Cosplay for 2009

Started by angeljibrille, May 27, 2008, 11:50:29 AM

Punkbuster

Quote from: Lina on May 29, 2008, 06:33:30 PM
I'm still deciding. I'll be Amulet Angel (shugo chara), Amulet Diamond (Shugo Chara), or Hanon (Mermaid Melody) Right now I'm really thing Amulet Angel, but everything could change.

YAY mermaid melody!!! I love that series! <3

Gatsby

Quote from: Punkbuster on May 29, 2008, 11:59:12 PM
I'm still deciding. I'll be Amulet Angel (shugo chara), Amulet Diamond (Shugo Chara), or Hanon (Mermaid Melody) Right now I'm really thing Amulet Angel, but everything could change.

That series is awesome indeed.

Avriss_nyxx

I want to cosplay as saya from Blood+, Kira from mortal combat and Spyro! Not all of them of course but those are just ideas for now. But i really want to be kira for sure.

Kiyohime

Well....I'm a huge Mai-HiME and My-Otome fan so I'll either be cosplaying as Natsuki Kuga or Kruger....

But, I'm not sure if other people will be cosplaying as anyone from that seires  :-\

I'll also be cosplaying as Haruhi Suzumiya  :P

And, If I can, Yuki Cross from Vampire Knight X]

Charis

Step 1: to come back again, because holy hell, that was FUN.

As for cosplays ... oh, dear.  Well, it depends a great deal on how much work eats me and what I actually manage to finish.  Tentative plans include the following but are always subject to change:

Definite
- Unohana Retsu from Bleach: because it's done, and lazy Charis is lazy.  I'll do my best to bring the Fourth Squad cookies next year too (even if my minion cosplays as someone else)!
- Ryuushi Risai from Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms: because obscure cosplays are WIN, and if I get the version I want done for Sakuracon next year, I'll have to wear it more than once. :D  Otherwise, I'll have the more readily-known (but still hellaciously obscure) anime version, since that's mostly done.
- Miranda Lotto from D.Gray-man: because I swore I'd have new D.Gray stuff done for Kumoricon, and that means I'll have it next year.
- Kaya Syokka from Trinity Blood: because it's so SHINY, and Toribla cosplayers are a horrible influence, and even if it's not wearable I should be able to do "wearable enough".

Likely
- Okita Souji from Peacemaker: because it is my ultimate lazy cosplay -- so comfy! -- and I <3 my demon-piggy.
- kendo!Sanada Genichirou from Prince of Tennis: because my sister is a dork, and it is another lazy cosplay and one I don't have to sew anything for.
- chibi!pirate!NEWS from One Piece -- well, sorta (see also: dork): I promised my sister I'd make the outfits if she'd do it with me and get the references, and JE is amusing -- plus, Jemz would approve.

Maybe to Unlikely
- Izumi Curtis from Hagaren: my sister wants to do Hagaren, but that means I have to find time to do both Izumi and her Ed cosplay, and I'm not sure where that'll be in this mess ...
- Nue from Air Gear: because I failed this year and I have to make up for that, but other shiny things are far more shiny and distracting ... sorry, Nue, I think you're the bottom of my priority list.

Of course, that's eight costumes for three days, so it's exceedingly unlikely I'll actually wear all of them, but we'll see when it gets closer.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Enkai

Quote from: Kiyohime on May 30, 2008, 06:30:04 PM
Well....I'm a huge Mai-HiME and My-Otome fan so I'll either be cosplaying as Natsuki Kuga or Kruger....

But, I'm not sure if other people will be cosplaying as anyone from that seires  :-\

Oooh, Ooh! Mai-HIME!  I'm a Mai cosplayer (I wore it on Friday), and I hope to have my rings done next year.

Honestly not sure WHY I love that series so; it's so fanservice-y (normally something that turns me off of a series), but for some reason it holds a deep spot of love in my heart.  I blame mahou-shoujo sparkles.  I blame that for a lot of my weird tastes.

yumicchi88

Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 30, 2008, 09:28:19 AM
I want to cosplay as saya from Blood+, Kira from mortal combat and Spyro! Not all of them of course but those are just ideas for now. But i really want to be kira for sure.

cool! i was the only saya (i think) for the past 2 years! i saw haji this year and i was so happy!!
you should do saya, too!!
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

MirandaZero

I'm considering Enma Ai from Hell Girl... although I really shouldn't. I look NOTHING like her. I'm actually pretty much her opposite: tall and blond.
and yet... I really love her. :P
If only I were shorter. :'(

JiiiWiz

Planning to bring konan again next year, but with a better looking coat xD and also planning to be yachiru from bleach, chii pink dress version(hopefully), Akito wedding dress updated by then, snj kakashi...if that wig ever gets done xD, Haruhi from OHSHC, and others...@_@
"Please don't.."

Lina

Quote from: Punkbuster on May 29, 2008, 11:59:12 PM

This year I was Rina from Mermaid Melody.

Avriss_nyxx

Quote from: yumicchi88 on May 30, 2008, 11:12:52 PM
Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 30, 2008, 09:28:19 AM

cool! i was the only saya (i think) for the past 2 years! i saw haji this year and i was so happy!!
you should do saya, too!!

I saw Haji too!!! Yeah I really want to be Saya. The crazy Saya. With the red eyes and all.

Hirotona

Well so far the only cosplay I'm doing for sure is Dr. Stein from Soul Eater (with my friend who is going to be Chrona). If I can get her or some other friends to do some Ragnarok Online cosplay with me I'll likely cosplay as the MVP Keil Hyre as well. Other cosplay I am considering right now is Itoshiki-sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Watanuki from xxxHOLiC, Tezuka or Oshitari from Prince of Tennis, Chikusa, Irie or Glo from Hitman Reborn!, Komui from D. Gray, Shinpachi from Gintama... the sooner I find friends to cosplay series with the better since I have at least twenty plus cosplays I'd like to do sometime and once I find a friend who wants to cosplay from a series with me it makes everything alot easier.

This year in any case I actually do hope to have at one cosplay for everyday of the convention.

red_thestrals

i will TRY my best to do that purple alien thing on welcome to NHK... does anybody know what that thing is called?

captpisspants

decisions...

Jet (avatar)
Zidane (FFIX)
Aizen (bleach)

my personal fave is zidane but id need myself a garnet...

Punkbuster

Quote from: Lina on May 31, 2008, 03:19:33 PM

I honestly don't think I saw you. D= Going thru alot of the posted galleries made me realize how many cosplayers I did miss.

Ban Mido

I'll probably for sure be doing Air Gear as Kogarasumaru Ikki  with my remodeled ATs 2.0 and Maybe Ban Midou(Get Backers).

Lina

Quote from: Punkbuster on June 01, 2008, 12:02:58 AM
Quote from: Lina on May 31, 2008, 03:19:33 PM

I honestly don't think I saw you. D= Going thru alot of the posted galleries made me realize how many cosplayers I did miss.

I know what you mean, I missed a lot of them too. I haven't posted any pictures of myself yet, I will though, once I get ahold of the camera. (My parents have it and they haven't uploaded the pictures to the comp. yet.)

Suiseiseki

this year i went as suiseiseki along with one of my closest friends who went as souseiseki.
next year we are planning on doing a really big rozen maiden thing XD my friend is coming down for her first time as shinku and my friend is coming down as sou once again.
anyways im planning on cosplaying as sui for a couple of days and then im thinking about doing mikuru or rin tosaka{fate/stay night} the other days.

I have it all planned way to early though XD

Dragon Ninja

I've decided that next year I'll be Hanataro.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Mister_E

What can be a good drunk look for the Laughing Man MK. III? I don't want him look like he's embarest?
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%