Looking for SOS/Rover staff for 2009!

Started by Steve.Young, May 27, 2008, 08:14:01 PM

Shi_Musouka

I recall that in the past, Rovers used to be very understaffed. For that reason, the previous head allowed for a few exceptions on staff with basic things like line/crowd control and concourse roving because it's frustrating when you're looking for enthusiastic manpower on your team who meet all your requirements, but you have to turn them away simply because they lack that one thing you need. Manpower was an issue for Rovers/Safety back then, but judging by the SoS staff numbers for 2008, it seems those days may be finally over.

But this is my own logical analysis of the situation so please don't take it as fact.

IMO, I think Jerry's and Stevie's opinions probably describe best why Safety was/should be 18+.

Yet at the same time, I honestly don't think there's such a thing as "overstaffed" for departments like Safety or Reg.

Jerry

Quote from: Shi_Musouka on July 22, 2008, 02:10:39 PM
Yet at the same time, I honestly don't think there's such a thing as "overstaffed" for departments like Safety or Reg.

Ah, its used ALOT in the HR world. its just our nice way of saying...

yah, we dont want you to work for us... (yah, we're picky like that)  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

JiiiWiz

Quote from: Jerry on July 22, 2008, 02:32:11 PM
Quote from: Shi_Musouka on July 22, 2008, 02:10:39 PM

Ah, its used ALOT in the HR world. its just our nice way of saying...

yah, we dont want you to work for us... (yah, we're picky like that)  :P

Ah, then I guess people who are under 18 has to wait xD Well then if I can't staff then I shall do volunteer and still help out ^^ Even if it's just helping a little since it's only volunteering :3
"Please don't.."

Jerry

Go and enjoy the Con, heck your still young.  :D

No need to rush and grow up.

Or just be friends with a staff member and 'hang out' with us while we work.
Believe me it helps pass the time on a 8to10 hour shift.

Or come out and join us sometime for a gathering ( in the hang out, meet ups, sections) or just randomly start up conversations/threads of your own.

Woot.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Shi_Musouka

Yea. It's also like I said earlier. Although some departments like Safety, ConOps, Tech, etc. have to be limited to 18+ for duty-related reasons, there are a lot of other departments that are willing to take minors. They'll probably announce their openings as the general meetings rev up and you can pick an area to work in. Safety is just 1 out of a gajillion other con departments so the opportunities are endless.

Volunteering also helps too if you want to enjoy more of the con because they require less hours than a staff position.

I was a volunteer before I was on staff. I enjoyed it so much that I decided that I wanted to staff. I honestly feel that the experience prepared me for what's in store for me on staff so I'm actually glad I did it.

GaMeReVoLuTiOnX

Quote from: Jerry on July 21, 2008, 07:39:35 AM
heh. As if Fanime ISNT hostile in general.  ;)
Now what makes you say that hmmm? :P

--Official NotN HoboRave DJ :D --
-Fanime SOS of 2008- ^^

Zefie

Quote from: AnimeEmperor on June 28, 2008, 01:38:24 AM
Quote from: (GG)Nami_Misaki on June 27, 2008, 08:37:02 PM
What is a Rover staff by the way? XD

We are the defenders of the convention. HEROES, HEROES I say! Protecting the weak and the small and patrolling empty halls at 5am. It's all super important stuff.

o___o Okay....waking up that early actually sounds fun. Or did you even sleep?
Please don't steal my cookies~

Steve.Young

Please, other people slept. I didn't sleep for more than an hour or two a night.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

XpHoBiaX

I'd love to be apart of Rovers...but I live far away. :(
It'd give me something to look forward too for fanime this year.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

AnimeEmperor

Quote from: Steve.Young on September 07, 2008, 07:28:24 PM
Please, other people slept. I didn't sleep for more than an hour or two a night.
If I got four hours a night i'd feel lucky....and Steve would STILL be there way before I was in the morning. XD

Zefie

I'm not a heavy sleeper, so I'm thinking of taking late night and early morning shifts...>_< Let's all stay up~!!!
Please don't steal my cookies~

kjcwashere

might as well join rovers again since i kinda liked working last year

i'll think about it  :P

RamenCat

I look forward to attempting to do my double staffing of sos and registration, but on another note Unit 51 and I are going to be unable to attend any staff meetings until we're like right up on fanime....seeing as how we're moving out of california to arkansas. Is there some way one of the amazing 'bouncers' could message us any important notes for 09 that are different than 08 or anything they deem important? That way we can keep up? Thanks lotses!
Registration Staff 07-08

AnimeEmperor

Quote from: Zefie on September 12, 2008, 09:13:30 PM
I'm not a heavy sleeper, so I'm thinking of taking late night and early morning shifts...>_< Let's all stay up~!!!
Yay!!!! I love that idea. x3

Aelia

Steve is nuts and works too much. He'll work himself until he passes out next year, too, I'm sure. As might Jerry and Erick, if they're allowed to. I think I had to force them onto break once last year.

AAAAAnyhow... I'll be back, unless I somehow graduate that weekend, in which case I'll be back except for Saturday.
Director of Operations

Blackfaery

I would love to join the staff, info me in
Blackfaery
Straw

Kimbo.K

Count me in on joining fanime's 2009 rovers staff. =D

JohnnyAR

I wish to join! I'll be a wonderful addition!

Steve.Young

Well according to the staff emails, the next general staff meeting is 12/6 @ the crown plaza.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

technofox

I'm over 18 and I would very much like to join S.O.S.

Please send the me information and thank you everyone one on staff.

P.S.

Lizchan33 can verify my age.
"History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever." ~Marimeia Kushranada
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those who resist their fate." ~Edel