Who already registered for Fanime 2009??

Started by yumicchi88, May 27, 2008, 04:04:12 PM

Shi_Musouka

Quote from: kimiski on July 05, 2008, 06:41:24 PM
I don't know if I should register as soon as it opens online or wait until I know I can go for sure or not. I'm new here so be gentle with me ^_^ I live in Salem Oregon, a fair distance away, so I'm wondering if I can afford to go to Fanime or not in 2009 considering the train ticket there and back, the con, and hotel there. Plus I wouldn't be allowed to go by myself to California, so my sister would have to be able to afford it as well. How high does the registration fee usually get the latest you're allowed to register? Our convention in Oregon is small and the highest it gets is up to $40 so I'm not sure how high other cons go.

The reg price here typically starts off somewhere in the mid-30s-40s, then it goes up gradually over the months until it hits $55, which is usually the full weekend price for both early and at-con registration. The registration department will usually set a deadline for online registration sometime in May and afterwards, you would have to register on site. There's no deadline for at-con registration(not that I know of) as long as you do it within the hours on-site registration is open.

I'd say it depends on what you value more. Would you rather get a cheap non-refundable badge knowing you may or may not be able to go? Or get a badge that costs a bit more, but you know for sure that you can go? As an FYI, registration is cheapest during the summer(or if anyone regged for 2009 at Fanime 2008). You're better off e-mailing registration-at-fanime.com for specifics since a lot of this is based off of what I know and there's always the chance something might change for 2009.

jackalwackal

Well, considering that I bought it this early, I usually absorb the cost also quite early. By the time I know I can't come, the loss of money is a very small issue - rather, is not being able to come that is a bigger deal.

And, yes, I have already registered for 2009.

kimiski

Quote from: Shi_Musouka on July 05, 2008, 07:53:37 PM
Quote from: kimiski on July 05, 2008, 06:41:24 PM
I don't know if I should register as soon as it opens online or wait until I know I can go for sure or not. I'm new here so be gentle with me ^_^ I live in Salem Oregon, a fair distance away, so I'm wondering if I can afford to go to Fanime or not in 2009 considering the train ticket there and back, the con, and hotel there. Plus I wouldn't be allowed to go by myself to California, so my sister would have to be able to afford it as well. How high does the registration fee usually get the latest you're allowed to register? Our convention in Oregon is small and the highest it gets is up to $40 so I'm not sure how high other cons go.

The reg price here typically starts off somewhere in the mid-30s-40s, then it goes up gradually over the months until it hits $55, which is usually the full weekend price for both early and at-con registration. The registration department will usually set a deadline for online registration sometime in May and afterwards, you would have to register on site. There's no deadline for at-con registration(not that I know of) as long as you do it within the hours on-site registration is open.

I'd say it depends on what you value more. Would you rather get a cheap non-refundable badge knowing you may or may not be able to go? Or get a badge that costs a bit more, but you know for sure that you can go? As an FYI, registration is cheapest during the summer(or if anyone regged for 2009 at Fanime 2008). You're better off e-mailing registration-at-fanime.com for specifics since a lot of this is based off of what I know and there's always the chance something might change for 2009.

Thanks  :D

billgoku

I missed my chance, because I miss heard the announcement when they called it out, so I went too late. Sucks but I'm content on waiting till Oct or whenever to prereg then.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

KyraEnsui

Just register today since the prereg is up on the main site.

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Yukari Kaiba

registered today! my number is 00013 (lowest I've ever gotten in the 6 years I've been going XD ).
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

kanauru

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on August 31, 2008, 09:48:34 PM
registered today! my number is 00013 (lowest I've ever gotten in the 6 years I've been going XD ).

Is your number decided by online registration? Since I registered at the con.

SweetNiar

i got #00044!! a new low record for me too! XD

Kiyohime

I got a question!  I couldn't go for 2008, so this'll be my first year at Fanime ^_^

On the site, when you finnish filling out your info for the pre-reg, once you confirm everything and you go on to step 4, how do you make the payment?  Do I use my credit card to pay the pass, or?  I just want to be sure...

I'm clueless >__<

Dragon Ninja

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

ewu

You may use the paypal link to pay with paypal - $$ monies in a paypal account, credit card, e-check, or direct bank transfer. You may also send in a check using the instructions noted.

Quote from: Kiyohime on September 01, 2008, 04:17:25 PM
I got a question!  I couldn't go for 2008, so this'll be my first year at Fanime ^_^

On the site, when you finnish filling out your info for the pre-reg, once you confirm everything and you go on to step 4, how do you make the payment?  Do I use my credit card to pay the pass, or?  I just want to be sure...

I'm clueless >__<
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Lcanti

its weird I remember i paid before october last year and only paid 40$ now its 45$? wtf

Sen

Quote from: Lcanti on September 02, 2008, 09:28:03 PM
its weird I remember i paid before october last year and only paid 40$ now its 45$? wtf

Yes, we did go up by $5.

Good memory by the way.  :o
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Oathkeeper

I just pre-registered!
No. 39!!! woot!
new personal low for me too. ;)
fanime 2009
Kaname Kuran
...teh smexiest you'll ever see. ;)

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Kiyohime

Quote from: ewu on September 01, 2008, 06:21:27 PM
You may use the paypal link to pay with paypal - $$ monies in a paypal account, credit card, e-check, or direct bank transfer. You may also send in a check using the instructions noted.

Thanks!!  I'll go pre-reg with my paypal =^_^=

EvilBunnyKid

!I did I did!!!  *jumps around happily*

Now all I have to come up with is money for the plane,food,cosplay,and hotel!!!

Mr Anime

I registered on Sunday. Got #5. Last year I got #604.
I'm the best at what I do. And what I do isn't very nice.

kanauru

Quote from: Mr Anime on September 03, 2008, 06:43:26 PM
I registered on Sunday. Got #5. Last year I got #604.

Darn, I guess registering at the con doesn't give you a lower number...you just keep your old number :[