Looking for SOS/Rover staff for 2009!

Started by Steve.Young, May 27, 2008, 08:14:01 PM

OniCourseMusha

I was thinking about joining Rovers/SOS next year but the problem is I need a ride to San Jose from San Francisco to meet up in the Fanime meetings.  I want to ensure the safety of the attendees.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Reikon

Quote from: .::midnight.maiden::. on May 29, 2008, 07:42:46 PM
Just wait...wait until 2012....just four more years...and I'll be eighteen. ^^; *sigh* SOS/Rovers sounds so much fun! >__<

In the meantime, you can join another division... like E-gaming. ;D
2008-09 E-gaming staff

AnimeEmperor

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on June 13, 2008, 11:41:48 AM
I was thinking about joining Rovers/SOS next year but the problem is I need a ride to San Jose from San Francisco to meet up in the Fanime meetings.  I want to ensure the safety of the attendees.
I can probably give you a lift to a couple Oni, it's only a little out of my way. I'd have to see how much longer it takes to go through San Francisco, gas is expensive. =P

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: AnimeEmperor on June 13, 2008, 04:58:55 PM
I can probably give you a lift to a couple Oni, it's only a little out of my way. I'd have to see how much longer it takes to go through San Francisco, gas is expensive. =P
Couple probably sounds enough but I'll figure out the rest, we can talk more about that.
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

AnimeEmperor

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on June 13, 2008, 07:16:42 PM
Quote from: AnimeEmperor on June 13, 2008, 04:58:55 PM
Couple probably sounds enough but I'll figure out the rest, we can talk more about that.
You know my email, i'm pretty much always sitting at the computer.

nf33

sounds intersting. i had fun voluntering this year and i ran into a guy i knew on sos and had fun hanging out with him. i would be defintly willing to do it excpecally at the odd night hours (im a night guy)

OniCourseMusha

stupid question?
Since I want to manage my hours, how many hours total as SOS/Staff?
Kraken Con Staff

Shi_Musouka

Like all staff positions, it's 24 hours. Sometimes, the SoS leads will allow for less hours if there's appropriate coverage in all situations. The shifts are usually assigned in 6-8 hour increments per day with a few breaks in between.

Since there's a good chance we will exceed 90 SoS staff for 2009, you probably may do somewhere under 24 hours, depending on when you're scheduled.

On second thought, there's also a good chance I may end up switching departments for 2009, but I'll know more about that as staff gets their gears revved up for the year.

otakuapprentice

Once more specifics/details are posted regarding SOS/Rovers, I'll make my decision.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Steve.Young

However, do not assume 24 hours can be done on thursday and not show up on friday/saturday/sunday.

Seriously, if you have committed to working for SOS/Rovers, do your shifts through Friday/Saturday/Sunday. If you want to work extra shifts and hours (Like I love to do) then feel free...but don't leave us screwed certain days cause you decided you were done for the weekend.

Just something we have talked about...
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

JiiiWiz

Hm, do you have to be 18 to staff? o_o Next year I was thinking on becoming a staff, along with my friend who staffed this year. (she's 21..) But I am going to be 16 by the time fanime comes again >_> is it possible to get a staff position if a person is a bit underage?
"Please don't.."

Shi_Musouka

Safety On Site is generally 18 or older because of the duties that are expected from the staff.

But a lot of other departments are willing to take people who are under 18 too(ex. Reg, Volunteers, Press, E-Gaming, Asian Films, etc.). I say just wait until the staff meetings for 2009 are scheduled and then you can go and talk to a person in charge of the department that you're interested in joining and they'll take it from there. As long as you're around 14-15 or older, you're usually in luck.

BrightHeart76

HA!  Me as SOS...that would be hillarious.  Teacher Voice only goes so far.  I can just imagine me trying to reason with some fool dressed as a samurai "Now was that a good choice?  I'm sure you didn't mean to cut thru the whole line .. and ... wait ... wait ... WAIT ... ah damn another one walked away.  Hey!  Put that finger away Samurai-boy!"

Much respect to those able to do the job well!  You all rock!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

JiiiWiz

Quote from: Shi_Musouka on June 17, 2008, 08:33:20 PM
Safety On Site is generally 18 or older because of the duties that are expected from the staff.

But a lot of other departments are willing to take people who are under 18 too(ex. Reg, Volunteers, Press, E-Gaming, Asian Films, etc.). I say just wait until the staff meetings for 2009 are scheduled and then you can go and talk to a person in charge of the department that you're interested in joining and they'll take it from there. As long as you're around 14-15 or older, you're usually in luck.

Oh I see..then I will go to their meetings when they are scheduled ^_^
Thanks.

~Nami
"Please don't.."

Steve.Young

The rules for SOS have changed this year from last year.

True story.
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

RamenCat

So my fiance was SOS this last year and wants me to do SOS with him in 09 instead of registration. I was wondering if there's anyway I could do registration and then do SOS? Like work mornings/afternoons with reg and afternoon/nights for SOS? If so that'd be great, cause we always need help in reg
Registration Staff 07-08

Steve.Young

Yes.

Who is your fiancée by the way?
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Shi_Musouka

hehehehe... I think I know who this is  ;).

Jerry

Double duties eh?
just dont burn yourself out. :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Steve.Young

Quote from: Jerry on June 27, 2008, 10:18:42 AM
Double duties eh?
just dont burn yourself out. :P

Says the loser who we have to pry a radio from =P.
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com