 27, 2008, 06:44:39 PM

Oh hey.. you were the guy cosplaying Luffy friday morning, weren't you? XD;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

justkitteh

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on May 27, 2008, 08:12:10 PM

Oh hey.. you were the guy cosplaying Luffy friday morning, weren't you? XD;
Haha, no sorry. I just wore my regular, extraordinary, clothing for the whole con. I had a huge boombox though, like, an amazingly beautiful one. I'll edit in another picture of me where you can better see my face.

And another picture of me with my boombox which was KIA Friday night.

Anonymous

Quote from: Anonymous on May 27, 2008, 12:56:50 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UAs6M6DcELc

At 2:30, I am the Anon that brought you into the dance, and I'd love to see you again.  You happened to be cosplaying Yoko from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan.

Don't worry, I'll let you see what's under the mask before you see me if you contact me :)

AIM: BoogalooXenuSF
Email: [email protected]

A PM through here would be greatly appreciated and if anyone else here can assist me in putting her in contact with me through the means above, I'd be extremely grateful.

Bumping for great justice.  I really want to find her.
-Anonymous

lyricaldanichan

Your badge should have been pulled for playing that horrid music outside of the Hilton
elevators. LOL

Miss Genesis

lookin for Lestat and the whole troupe of American Revolution soldiers! :D
Finding me is useless without the warrent, Loves. <3