POST-CON DEPRESSION..

Started by red_thestrals, May 27, 2008, 12:07:29 AM

chikhra

;^; much sadness

This was my first real anime-only con, I've been to Comicon a bunch of times, but it's nowhere near as fun or as personal and colorful as Fanime is. Darn american comic book nerds stay in their caves all year, paling and paling, and come to dilude the anime crowd there :<

I regret a LOT, like missing all of the dance lessons, not getting to see any panels or any of the masquerade @x@, not getting some of the swag I wanted to (I didn't have my wallet with me for the one me-mahself-and-I shopping time I had! Sorry to everyone in the artists alley I ended up rainchecking!), not getting to be there for Friday, and not spending more time on my costumes (all three were about two weeks in the making, stupid finals).  Also wish I'd taken more pictures, and given/gotten moar free hugs. GYUAGH! It all went by so fast!!!

I did, however, get to doing the most important thing. Got to finally meet my online luff after about a year of a long-distance relationship and an even longer online friendship :). Fanime is an AWESOME atomosphere to spend time like that in, we shared pocky over the buzz of the dealers hall x3

Gyurhg. Need a mental health day. Or something to get rid of this downer. Virtual hugs to everyone here *HUUUUG*

By the way. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS make time to change out of costume before your flight. ;^; I didn't have time and ended up having to go through airport security in my Temari outfit. Or lack of it. D: It sucked, had to send most of it through the x-ray (including the wig D8, and the fan, which they bent!) and stand there rather awkwardly in a tanktop and shorts with my hair looking like a birdsnest of bobbypins. Not fun (for me at least :P)

Well, it's only about 350 days until Fanime again. Hope to see you then!

PS: anyone else going to Comicon? WE NEED MORE ANIME TO FIGHT THOSE DC COMIC-GOERS DARNIT!

Miyu_Mya

Fanime was home. It was probably home for others as well.
Somewhere you can be YOU.
At Fanime, we were accepted for the way we dress and the anime we loved.
"Nothing beautiful lasts forever."

Moonblossom

I'm sitting in the airport heading home, and I'm trying so hard not to bawl. For me it's more than just Fanime itself, my best friend lives several thousand miles away and I usually see him only at cons. Saying goodbye was so hard this morning...

Raydere

Quote from: chikhra on May 27, 2008, 05:50:20 PMPS: anyone else going to Comicon? WE NEED MORE ANIME TO FIGHT THOSE DC COMIC-GOERS DARNIT!
I might go to Comic Con, assuming I can get crash space and be able to afford that along with a badge.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Silent One on May 27, 2008, 12:34:07 AM
I'm seriously sad too. Remember the guy with Melty Blood on his laptop playing in the hallway? Well, that was me. I was having a lot of fun playing with new players. Now, I'm sad because I have to play with my friends again. It won't be fun as challenging someone you haven't fought before. Plus the gaming was good, with the exception of no PC gaming. I'm so depressed right now. Fanime ending too fast...  :(

P.S. Look for a Shiki Tohno from Melty Blood next year. (I'm gonna cosplay him.)
If you haven't already, join this forum. Its where us Melty Blood fans go hang out and plan local and non-local tourneys.

Let me know which day, I'll cosplay my Ren that day if I can.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

kollunz

This was my first anime convention EVAR! I'm really proud to say that I had a amazing time. My otaku levels truly went over 9000.

I do regret that I didn't get to do everything that fanime had to offer this year, I was mostly with my friends at the dealer's room and the gaming room. Allthough I did attend the masquerade and the An Cafe concert. The masq was alright, some of the skits really really well done, and I'm not even going to comment on how many times I've seen the haruhi ending theme dance... The An Cafe concert rocked my pants. I've always listened to Antic Cafe on and off, but seeing them live nearly made me cry T_T. It was just too epic for me...

CANT WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!
doot

SukieNeko

This was my third Fanime, but also my best. I had such a great time. I competed both in the karaoke contest and masquerade for the first time. I hung out with a lot of friends, met a lot of people. And best of all I met Gainax and got Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's signature. That was so incredibly special to me. I will never forget this year's Fanime. Another great thing about it was I felt like my confidence was increased so much. I'm usually pretty shy and have stage fright, but I was able to start conversations with many people at the con that I had never met before (everyone is so nice!) and my stage fright was nearly gone at the contests. I am lucky that I have prom to look forward to next Saturday or I might feel a bit depressed, but overall this year was an extremely satisfying experience.

Roguethe

Seriously, I had so much fun at Fanime. It really was too short...
Tuesday was such a smack in the face of reality, I slept right through my T.A. office period. And 6th period.
It shouldn't be over already! DX

I draw sometimessss

crazychichi

I started getting symptoms of P-CD when it was only Saturday   :'(

So sad, I was begging for everything NOT to end!
Fanime Safety on Site 2008
Fanime Rovers 2007

anomaly

Seriously, I think I need to stop reading this thread.  I get all distraught everytime knowing that everyone feels just as crappy as I do.

.sigh. I'm gonna go to walmart and get some sushi now.
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

--------------------------------------------------
Fanime 2008 ConOps

sykoeent

Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on May 27, 2008, 06:15:04 PM
Quote from: chikhra on May 27, 2008, 05:50:20 PMPS: anyone else going to Comicon? WE NEED MORE ANIME TO FIGHT THOSE DC COMIC-GOERS DARNIT!
I might go to Comic Con, assuming I can get crash space and be able to afford that along with a badge.
I'll be at Comic-Con and Anime-Expo! Yeah, the badges are way expensive, but I think this needs to happen to calm down the large crowds right now. A-X is gonna be weird this year, over at the LA convention Center... as I stated in other forums, I don't think this is a safe or smart idea.
This was my first time at Fanime, though, and I highly enjoyed it!

Hylia

When I think of Anime Expo, I think of a totally different; more unfriendly of an environment.
And lots, and LOTS of people..
But I'll still be going! Because a con, is a con ;D!

SacAnime looks like a good excuse to party too!
SacCon is too soon, and I'm sooooo broke ;(
NO SIGNATURE OH SHIT
(Arigato)Alex

Miss Genesis

this was my first Fanime, and I had a lovely time. :)
I'll definately be coming back next year, mes amis.
Finding me is useless without the warrent, Loves. <3

kollunz

Quote from: anomaly on May 28, 2008, 01:34:11 PM
Seriously, I think I need to stop reading this thread.  I get all distraught everytime knowing that everyone feels just as crappy as I do.

sushi at walmart? now THAT'S depressing!
doot

anomaly

Quote from: kollunz on May 28, 2008, 02:41:45 PM
Quote from: anomaly on May 28, 2008, 01:34:11 PM

sushi at walmart? now THAT'S depressing!

>_< honestly though, I know the sushi chef there and he makes it fresh for me when I come in, so its really not bad.

but yea....I miss you all allot  :'(
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

Fanime 2008 ConOps

lyricaldanichan

I am glad I took yesterday off from work, I pretty much stayed in bed the whole time. Did anybody get that 12 monkeys virus that was spreading around on Sunday/Monday? My poor brother and husband got it :( .

zoupzuop2

I... don't have PCD, oddly enough. Then again, this year wasn't as good as last year for me. I mean, it wasn't BAD but it wasn't as GREAT as '07 was for me.

Oh well.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

VampireAlucard

Quote from: Nosferatu on May 27, 2008, 03:58:23 PM
It hit me pretty hard last night, when I realized that there was no rave to be at until 4AM, and no friends left to giggle with until dawn. I actually had to get up and go to work today... and no one at work really "gets" the whole con thing, so I can't explode at them about it. Gotta keep it bottled up for another year.

Anyone going to AX or Sacanime this year? I'll be at Sacanime for sure, and still thinking about AX.

I'll be at Sacanime for sure on the Saturday. There's no way I won't be there, especially with Crispin Freeman being there. Plus it's only about 2 hours away. I would love to go to AX but I dunno if that one will happen.

anomaly

so should we all meet up somewhere before and/or during sacanime?  It would be nice to actually set something in stone so we (*cough* I *cough) can meet everyone and reminisce >_<

Fanime 2008 ConOps

Raydere

I am not going to SacAnime this summer because it's being held August 29-31 and I start school on August 25.

Maybe for January 2009?
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2