POST-CON DEPRESSION..

Started by red_thestrals, May 27, 2008, 12:07:29 AM

K&K4ever

Dude, I'm going to Comic-con this year
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

OniCourseMusha

Fuck....
I need another gathering and deal wit our con depression....
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

anomaly

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on June 04, 2008, 10:36:11 PM
Fuck....

come to vacaville tomorrow or sac on friday
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

--------------------------------------------------
Fanime 2008 ConOps

sykoeent

Quote from: anomaly on June 03, 2008, 10:38:08 AM
Quote from: sykoeent on June 03, 2008, 07:41:07 AM
Quote from: narutofan17 on June 02, 2008, 02:06:43 AM
Name the spot and I'll bring my cosplay. XD
Places to cosplay at:
1. Little Tokyo in Downtown LA. Why? Cos I sometimes see people doing it there.
2. Disneyland. Why? I actually see some people with Naruto Headbands walking around. Plus, if you go to California Adventure, there is this area where you can run around on rope bridges and stuff!
3. Around Comic-Con during Comic-Con. Why? I know it's expensive and all the hotels are sold out, but if you want to cosplay, you can do it here, around the con, at the outdoor mall, by the fountains, etc. There are lots of places and you don't even need a ticket!

DOWN WITH COMIC-CON!!!

sorry I'm still bitter...

But ya know, my PCD is starting to fade because I'm currently looking into a venues to host "minicon" ^_^

I'm thinking of looking for somewhere between sac, SJ, and SF, so if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to let me know.  I'll get a site together with some ideas in the coming days..I'll keep you all posted
Still bitter with comic con? How can that be?!?!?! SAD DAYS!!!! hehehehehe
I understand. I heard that a lot of people weren't allowed in, which sucks. But yeah. It grew really fast since I first started going. It's still the con I have to go to though, cos a lot of my friends go to that one, it brings all the industries together. But yeah.
But still, I would love to see Fanime grow larger, specifically in the Artist Alley area. This is by far, from what I've seen, its strong point, probably the best set up for artist alley. Comic-Con is meh cos it's mostly people already in the industry and it's usually stuff you've already seen... or they aren't even at their table... and AX's artist alley last year was a mess.... Bad layout. But yeah.

sykoeent

anomaly

Quote from: sykoeent on June 04, 2008, 10:55:13 PM
Quote from: anomaly on June 03, 2008, 10:38:08 AM
Quote from: sykoeent on June 03, 2008, 07:41:07 AM
Quote from: narutofan17 on June 02, 2008, 02:06:43 AM
Name the spot and I'll bring my cosplay. XD
Places to cosplay at:
1. Little Tokyo in Downtown LA. Why? Cos I sometimes see people doing it there.
2. Disneyland. Why? I actually see some people with Naruto Headbands walking around. Plus, if you go to California Adventure, there is this area where you can run around on rope bridges and stuff!
3. Around Comic-Con during Comic-Con. Why? I know it's expensive and all the hotels are sold out, but if you want to cosplay, you can do it here, around the con, at the outdoor mall, by the fountains, etc. There are lots of places and you don't even need a ticket!

DOWN WITH COMIC-CON!!!

sorry I'm still bitter...

But ya know, my PCD is starting to fade because I'm currently looking into a venues to host "minicon" ^_^

I'm thinking of looking for somewhere between sac, SJ, and SF, so if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to let me know.  I'll get a site together with some ideas in the coming days..I'll keep you all posted
Still bitter with comic con? How can that be?!?!?! SAD DAYS!!!! hehehehehe
I understand. I heard that a lot of people weren't allowed in, which sucks. But yeah. It grew really fast since I first started going. It's still the con I have to go to though, cos a lot of my friends go to that one, it brings all the industries together. But yeah.
But still, I would love to see Fanime grow larger, specifically in the Artist Alley area. This is by far, from what I've seen, its strong point, probably the best set up for artist alley. Comic-Con is meh cos it's mostly people already in the industry and it's usually stuff you've already seen... or they aren't even at their table... and AX's artist alley last year was a mess.... Bad layout. But yeah.

mmm im not for comic-con because of some of the people that will be there
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

Fanime 2008 ConOps

heeroyuy135

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: anomaly on June 04, 2008, 10:38:54 PM
Fuck....

If I can get a ride up there.
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

anomaly

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on June 05, 2008, 12:45:46 AM
Fuck....

um...what about BART?

whatever the fuck that is.

Fanime 2008 ConOps

Shinsengumi

You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: anomaly on June 05, 2008, 12:49:20 AM
Fuck....

Sorry saving my money for future stuff than traveling.  Bit tight on money right now.
um...what about BART?

Kraken Con Staff

Erin

Quote from: anomaly on June 05, 2008, 12:49:20 AM
Fuck....

um...what about BART?

bart only really hits the east bay and sf.  he'd probably have to amtrak there ;p
Erin
Fan Services Co-Second

Neko Eclair

I was crying when I left. Fanime just seemed like another world, one I belonged in. Where you ate all your favorite foods, met all your favorite fictional characters, and had fun. Where people don't look at you weirdly when you Caramelldansen, and even join in. Where you can recieve hugs and kind words for no reason. It made me so upset to leave, especially since my mom was angry because I didn't study over the weekend and flunked my science test. :P But now I know this world exists, and every year, we can all spend it together, like a happy dream. 'kay, I'm done being mushy and cliche.
WITH MY DYING WILL!!!

Death_Note_Matt

Oh God I was crying when I left, I didnt want to depart with AN CAFE T^T and on the way home I almost got hit  by a car when I got out to fix the luggage on top of the our car @_@ Thank god for my Naruto Reflexes ¬____¬ anyways.......
I am going to Sac anime and I am getting ready for Yaoi Con XD
Its gotta be good right the Yaoi con that is ^3^
Yeay and well its that time of year to get ready for next years cosplay can anyone say Gannon Dorf XD LOLz I am planning to improve my dark Link and Bridget cosplay XD
so yeah There is a load of things that is going down for me and my Grunty for next year..We thinking of trying to get to the cosplay summit XD  to compete to repersent USA at the world Cosplay summit in Japan XD So wish me luck guys XDDDD
Another Player has Entered the Game

Jerry

I'm one of those lucky few that has the ability to travel and check out other Cons....

Comic Con this week, Ani-Jam next week.

Birthday & Labor Gatherings in August.

Yaoi Con & Sac Con in September...

Halloween/Cosplay gatherings in October

Ren Faire in November

End of year/Xmas board gatherings in December.

Always something to do.

We SHOULD have a board Calendar to post stuff that way theres always something to do year round and of course Dont Forget Fanime every May.  ;)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

heeroyuy135

Every time I play WMMT3, I always remember that I started my WMMT "career" at Fanime '07, on a WMMT2 machine. :(

Kazuko

I think if you still have post-con depression maybe its REAL depression, check yo self foos!

anyway sure fanime was sad but it didnt hit me, it only hits like your first two times or so but after that you get used to it.

Unless you have friends like I do that live far away *retardo heart to jun and mikey*

Shinsengumi

I'm cool right now I still have Yaoi con to go and maybe the a Halloween gathering, and of course the early X-Mas gathering.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Glitch

Fanime is as fun as you make it. The more fun, the harder to let go. And this year was very hard to let go. ^^;
I never want to get used to going to fanime as if it's some annual chore. Then it ceases to exist for me.