POST-CON DEPRESSION..

Started by red_thestrals, May 27, 2008, 12:07:29 AM

red_thestrals

im feeling it  now... where are all the cosplayers?!!!! where's the fun atmosphere?!!! nooooooooooo.... :(

Sunara Ishi

Yeah. It ended way too fast. D:

It is weird to end with so much energy and excitement when monday is normally just the down day.
It felt like the con could keep going for a few more days.
Lol. What if con was a week? XD; Besides being expensive for rooms...

I am still wanting to take pictures of more cosplayers.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Ad0rkableWhteMage

Seriously! I'm not ready to go back normal life again. Going to Fanime for the past couple of days made it like a second home...

Time to wake up to reality. =_=

billgoku

Yeah, its a bad feeling indeed. Even though I only spent 4 days with my friends in the hotel room. I'm too used to them being there all the time, too used to the hotel room itself..and yes far too used to the aura that the convention hall and dealers room give off....but those memories we made will always be with us, and next year will be around before any of us even notice it.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

heeroyuy135

It's like jetlag for cons - conlag :(
I'm seriously still on contime, so I do hope I don't go to sleep at 3:30 in the morning tonight...
But yeah, it ended way too quickly, but '08 was epic!

Rainbow Ichi

I miss the con already T^T no more late night arcade and anime videos, and all the things you wanted to buy.....
not to mention the karaoke ;_; *sings heart out*
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

Silent One

I'm seriously sad too. Remember the guy with Melty Blood on his laptop playing in the hallway? Well, that was me. I was having a lot of fun playing with new players. Now, I'm sad because I have to play with my friends again. It won't be fun as challenging someone you haven't fought before. Plus the gaming was good, with the exception of no PC gaming. I'm so depressed right now. Fanime ending too fast...  :(

P.S. Look for a Shiki Tohno from Melty Blood next year. (I'm gonna cosplay him.)

asiagal2

I see I'm not the only one feeling it came and it gone so fast.  Where did all the time go?  I can't believe 4 days has passed.  I was sad once the closing ceremony was coming up.  Many of the cosplayers gone home and smaller crowd.  Viewer room after viewer room closed down and last but not least, the artist alley. 

I can't believe how time flew.  I wish there was more time to meet and greet people and enjoy the con more.   Well, another year to go but in the meantime, we can attend the local anime clubs.  Has many attended No Name Anime?  I have yet to attend.

Quote from: red_thestrals on May 27, 2008, 12:07:29 AM
im it feeling right now... where are all the cosplayers?!!!! where's the fun atmosphere?!!! nooooooooooo.... :(

Raydere

Like I said in the feedback thread, convention center packed with 10,000+ nerds...I will miss that.

It's going to take a little while to readjust to hanging out at places where maybe 1 out of every 10-15 people you see is into anime.

It doesn't help that some of the friends I make at Fanime aren't from around here.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Saint-Vegas

My brain had shorted out well into 4:00am Monday morning.

PSN: Saint-Vegas | MSN: [email protected]
Fanime 2008: Persona 3's Junpei Iori.

Hylia

I had a really great time this year.. I flew from Greece a few months earlier to make it!
.. And to hit anime expo.
BUT NONETHELESS..
It was awesome. Aaaaaaaand now its back to work T__T..
The thing that really gets to me was that I never got to really talk to this girl I met.
Kept wondering if I'd see her around after the first time, but I never did ;(
It first started off as a joke in the group when we were just hanging out- "MAAAAAAAAAAAN. Lets go find Tifa!" "MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. Where's Tifa?"
She was NOWHERE.

Later I found out she thought I was cute (UNLESS TAYLOR WAS !@#$ING WITH ME. Hi Taylor!)
And her name is Alex.
Which is a hot name.
Because its mine too.

Anyway, hows everyone else's bitter taste of reality? ;D
NO SIGNATURE OH SHIT
(Arigato)Alex

brie

I miss everyone. ):
I stayed up until 2am (thinking, rave time? D: ) and remembered that I had tests today and finals in 2 weeks... joy. <_<

kyochan

OMG im back to work! T__T  let's see....8:30am, I should either be up walking the halls, playing some games in the arcade, watching something from the video rooms, chatting with friends, grabbing a frap the from the 24hr starbucks (yay!), or getting another hour or two of sleep before getting up for a cosplay gathering.

My greatest memories were when I hung out with friends again. I mean, wow, it was weird how much fun we had.... chatting into the night, playing uno, making fun of everyone....sorry dean, but it was all in good fun! I miss you guys...um, even though I'll be seeing some of you again this friday >_>. GOOD TIMES! ahh!
Mah dead branches will pwn joo! >=D<br /> - Kyochan

RiotKitty

This year was the first year out of many that I went to all four days of the convention. It was a lot of fun, yet very draining. Maybe I was cranky to some people. Sorry about that!!! 

When I got home Monday I took a four hour nap. I was kind of bummed when I woke up. I listened some FFVII themes and started uploading pics from the con. I'll share them with you all soon! :)
Nyo!

Glitch

I havn't felt this bad of PCD in years.
This con went way too fast. Then again it is true that flies when your having fun.
And yes as G.S. said, 10,000+ nerds. Nothing like going into a room of people and thinking the exact same thing when you see a funny image on screen.
I'm still not ready to go back to the "real" world.

anomaly

I'm such a pussy....I dropped a few tears when I sat down in my car...that was the beginning of my post-con depression.

I didn't even do what everyone else did, as I worked ConOps for a bit over 30 hours....so I didn't make to many friends, but those that I did...:( I R Sad now.

I wish I could have met some more people :(..I wish I could have spent more time awake and laughing and smiling...

I wish I could have seen more smiles, felt more warmth...Well, theres only one thing to do.

Time to start working on next years cosplay...

"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

--------------------------------------------------
Fanime 2008 ConOps

Hylia

Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on May 27, 2008, 01:36:47 AM
It doesn't help that some of the friends I make at Fanime aren't from around here.

All the friends I met are a good 45 minutes away ;/
NO SIGNATURE OH SHIT
(Arigato)Alex

anomaly

Quote from: Hylia on May 27, 2008, 11:04:36 AM
Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on May 27, 2008, 01:36:47 AM

All the friends I met are a good 45 minutes away ;/

While that is true, keep in mind that you and they and many others, all traveled that distance and greater to meet at the con.  With that in mind, is 45 minutes or even 45 hours really that much to stop you from seeing them at some point?

Money, transportation, and time are all things I know people struggle with, but where theres a will, theres a way, and while this massive runon sentence continues to blow my mind, I am currently in the process of working out some sort of get together in the near future.  Probably in SJ or SF, or somewhere.

I'll keep everyone posted.

and if anyone has any awesome pictures, please send them to me if possible.  Drew.krausen at gmail dot com

I'm making something and well, I need everyones help.
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

--------------------------------------------------
Fanime 2008 ConOps

Hylia

Oh, hell yeah. I'll be paying them a visit at some point~
I still have to get even with them at Super Smash Brothers Brawl >;D
NO SIGNATURE OH SHIT
(Arigato)Alex

nf33

well for me doring the day it was ok. i had fun at night as i was volintering and the staff i was working with was awsome. i think the bess was sunday night where we got a beach ball and where trying to keep if  off the ground out side vedio rooms (1 and 2 i think not sure though) it was very fun