B&W Ball complaint

Started by MissNintendo, May 27, 2008, 07:33:36 AM

MissNintendo

I'm really not sure where I can post this to make sure someone of importance reads this. But here it goes.

My friends and I attended the black and white ball this year, I was the Belle,my boyfriend the beast, and we came with 2 girls (1 in a pink sari and other in a black and white dress) and 2 X-men.

After sometime in the ball we decieded to do a conga line with eachother and it unexpectintly turned huge. Apperently this was a safety issue of some kind that we were unaware of, and then staff came to break it up.

The staff member that broke us up was a little too pyshical insteed of telling us to break it up she litterly pulled us apart with force. and when she grabed me she pulled me by my dress. ripping it severly. Since it was dark I could not see the damage untill the next morning in the hotel room. Long past going back there to complain.

The staff memeber in question was blonde and had her hair up I believe, and my friend believes she may have been wearing red but we are not sure.

Aside from this we had a great time at the Ball and at Fanime this weekend. I'm just upset that a cosplay that i have spent well over 100 hours was ruined in a matter of seconds by a staff member.

(If someone knows who or where else I can send this, please let me know.)
Cosplays I'm wearing for Fanime 08:
Belle-Disney's Beauty and the Beast
Rinoa-FFVIII(Dion Roger's version)
Kasumi-Dead or Alive
Princess Peach-Mario Bros. Series
Lara Croft-Tomb Radier

Hylia

I think I know who you're talking about!
Probably the same one who GRABBED me any my buddies by the shirt and pushed us in the direction of the back of the line at the Masquerade.
Yeah..
We just wanted to see the line..
WE JUST WANTED TO SEE THE LIIIIIIIINE ;_____;
NO SIGNATURE OH SHIT
(Arigato)Alex

M

This thread has been forwarded to the appropriate parties.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

RiotKitty

Oh my gosh.. Sorry to hear about your costume. I would be furious............

I was going to attend the dance as well, but I was restricted from going inside because I had an unopened package of pocky in my purse.
There was absolutely no food allowed on the dance floor I guess. Not that I was going to eat it. It wasn't like it was a plate of Nachos with everything on it.. I just boycotted the dance all together.
Nyo!

Hylia

Quote from: RiotKitty on May 27, 2008, 10:07:47 AM
Oh my gosh.. Sorry to hear about your costume. I would be furious............

I was going to attend the dance as well, but I was restricted from going inside because I had an unopened package of pocky in my purse.
There was absolutely no food allowed on the dance floor I guess. Not that I was going to eat it. It wasn't like it was a plate of Nachos with everything on it.. I just boycotted the dance all together.

Pocky is clearly a threat!
Next time, they should just strip us of our clothes and get it over with.
NO SIGNATURE OH SHIT
(Arigato)Alex

SheikOfTwili

I had nothing nice to wear...so I didn't go, but that's just horrible what happened to your dress. ><

They shouldn't be physical in the first place unless someone like refuses to listen. :-\

rude32

Sorry to hear about everyones experience with the nazi staff member. I had a great time at the dance, especially people who taught me the dances either in the line to get in, or at the actual dance since I missed the classes due to a flat tire on the way back from lunch on Sunday.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Mango Bunny

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that. If it was me it would be discouraging to spend that much time on a cosplay again. @_@ I saw you before that though, and it looked nice ;_;

Devi 1313

I was pretty ticked that they didn't extend the time like they said they would. We didn't get down there until about 9 (roomies took too long to get dressed, I was ready at 7:30) and the line was so long it took 45 minutes to get in. They had said they'd extend it to like 10:30 so we'd all get more time to dance and they never did! It's nice that they had it in a bigger room this year but we never had any of these problems last year.
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

OniCourseMusha

I'm very sorry to hear plus it was a beautiful cosplay.  I really enjoyed the dance expect later at the dance I've been asked to remove my "brain age" sign?  Thats my cosplay plus I did fine wearing that.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

M

Quote from: Hylia on May 27, 2008, 11:33:21 AMPocky is clearly a threat!
Regardless of in said food item is a threat, there was no food allowed in any of the dance areas.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Hylia

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on May 27, 2008, 04:00:14 PM
I'm very sorry to hear plus it was a beautiful cosplay.  I really enjoyed the dance expect later at the dance I've been asked to remove my "brain age" sign?  Thats my cosplay plus I did fine wearing that.

I saw you!

Quote from: MPLe on May 27, 2008, 05:06:34 PM
Quote from: Hylia on May 27, 2008, 11:33:21 AMPocky is clearly a threat!
Regardless of in said food item is a threat, there was no food allowed in any of the dance areas.

I know ;(
NO SIGNATURE OH SHIT
(Arigato)Alex

Mister_E

The only thing I could say that it was HOT in there.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

chikhra

Oh wow, that's horrible! Sorry to hear that your costume was ruined, what a downer :(
I noticed that the B&W staff were a little.... disgruntled....

One other thing was the lack of planning for more people, I feel bad for everyone who ended up missing chunks of the dance because they had to wait in line.

Also, sucks that if you needed to use the restroom, you had to go to the very BACK of said line. Ditched early to go to a nice dinner cause my poor moms couldn't hold it anymore and there was NO WAY we were waiting in line for another 40 minutes. Please try getting a bigger room next year, or working out something better for the restrooms.

Other than that the ball was really nice, I just felt pretty stupid for not having taken the lessons @,@

Zog

Hey guys, I'm Zog, the SOS guy who was head of the line at the B&W- Not the tall blonde guy, the slightly shorter, much much better looking guy in the vest who went up and down the line telling everyone that he was trying his damndest to get everyone into that tiny little room to have a good time.

Remember me?  (...I hope I'm not one of the 'disgruntled' guys, I know I was having a blast)

So, first and foremost- Belle (Miss Nintendo) , I am personally totally and completely sorry for what happened to your magnificent dress, I saw you in line and thought you looked amazing, and when I saw you the next day in the elevator at the Marriott I said as much, and darling, as soon as I know who ruined your dress, horrible things are going to happen to them, come hell or high water.  That kind of behavior from any staffer, whether they be newbie volunteer or seasoned veteran is completely unacceptable, and I will personally see to it that whoever it was -burns- for that.

After working this Black and White, as well as Last year's Black and White (if you were there, remember that guy at the door having his own party in the hallway asking for badges?  That's me), I actually have a couple of things to say about the size of the room and the length of the line.  From being inside the room they used this year as well as the room they used last year (this year it was used as what, the Karaoke room?) I can say confidently that this room was easily twice as big, if not moreso.  Whoever put this thing together at Extravaganzas really -did- think ahead and plan a much bigger room.

The only problem was they didn't figure on like 300 THOUSAND people showing up for the party, especially during the An Cafe shindig across the street- not their fault, no not at all.  All we can ask of them is that they take this year's findings, log em in a report somewhere, and then book the entirety of the Civic auditorium with a full Orchestra and Chorale for next year, because it's gonna be CRAZY.

And I'm gonna be on the line for it, having a party and asking for badges.  Hope to see you guys there!
"He who stands with me shall be my brother..."

"I AM THE VIKING KING!!! KNEEL BEFORE ME AND WORSHI- hey kitties!"

justkitteh

OMG was this like, a slightly over weight woman in a red shirt? Jesus! She freaking came out and searched us (illegally), detained us (illegally), broke into my humidor (expensive box with a lock) ruining it, and stole all the money for my hotel room and gas! Now... I admit, we DID have a bottle of alcohol, but it was in a bag, and no one was drinking it, like the VP of con staff told us to. Seriously... She even tried to claim I wanted to get drunk and drive simply because I OWNED a car.

She tried to act like I was doing the same stuff last year, said she recognized my jacket (which is brand new and part of the winter line, so it didn't EXIST last year). This is freaking retarded, I know Fanime is hard to put together, and has no corporate backing like Expo... but Fanime, you owe it to us to not have staff that is going to abuse their power like this. I lost upward of $1,000 to that crazy woman between cash and the broken humidor.

MissNintendo

Quote from: Zog on May 27, 2008, 06:34:36 PM
So, first and foremost- Belle (Miss Nintendo) , I am personally totally and completely sorry for what happened to your magnificent dress, I saw you in line and thought you looked amazing, and when I saw you the next day in the elevator at the Marriott I said as much, and darling, as soon as I know who ruined your dress, horrible things are going to happen to them, come hell or high water.  That kind of behavior from any staffer, whether they be newbie volunteer or seasoned veteran is completely unacceptable, and I will personally see to it that whoever it was -burns- for that.

Oh my god, thank you so much.
Cosplays I'm wearing for Fanime 08:
Belle-Disney's Beauty and the Beast
Rinoa-FFVIII(Dion Roger's version)
Kasumi-Dead or Alive
Princess Peach-Mario Bros. Series
Lara Croft-Tomb Radier

Steve.Young

The ball should be in a bigger place next year, as it is a security concern and I've already talked to the HR people about it =P.

They are thinking about it...hopefully it goes through.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Zee

Oh no!  I saw you at the ball and meant to compliment you on your dress, but ended up missing you.  I'm so sorry some crazy staffer ruined it!  It was absolutely magnificent! :(

deonchan

Does anyone have a photo of the woman in red or did they happen to catch her department or badge name? This is the fourth thread with an issue regarding this person and I would like to take care of this as best I could.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div