Dates for fanime 2012?

Started by CosplayDevotee, July 28, 2011, 08:56:39 PM

CosplayDevotee

I know this is rather early, but about 10 newbies at work found out about fanime and want to go. :-\ That's great, more the merrier, but more than 3 of them are in my unit and I am NOT missing it cuz they took dibs (when they don't even know what fanime is >:()lol. Memorial day weekend this year is all wonky (leap year or something?) so I wasn't sure if it started May 25th this year? please if anyone knows, shout it out!  :D

AngrySean

Memorial Day is always observed on the last Monday in May.  (Technically speaking, Memorial Day is always May 30th but the holiday is observed on the last Monday of the month in order to create a 3-day weekend as per the Uniform Holidays Bill of 1968. Believe it or not, there are people who are quite upset about that.)

Anyway, that would make Fanime 2012 May 25th through the 28th.

Hope that helps!

ewu

If this forum had a "like" button I would use it....congrats, you made a mod LOL.

props for the wikipedia-esque response to the question.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: AngrySean on July 29, 2011, 01:55:46 AM
Memorial Day is always observed on the last Monday in May.  (Technically speaking, Memorial Day is always May 30th but the holiday is observed on the last Monday of the month in order to create a 3-day weekend as per the Uniform Holidays Bill of 1968. Believe it or not, there are people who are quite upset about that.)

Anyway, that would make Fanime 2012 May 25th through the 28th.

Hope that helps!
Thank you very much! That was very informative  ;) no one is stealing my fanime! Haha