Cosplay for 2009

Started by angeljibrille, May 27, 2008, 11:50:29 AM

T-1000

I'm going as the T-1000 from Terminator 2! He pwns! Even though he isn't related to anime  :-[
"Get. Out."

BrightHeart76

Quote from: T-1000 on August 17, 2008, 02:44:02 PM
I'm going as the T-1000 from Terminator 2! He pwns! Even though he isn't related to anime  :-[

Don't worry.  My first year I saw Ghostbuster, Imperial Troopers and Indiana Jones.  Last year our most "infamous" cosplayer was Jesus.  So, as long as you enjoy yourself Have Fun!   ;D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Evangelion Xgouki

Well, I have fabric piled in my room for a Zeon Uniform from MS Igloo and for Commander Simon from Gurren-Lagann but we'll see if I ever get those made in time  ::).  I'm still finalizing my list but the ones I know I'll be wearing are:

Alto Saotome - Macross Frontier
Colonel Roy Mustang - Fullmetal Alchemist (to be used for Yaoi Con events)

The maybes:

Kurogane - Tsubasa Chronicle
Seto Kaiba - YuGiOh: Duel Monsters
Kyon - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Chrono Harlaown - Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's

capeswirlinggirl

Quote from: Charis on August 17, 2008, 12:39:22 AM
Quote from: capeswirlinggirl on August 16, 2008, 07:01:15 PM
... and one of the Kirin (Twelve Kingdoms) ...

OMG DO IT DO IT DO IT.  ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING TAIKI.  :D

Gomen, but while I still haven't decided which Kirin to be I do know it won't be Taiki. As I'm natuarlly very blonde it just makes more sense to choose one of the others. 

Charis

Quote from: capeswirlinggirl on August 18, 2008, 08:57:02 PM
Gomen, but while I still haven't decided which Kirin to be I do know it won't be Taiki. As I'm natuarlly very blonde it just makes more sense to choose one of the others. 

Pff, no need to apologise -- I'm just filled with glee at the prospect of another Juuni Kokki cosplayer.  It makes perfect sense to do something which suits your colouring, and it's nice to be able to use one's own hair.
(And my brother would tell me I shouldn't have a Taiki anyway -- which, with the cos I'm going for, I have to concede.  :D  I look forward to seeing whatever you pick out!)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

T-1000

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on August 17, 2008, 06:47:28 PM
Quote from: T-1000 on August 17, 2008, 02:44:02 PM

Don't worry.  My first year I saw Ghostbuster, Imperial Troopers and Indiana Jones.  Last year our most "infamous" cosplayer was Jesus.  So, as long as you enjoy yourself Have Fun!   ;D

I went there last year XD I saw him and the "Turn to Jesus" protester infront of the con =P
"Get. Out."

AceOfAnime

I'm going as some one from Avatar: The Last Airbender, but I can't decide who.

Moogleborg

I will hopefully return as Vergil from Devil May Cry 3 once again for next year, and hopefully along with him will be:

Rock Lee from Naruto: Shippuden
Ash Ketchum in his original Kanto outfit from Pokemon
Billy Lee from Double Dragon
and hopefully Simon Belmont in his Castlevania: Judgement outfit. ^^
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

kimu

Quote from: Charis on August 18, 2008, 09:25:29 PM
Quote from: capeswirlinggirl on August 18, 2008, 08:57:02 PM

Pff, no need to apologise -- I'm just filled with glee at the prospect of another Juuni Kokki cosplayer.  It makes perfect sense to do something which suits your colouring, and it's nice to be able to use one's own hair.
(And my brother would tell me I shouldn't have a Taiki anyway -- which, with the cos I'm going for, I have to concede.  :D  I look forward to seeing whatever you pick out!)

Yes, it'll be fun to have another JK/TK cosplayer at Fanime, whichever character you choose. :)
I'll be back with my Sairin.
Wouldn't it be fun if we find at least enough people to set up an official gathering photo shoot, even if we're a small group?

S.N.T.Mickey

I was going to cosplay Kairi from KH2 if I go next year.

ph1shf00d

Oh shit. I have no idea, hahaha.  I guess it kinda depends on what I really want to commit myself to next year... There are dozens of cosplays I really, really want to do.  If I can manage it by Fanime, though, I'd like to do some TF2 (Medic and Sniper especially) cosplay, and maybe Shikamaru.  Even though I don't really like Naruto anymore, Shikamaru's been a character I've wanted to cosplay well for a really long time. :]

Kaori

My friends and I will be cosplaying as the Jpop group NEWS. I'll be Masuda Takahisa. Also, the one who will be Tegoshi Yuuya will also do a pair cosplay with me as the subgroup TegoMasu. XD If you see people in Pirate-ish costumes (esp. if there are 5-6 of them) it's probably us! ^_^
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

Takumi_Amari

I'm thinking about doing Pyramid Head again, but this time with a better helmet. I'm also considering Rhode(sp?) from D. Gray-Man. She's simple and awesome. XD I'm about the same height anyways. XD Maybe another Zexion, but with better hair.

SweetNiar

Quote from: Takumi_Amari on September 04, 2008, 09:46:30 PM
I'm thinking about doing Pyramid Head again, but this time with a better helmet. I'm also considering Rhode(sp?) from D. Gray-Man. She's simple and awesome. XD I'm about the same height anyways. XD Maybe another Zexion, but with better hair.

^_^ i would love to go as Rhode myself!  But since i be completely broke, i might just go as some random shinigami of squad 4 (since i have a nice 4th squad parasol i want to use again :D) from Bleach

RamenCat

sooo...in one of my random google words tirades I ended up looking up 'spartan' and was looking at the pics, I got the silly '300' spartans stuff, then I found a funny picture of master chief from halo....as a female...so I just HAD to look at what the heck it was...turns out someone made a female master chief and were selling it on e-bay here's the link to the page it was found on. http://www.geekologie.com/2007/10/mistress_chief_gives_me_boner.php
I found it HILARIOUS and thought...hey that'd be a fun cosplay...so this year, instead of making a couple different cosplays (which overworks me and end up unfinished or crappy) I have decided on doing this version of master chief, just for fun ^.^!
Registration Staff 07-08

Orihime-Forever

;D :D I might go as Orihime (Bleach and i forgot her last name, well, how to spell it anyway)
I can't wait! This year is gonna be great fun!!!!
~*<Smiling Brighter Everyday>*~

Dragon Ninja

Quote from: Orihime-Forever on September 07, 2008, 01:44:20 AM
;D :D I might go as Orihime (Bleach and i forgot her last name, well, how to spell it anyway)
I can't wait! This year is gonna be great fun!!!!
It's Inoue.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

questionette

I'm caught in a rut D: I don't know whether to cosplay as

Harley Quinn from Batman

Maka from Soul Eater

Or just make a repeat of my costume last year as lenalee lee

(my costume was noob style, this year I'm taking WAY more time or just buying...) what do you guys think?

EvilBunnyKid

I saw alot of good Lenalee's last year!!  :P

Anyway, Im thinking of going as Yamada Hanataro from BLEACH. I made his medicine bag that I like alot :P

I have a few others but im not so sure how far they will go....still working on them... :P

Hirotona