B&W Ball complaint

Started by MissNintendo, May 27, 2008, 07:33:36 AM

Steve.Young

Quote from: deonchan on May 28, 2008, 02:02:14 PM
Does anyone have a photo of the woman in red or did they happen to catch her department or badge name? This is the fourth thread with an issue regarding this person and I would like to take care of this as best I could.

No one who has PM'd me has been able to get a name or badge number/staff department sadly.

Damn these sneaky staff people who we don't know about!
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Eri Kagami

I'm gonna put in my two cents how I think this BW Ball issue can be solved only because it really worked at Anime Central.

Anime Central has pre-sale tickets for their "Masquerade Charity Ball." The ticket sales go to charity and cover any cost for the hotel useage and beverages. We were able to get water after those fast paced songs! The ones that pay usually care about dressing in their best and it would weed out any, for lack of a better term, goofballs.

The pre-sale ticket for ACen's event were $10. $20 at the door. $25 for non-ACen attendees. Even Industry and Press had to pay for their own ticket. Not that we didn't mind since this was all for a good cause.

Yes, the floor needs to be bigger. I've done professional dancesport and that floor space was not enough. I'd like to have more waltzes and slower songs. While this was one of the better ballroom dances at conventions I've been too, I'd still like this event to reach it's full potential. I will say that all the anime con ballroom dances I went to blew all my high school formal dances out of the water in terms of music.

Just an idea. ^.~

If anyone is coming to Anime Expo, my partner and I teach at their ballroom classes.

Zog

Selling tickets for the Ball?

You know what would be cool?  If they did that, and used some of the proceeds for catering for the event too.  That would be cool.  And have tables and a lounge and such, with water and stuff inside to keep out the ::ahem:: riffraff.

And a disco ball.

Just throwing that in there. 
"He who stands with me shall be my brother..."

"I AM THE VIKING KING!!! KNEEL BEFORE ME AND WORSHI- hey kitties!"

spinny

is it possible to hold the BW ball _in_ the civic center? just... clear out the chairs and all? that seems like it'd be more space. and if anybody wanted to hold dance competitions or whatnot, hey, there are ready made seats along the sides to watch

also it already seems setup for sound at least... unless that's something the tech crews setup for masquerade, cafe, amvs...
~spinning...spinning!! wai wai!!~
*plug plug*Everlasting Wanderers - a Ragnarok Online comik*plug plug*

jemz

Quote from: spinny on May 28, 2008, 04:39:58 PM
is it possible to hold the BW ball _in_ the civic center? just... clear out the chairs and all? that seems like it'd be more space. and if anybody wanted to hold dance competitions or whatnot, hey, there are ready made seats along the sides to watch

also it already seems setup for sound at least... unless that's something the tech crews setup for masquerade, cafe, amvs...

We'll look into that as a possible venue but with MusicFest and the Cosplay held in the Civic from Friday evening through Sunday night, I don't know if it is feasible. But we'll definitely talk about that possibility when I sit down with my dept heads and the other Programming divisions.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Steve.Young

Quote from: Zog on May 28, 2008, 04:37:56 PM
Selling tickets for the Ball?

You know what would be cool?  If they did that, and used some of the proceeds for catering for the event too.  That would be cool.  And have tables and a lounge and such, with water and stuff inside to keep out the ::ahem:: riffraff.

And a disco ball.

Just throwing that in there. 

YOU ARE MY HERO
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Dancing Lanza

awww that sucks for your dress =(
I don't have much complaint about the ball~ I had a Blast =D
only regret is I miss 2 hours of it cuz Antic cafe is at the same time =_=
WHYYYY >_________<
http://www.cosspace.com/DancingLanza
www.myspace.com/dancingL

I GOT A WEBCAM!! Hit me up on AIM if interested =D
or MSN~

Punkbuster

I vote for the disco ball too! I honestly felt really silly at the ball. My dress was pretty long and really swishy, and it felt too packed to be a 'Ball' since I was thinking something along the lines of prom and much more formal. I had the black beaded dress with the white floaty fabric and the shall, and I felt REALLY overdressed.

Omg, Zog you threw me off when you told me I looked wonderful and had the people clap for me. XD That was full of awesome. <3

IamTetsuo

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you MissNintendo!  I hope that this person gets properly reprimanded.

aarondirebear

I am the tall man with the white shirt named Aaron. I hope you had a good time dancing with me :)
To be honest it was my first time really dancing, and I wasn't sure if I did a good job.

Kegan_Flame

I heard they didnt let the Enchanted cosplayer in =( she was so beautiful and very formal!!

Jerry

Quote from: Kegan_Flame on May 30, 2008, 11:34:52 AM
I heard they didnt let the Enchanted cosplayer in =( she was so beautiful and very formal!!

When I saw her she had several people under her dress... i think thats probably why she could get in? she literally had a party going on under her dress.  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Steve.Young

Quote from: Jerry on May 30, 2008, 11:47:51 AM
Quote from: Kegan_Flame on May 30, 2008, 11:34:52 AM

When I saw her she had several people under her dress... i think thats probably why she could get in? she literally had a party going on under her dress.  :P

Uhm...no comment  :o
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

EclipseDarkmaster

Quote from: chikhra on May 27, 2008, 05:59:25 PM
Oh wow, that's horrible! Sorry to hear that your costume was ruined, what a downer :(
I noticed that the B&W staff were a little.... disgruntled....

One other thing was the lack of planning for more people, I feel bad for everyone who ended up missing chunks of the dance because they had to wait in line.

Also, sucks that if you needed to use the restroom, you had to go to the very BACK of said line. Ditched early to go to a nice dinner cause my poor moms couldn't hold it anymore and there was NO WAY we were waiting in line for another 40 minutes. Please try getting a bigger room next year, or working out something better for the restrooms.

Other than that the ball was really nice, I just felt pretty stupid for not having taken the lessons @,@

Heeeeyyyy, I know that Dance Partner! <3

My personal Complaint about the ball is actually ::SPACE::

The Room that they held it in, Though Larger then Previous years (From what I'm told at least), Was Perfect Size for their Raves, Compact and filled with Gyrating people.

Classical Dance needs a LOT more room them waving around your arms with Glowsticks, and considering the size of some of the Dresses worn, that room was FAR, FAR too small for the B&W ball.  *shrug*  I don't know what estimates were made, But From what I saw, There were too many people, in too large costumes for such an Enclosed space.

Great Tunes though, I'm Sad I missed out on the Twist.

What do I do?
I make Wallpapers and Forum Sigs.  Avatars? Maybe, depends on what you want.  PM for more info.

Ari

There wasnt a dress code for the rave was there?

Varnado Barolius

Quote from: Ari on June 03, 2008, 11:42:16 PM
There wasnt a dress code for the rave was there?
I don't believe so, beyond the general convention dress code.

jemz

Quote from: EclipseDarkmaster on June 03, 2008, 02:08:11 PM
My personal Complaint about the ball is actually ::SPACE::

The Room that they held it in, Though Larger then Previous years (From what I'm told at least), Was Perfect Size for their Raves, Compact and filled with Gyrating people.

Classical Dance needs a LOT more room them waving around your arms with Glowsticks, and considering the size of some of the Dresses worn, that room was FAR, FAR too small for the B&W ball.  *shrug*  I don't know what estimates were made, But From what I saw, There were too many people, in too large costumes for such an Enclosed space.

Great Tunes though, I'm Sad I missed out on the Twist.

This year's space for the Black & White Ball was 50% bigger than last year's inaugural Ball. The Head of B&WBall and I did not expect the sheer number of attendees during the pre-planning stages. Last year's Ball was a bit crowded so we thought having the space that it did this year would be enough. We didn't expect it to be super popular (to which we are very happy that attendees really want to go to it)!

We are looking into other options for the B&WBall for 2009. :D
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

TC X0 Lt 0X

Fanime Heads really need to train their Staff and tell them the "Do's" & "Dont's".

It would be bad to do a back ground check or something ether.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

mekalai

Hmmn, yeah, this year there were some seriously rude staff members.

I mean, if a little rule was broken, people would get -yelled at-. Things like bare feet in the rave, for example. I can understand why it's a rule, I can't understand why staff would be so insanely rude. I seriously watched like, eight people get reprimanded really rudely. Generally with the staff (there were more than one) gripping on their arm or shoulder. I know my arm was sore after the rave because staff decided to get in my face, too. I didn't want to get kicked out, so I obliged -- I wasn't actually aware of the rule until they pointed it out.

Next year, can you please talk to your staff about personal space? That touching, gripping, pulling, tugging is NOT a way to get the attention of someone? Some people have serious qualms about being gripped like that. What if the person had some sort of trauma related to a grip like that? Or if they accidentally rip someone's gorgeous dress? A costume or dress that had cost money, and time, be it work hours to buy it, or craft hours to make it.

The staff for the past three years have been great, but this year, all of a sudden, they went way beyond boundaries. Any little rule they could nitpick at, they would. Which is acceptable, but it's the way that they did it. I heard nonstop complaints about the staff all weekend long from my friends. Yes, rules are important. No, you do not have to be rude to enforce them.

--Also

I wanted to thank the staff who have replied here already for being sincere and truly being concerned. That's a good sign to everyone that because of staff like you, the overall workforce next year will improve!
:: poke ::

TC X0 Lt 0X

Though to be completly honest, I had no problem with the staff.

Heck, I almost got into the Yaoi movie on friday night (I'm 17 BTW), except for the fact that I'm not into Yaoi.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.