Official Arcade Suggestion & Feedback thread for 2008

Started by asuka245, May 27, 2008, 11:12:45 AM

asuka245

Arcades Suggestions-Feedback thread for 2008 & changes for 2009 to make better.

what new arcades would u like to see for arcade 2009
or arcades they should bring back cause there alot of fun.

p.s

it sucked they had no pop n music Fever Until monday.

Been attending fanime since 99!
Been a fanime Staff since 2000-2007
Video programming--2000-2005
E-gaming--2006-2007
Fanime Con E-Gaming Head for 08,09

Spiritsnare

Quote from: asuka245 on May 27, 2008, 11:12:45 AMp.s

AMEN BROTHER

ps. JP sticks/buttons on (at least) the Melty Blood machine next year? This year's Happ setup was crazyblargh for my play. ; ;
epic progressive

vox

Chaostsukasa

Reduced cost of WMMT3 and IDAS4 Machines. My wallet is still crying. Seriously 1.50 to play....last year it was a dollar and that doesnt hurt nearly as bad.

Pika1979

I think the cost of the games are set by the company that they rent them from. They have no control over that.

Raydere

F'06 had Beatmania III; I wanna see that make a comeback.

GHOST Squad Evo would also be nice; the 4-level version of GS can go burn in hell.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

bahamutknightzero

Bring back/keep Para Para (first year playing it and enjoyed it, ranked on freestyle normal twice)

Bring a few more fighters (lack of an SNK/KOF game this year)

Fix a few of the prices for the games

Dakanya

Quote from: Spiritsnare on May 27, 2008, 11:34:12 AM

AMEN BROTHER

ps. JP sticks/buttons on (at least) the Melty Blood machine next year? This year's Happ setup was crazyblargh for my play. ; ;
or at least a perfectly functional right side HAPP stick for starters

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

If Fanime has control over it or if Fanime can work a deal with the vendors to take control over, lower the prices on some of the arcades.  DDR:SN2 was overpriced and doubles pricing was worse since there's no Doubles Premium ($2.50 for doubles 3 songs...no).

Everything else in the arcades can come back (or get upgraded).  I see no reason to remove them.

At least we get to play Pop Fever at the Consoles section.  heh.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

AmazingKenchan

Nuke this thread once I finish my post, I have an organized and detailed post ready to go with all of the staff recommendations for improvements.  I'm planning on keeping a thread up-to-date, unlike last year's thread.
2004-2005 Logistics Staff
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

Everto

Quote from: AmazingKenchan on May 28, 2008, 06:31:22 PM
Nuke this thread once I finish my post, I have an organized and detailed post ready to go with all of the staff recommendations for improvements.  I'm planning on keeping a thread up-to-date, unlike last year's thread.

...Dave?

<_<

To anybody who saw me:
I was the guy in the Duck Tape hat.
Sorry, I was only a minion, I didn't really like setting up consoles because that was my first year staffing.
don't hurt me. ;-; I tried as fast as I could to keep up with Check-In Check-Out. But Crystal's keyboard was very lame.
E-Gaming Staff 2008
I miss them so much.

AmazingKenchan

No worries sir, you guys did an amazing job.  Don't worry about it, everyone was really pleased so I hear n_n
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

buzzsaw13

As for the arcades, Eric from OCE from what I understand does most of it, if not all. Matt, Eric wants to keep it all American and we've asked him numerous times to consider using JP sticks but it's easier to keep everything American.

As for pricing, Eric is also in charge of this. The fighting games were all 50 cents, up from the usual 25 cents when they're at State. It's obvious he raised it because people at the con would be willing to pay the price he set. I don't expect him to lower the prices as long as people at the con make him lots of money.

AmazingKenchan

That's exactly the point that pisses me off, I'd see the price increase as more reasonable if he actually came around to fix shit.  I couldn't believe he put the shmups on 50 cents, nobody in their right mind should be paying that much for them!  That said, I didn't get an actual number, but I think Mushihimesama Futari still made about 400-500 dollars.  I kind of regret loaning it to them, because they didn't give me jack shit in return.  That's abou 500 dollars more than 19xx would have made.
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

buzzsaw13

If there was anything wrong with any of the machines, you could have called Eric and he would have came by to fix them. Last year some of the fighting game machines were messed up and he came pretty fast after we gave him a call.

AmazingKenchan

That's last year.  I think you missed my post where I said I DID call them, and they DIDN'T come.
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

Tetsuo9999

Quote from: AmazingKenchan on May 29, 2008, 11:48:58 AM
That's last year.  I think you missed my post where I said I DID call them, and they DIDN'T come.

They came at 3:50 on Monday, which is pretty useless.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Chaostsukasa on May 27, 2008, 01:17:20 PM
Reduced cost of WMMT3 and IDAS4 Machines. My wallet is still crying. Seriously 1.50 to play....last year it was a dollar and that doesnt hurt nearly as bad.
agreed.

also, if its available by then: BlazBlue, plzkthnx.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

ewu

Quote from: AmazingKenchan on May 29, 2008, 11:48:58 AM

who did you call?
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

AmazingKenchan

Eric.  About 5 or 6 times the first few days, to which they never really came around and I gave up.  I think they got mad at me once for cheating the cleaning card on ID4 to get it running, that's all they ever told me besides that they'd be back in a few hours (which they either were and didn't fix anything, or just weren't).  Iunno, I was pretty busy all con but I didn't see them around.  There weren't a lot of complaints because they bring their stuff in top condition, but I just hold them to a high standard because of the quality they've shown me before.
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

Sen

Quote from: AmazingKenchan on May 31, 2008, 06:08:59 PM
Eric.  About 5 or 6 times the first few days, to which they never really came around and I gave up.  I think they got mad at me once for cheating the cleaning card on ID4 to get it running, that's all they ever told me besides that they'd be back in a few hours (which they either were and didn't fix anything, or just weren't).  Iunno, I was pretty busy all con but I didn't see them around.  There weren't a lot of complaints because they bring their stuff in top condition, but I just hold them to a high standard because of the quality they've shown me before.

You should have spoken with the Arcade staff. I am pretty sure that Greg, the Arcade head, was in there most of the time and he had OCE's contact. Everytime Greg needed them for something they would be prompt with it. If Greg wasn't there, his staffer, Heather was there.

From my visits to the arcade, Eric and Harrison were there several times over the weekend performing maintenance and collecting money.

The Pop n' Music Fever circuit board broke on its way to Fanime so that is why it was not working.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07