I GOT INTO 2 CAR CRASHES ON MY WAY TO FANIME (PLEASE READ)

Started by angel_valentine, May 27, 2008, 11:12:52 AM

angel_valentine

:'(
i got into 2 car crashes trying to make it there at fanime,the first crash was in wyoming ,we got backended by a semi-truck,(i got whiplash) so we got a rental car to try to get there,we had to drive all the way back to fort collins to get the rental car paid for,so we got back on the road and about 6'oclock friday morning our driver fell asleep at the wheel and we ran into a guard rail almost impailing his face and almost killing everyone in the car. me and my bf were in the back and i was sitting behind the driver so i got 2nd of most of the blows, i tried to make it the best as i could but i was in the hospital and just got back home right now because we had no way home. im so sorry i could not make it and im so sad. i have internal problems right now, we only got to salt lake city utah,and we did not even make it to cali. we had our hotel rooms,our pre-reg paid for and everything. our driver had to be flown out to salt lke city to the hospital and he cant even walk right now, we were on highway I-80,had no idea why in the world why we did not go through new mexico and arizona to get to cali,we spent alot of time on our cosplays,even our driver was crying and even said he would try to walk to fanime when we were in the ambulance  :'(

Truten

I feel really sorry for what happened to you and your friends. It's time for you all to get some rest and make sure you are there next time. Again, I am truly sorry.

AnimeEmperor

Yes I heard about this, i'm so so so sad and sorry. At least you're all alive, it could have been worse. But not much worse....so I won't even try to cheer you up. If you need people to talk to we're all here.

openhappy

Sorry to hear about what happened to you and your friends :( Hope you guys will get better. My car was also totalled a few days before the con and my friend and I got a real shake when hit from behind by a 2009 camry.

Mango Bunny

I'm so sorry. That's so terrible. I hit a car pulling out of a parking lot, but I think you win. Get better and start preparing for next fanime!

Yuu

Quote from: AnimeEmperor on May 27, 2008, 03:17:07 PM
\ At least you're all alive, it could have been worse. But not much worse....

Yes, it could have been worse. MUCH worse.  Be grateful everyone is alive with no permanent injuries.

On that note, I'm sorry you had to miss the con. Especially after you spent ALL that money. That is VERY lame.
Maybe you can make it to dare I say...AX??

AldPixto

I'm glad there were no fatalities. I am over 99.99% certain there will be a fanime in 2009, 2010, and 2011, so please just consider this year a minor interruption in your fanime con-going life experience.

I recommend gathering up some friends and organizing a "we almost went to fanime" party. Gather up your favorite food and beverages and watch a show of the many digital photos and videos that other fans have been posting. For example, I found videos of the masquerade here:

http://www.acparadise.com/acp/videos.php

angel_valentine

thank you for the help :'( i have to talk to the insurance guy tomorrow morning about everything. i know that we at least have our whole lives for the next fanime. the driver cant even walk,i dont think he can drive anymore. me,my boyfriend,and our friend michi,decided we will take a train,or a bus to the next fanime. i wish that i caould have went... there was even this huge sign that said "2 fatalitys on I-80" o.o when we were on the highway. it was a very scary thing for me and my boyfriend keeps crying because he had a rdark from DN angel cosplay he has been working on. yes i would like for people to talk me through this :) and for he pictures and stuff :)
my gaia username is Demonatrixxx and my myspace is www.myspace.com/demonatrixxx or look up the email [email protected]

BobMakihara

Really sorry to hear this.  I am glad that everyone is alive, and I hope all make a fabulous recovery. 
The Fanime Sax Guy.
Cosplays:
Bob Makihara from Tenjou Tenge (100%)
Kaoru Kaidoh from Prince of Tennis (100%)
Captain Jack Sparrow (95%)
Dee Jay from SFIV (95%)
Ren Jinguji from Uta no Prince-sama (100%)

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

jeans

I don't know who to talk to about this, but I think that the registration people should give y'all a free pre-regs for next year. It's the least we can do as a con that is by fans, for fans... and you definitely seem like a fan.

I'm sorry to hear about the hardships you went through, but I am glad to hear that you are alright and I hope the driver can regain the use of his legs.

crystalsoul

I hope you and your friend get better and that your all recover fully.

and im really sorry to hear you couldent make it.....thats a long drive just to come to fanime O_O i could see it if you were going to AnimeExpo...but fanimecon?   wow, you make me feel lucky i live so close to fanime

angel_valentine

yeah i wish we lived in cali ._. I had a friend tell me on gaia that i should buy a time machine to get to fanime. the driver called me today saying that he was ok. I still have to go to the doctor because im still having muscle spazems,and it hurts when i breath. as far as our stuff that was stuck in the car,like my boyfriends costume,there going to try to mail it to us. i just know to have superman to drive next year or take a bus or train.   :(

grant911

oh wow....
well at least everyone is ok
if you do decide to go next year, i hope your trip isn't as horrendous as this year

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: angel_valentine on May 27, 2008, 11:12:52 AM
i got into 2 car crashes trying to make it there at fanime,the first crash was in wyoming ,we got backended by a semi-truck,(i got whiplash) so we got a rental car to try to get there,we had to drive all the way back to fort collins to get the rental car paid for,so we got back on the road and about 6'oclock friday morning our driver fell asleep at the wheel and we ran into a guard rail almost impailing his face and almost killing everyone in the car. me and my bf were in the back and i was sitting behind the driver so i got 2nd of most of the blows, i tried to make it the best as i could but i was in the hospital and just got back home right now because we had no way home. im so sorry i could not make it and im so sad. i have internal problems right now, we only got to salt lake city utah,and we did not even make it to cali. we had our hotel rooms,our pre-reg paid for and everything. our driver had to be flown out to salt lke city to the hospital and he cant even walk right now, we were on highway I-80,had no idea why in the world why we did not go through new mexico and arizona to get to cali,we spent alot of time on our cosplays,even our driver was crying and even said he would try to walk to fanime when we were in the ambulance  :'(

Hey I live in SLC Utah. Let me know if you need anything at all.

weirderraindrop

Hey I'm really sorry to hear about your accident, I hope your recovery goes well and I feel horrible that you didn't get to go to the con.  I hope everything goes well for you next year!!  I stole some paper cranes so you will get better..quicker. >:3

*hugs*

angel_valentine

awwww thank you guys  :D you all made me feel better I love the pictures  :D

MzreYuen

hey hun. next time you should try the train. it a a lot cheaper than flying and the train station is only 2 blocks from the convention center. it's probably a better alternative for you guys especially if you guys are traveling in a groupl. it's not like you will need a car when you are at the con. everything is within walking distance. that way you don't have to worry about the parking and stuff. food for thought. hope you make it out to the next fanime.

angel_valentine

I hope so too. i dont think i will be driving to the bathroom XD

Glitch

That's really horrible. My condolances.

It may not be much, but if your around fanime 09, i'll hand you a ramune bottle. ^^