FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism > Video Programming

What would you guys want done this year?! 2009

(1/10) > >>

the otaku god:
Hi Everyone,
Well another FanimeCon has come and gone! There were tons of great times and few bad times. With that said its time to hear what you have to say. What did you think of the new video main room, Anime selection, Movies, new video events, ect….? I am all ears also most of all I would love to heart what we did right as well so I can have some good with the bad.
I hope to hear from you soon!

Mordyan:
I liked what I got to watch in the video rooms. Video Main was huge! It was awesome for the really popular showings.

My complaint is not late starts, which happen, but with the early starts. Some of the rooms I was in, I watched them just start the next anime or movie when it wasn't time to yet. I also showed up to three different rooms and the video/anime I wanted to watch had already started.

The main example I can site was the 8 o'clock showing of Sakiyuki Western Django. I arrived 15 minutes early and the movie had already been on for at least 15 minutes (this is only an esimate). So it had started about 1/2 hour early. That really sucked because I really liked the rest of the movie.

Con goers have to rely on the programing schedules. Late starts I can usually deal with, but early? The rooms need to stick to the schedule or it pointless. No one can plan their con if they have to guess when a show is gonna start.

KithKanan:
Fanime '08 was awesome.  If possible though, please bring back Fanboy Bebop for '09.  My convention experience just isn't quite the same without The Best Anime Ever. =)

BunofGovt:

--- Quote from: Mordyan on May 26, 2008, 10:52:33 PM ---I liked what I got to watch in the video rooms. Video Main was huge! It was awesome for the really popular showings.

My complaint is not late starts, which happen, but with the early starts. Some of the rooms I was in, I watched them just start the next anime or movie when it wasn't time to yet. I also showed up to three different rooms and the video/anime I wanted to watch had already started.

The main example I can site was the 8 o'clock showing of Sakiyuki Western Django. I arrived 15 minutes early and the movie had already been on for at least 15 minutes (this is only an esimate). So it had started about 1/2 hour early. That really sucked because I really liked the rest of the movie.

Con goers have to rely on the programing schedules. Late starts I can usually deal with, but early? The rooms need to stick to the schedule or it pointless. No one can plan their con if they have to guess when a show is gonna start.

--- End quote ---

I must have been at the encore showing of Sukiyaki Western Django.  I came in with about 30 minutes left to the end of the film.  As the last fight was about to start, someone came in and told the staffer and viewers that the movie was going to be stopped right then because the films were running overtime.  Needless to say, we were upset that we couldn't finish the film.

Without knowing how it happened that the films were running overtime (incorrect running times listed on the films?  2 hour blocks not enough time?  One film delayed which screwed up the rest of the schedule?), my only suggestion is to either remove one film so the others following can get back on the correct schedule (and therefore run the wrath of congoers who wanted to see that ONE film);

OR skip into the next film by about 20 minutes or however much time you need to catch up.  Have someone who knows the story give a brief synopsis of the story up to that point and then play the rest of the film.  At least you'll get to see the ending.

My only other problem was that the films I wanted to see (even with encore showings) clashed with other events, etc.  Darn.

BenihimeSama:
Better Yaoi.. I mean the stuff they had was good.. But if you ever attended Yaoi-Con, you can see it there. So maybe some newer hotter Yaoi would be nice?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version