POST-CON DEPRESSION..

Started by red_thestrals, May 27, 2008, 12:07:29 AM

BobMakihara

Although I have attended fanime for 5 years, this is the first time that I was totally free to experience the con - from Thursday nite to Monday afternoon.  It ended way too soon, and returning to normal life is a real downer.  It would be cool if there were some place to go to keep this spirit alive, like a anime/gaming/cosplay nite club or something.  "A mini con every nite!" would be the slogan.  But i digress.  I had a wonderful time, made great friends, and look forward to fanime '09!! 
The Fanime Sax Guy.
Cosplays:
Bob Makihara from Tenjou Tenge (100%)
Kaoru Kaidoh from Prince of Tennis (100%)
Captain Jack Sparrow (95%)
Dee Jay from SFIV (95%)
Ren Jinguji from Uta no Prince-sama (100%)

anomaly

...minicon...

well, thats kind of what I have in mind.

...that and eventually, AMERICON!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Details in years to come..
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

--------------------------------------------------
Fanime 2008 ConOps

Hylia

Quote from: BobMakihara on May 27, 2008, 12:03:08 PM
It would be cool if there were some place to go to keep this spirit alive, like a anime/gaming/cosplay nite club or something.  "A mini con every nite!" would be the slogan.

HOPES AND DREAMS
;_;
NO SIGNATURE OH SHIT
(Arigato)Alex

RyuHayabusa

I just woke up, but yeah, it has hit me as well. I'll miss the atmosphere of the con and yeah, I can't believe it went by real fast. I have to go to work later on today and I'll be like pedro from excel saga: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Well, the year will go by fast and we will be at FanimeCon once again lol.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

anomaly

i've been at work since 8 am...and all i can think about is how I can get together with everyone once more
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

Fanime 2008 ConOps

SheikOfTwili

No more interesting pictochat =(!!

Bleh. I'm glad to see a PCD. I wasn't sure if everyone else felt the same way afterwards too. Hehe.

It's just....bleh, you come back from such a friendly place, where everyone accepts you and is soo nice..and fun.. to a place where no one knows you and doesn't try to know you. X___X

Anyway, I had an awesome time ...this being my first time to Fanime! I will definitely be coming back next year ><!!!!!! I think I will bring more friends too so they can experience this awesomeness as well!!

<3 :D

IshokuOsero

It was the first Con I went to, and I definitely have PCD. I woke up this morning wondering what panels I'd be going to today, only to open my eyes and see that the convention center indeed is not outside my bedroom window. Rats. Everything around here closes at nine... now I'm just going to be back to being online all night instead of doing fun stuff with tons of other nerds. Around here, I get weird looks if I'm just wearing platform boots. I miss not even sticking out in ears and a belled collar, so it'll take some getting used to being back to normal and ignoring comments from passers-by.

Even though mostly I had gone for An Cafe (seeing as I'm from the Chicagoland area), I'm thinking that I might want to go to Fanime next year also. According to my friend that came with, it was hella bigger and better than ACen will ever be. >.>

DJ_eclipse

As I was driving down in 280 north back to san francisco with my friends, it was pretty much depressing. talking about what happened this year, how much fun it was. my birthday was on sunday of fanime yes!! i pulled a all nighter sunday night and was working on the filming i was making for fanime. i slept 4 30 pm monday and finally just woke up now lolz.. 21 hours of sleep! and now still feel depressed about it's over, plus got to go to regular work..

rude32

Yes PCD is very depressing, especially when you get home and realize you still have your con badge on, or when you stop to get something to eat on the way home and they ask about it and your like "whoa I forgot I'm no longer at the con, so why am I still wearing my badge?" It's like it has become a part of you.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

VampireAlucard

I'm definitely feeling it. I was as soon as I went to the train station to go head back up where I live I was feeling it. I just wanted to stay at the con with my Cactuar holding a sign that said "Hug me, I grant wishes". I miss being able to wear that sign in public and not get any weird looks.

BrightHeart76

I've been home for 15 minutes...and all I want to do is get in my car, drive back to San Jose and sit infront of the convention center until it's time for fanime again!   :P

I had a total blast this year.  Thank you to everyone who stopped me and said "Hi"  you guys really made the convention special for me!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Hylia

Not even all that much "PCD" (that I just understood, lolz) here after I slept on it! Even before that, I was forced into going to a party; so things weren't that gloomy~
Just wish I could have gotten to know "Tifa" better ;D!
Never felt that way before o.o;

We all need to like, put our money together and buy out a little island.
And live there.
And stuff.
D;
NO SIGNATURE OH SHIT
(Arigato)Alex

anomaly

so um...I wanna have a fanime reunion.... :'( I miss everyone...

Fanime 2008 ConOps

EvilBunnyKid

Quote from: Hylia on May 27, 2008, 07:51:39 AM
I had a really great time this year.. I flew from Greece a few months earlier to make it!
.. And to hit anime expo.

I want to go to ANIME EXPO Too!!!   read the tiny print

AnimeEmperor

Honestly i'm not missing it that much. I mean I bought so much stuff, and my room already looks like the dealers room pretty much. Also I get to talk to all of you guys here every single day, and i'm actually sleeping.

.....of course I still wish it wasn't over though.

anomaly

Your definitely right, but I miss helping all of you with the con and being there to try and make everything go as smoothly as possible. >_< guess I'll just have to keep doing that through my other clients now,..,

Sux though cause I don't have totoro sitting behind me to back me up.....yet...

Fanime 2008 ConOps

tomatoes

UGGGH, tell me about it. When we were driving back from Fanime, heading back on the free way, it hit me. And it was soooo depressing..
Everything...everything just looked so...normal. The monotone buildings, cloudy skies, normally dressed people walking down the street...D8.

I MISS FANIME SO MUCH! The energy! The people! The randomness! This year was really good!

Now I'm back at school, back to reality, and it's so incredibly lame  :'(.

Also, I'm incredibly sleepy, I was so absent minded and fell asleep so many times during class XD.

Is it just me or does Fanime feel like..AGES AGO? It was just yesterday Q_Q

Nosferatu

It hit me pretty hard last night, when I realized that there was no rave to be at until 4AM, and no friends left to giggle with until dawn. I actually had to get up and go to work today... and no one at work really "gets" the whole con thing, so I can't explode at them about it. Gotta keep it bottled up for another year.

Anyone going to AX or Sacanime this year? I'll be at Sacanime for sure, and still thinking about AX.
Fanime 2014: Mass Effect fem!Shep still incomplete. No cosplay this year.

anomaly

Ill be hitting Sacanime I believe, considering its only about 25 to 35 minutes from me anyways.

I just hate laying down in my bed at night alone, no sounds, and knowing that I can't just walk back to the con to say hi to someone with an encouraging heart filled hug.

Fanime 2008 ConOps

Kaura117

PCD can be dealt with. Summer's almost here, folks, and even if you can't scrounge up the money for another con quicklike (I was planning to go to AX this year, but my budget is screaming otherwise right now), you can at least organize local meetups via these forums. There are movie openings, arcades, local anime clubs, LAN establishments, ect ect ect. Instead of wallowing in PCD, do something about it.

What, me? What am I doing about it? I'm trudging through finals, thanks all the same. >_> And working. But, really. NorCal Bay Area folks- FREAKING "THE FALL." IT HAS CHARLES DARWIN AS ONE OF ITS LEADS! MUST. SEE.