How tall are you?

Started by Mister_E, May 05, 2008, 11:50:45 PM

michiko nakano

yes, but when your legs are too long and your quads and butt are too big but your waist is too small for your pants, it sucks having to wear boys pants or leggings or long skirts all the time.  Luckily now that I have a sewing machine i can alter all my clothes to fit and get a few more years' use out of them. 

also, having a long torso means that all those cute short dresses you see adorable average or shorter girls wearing, make me look like a slut and thus i never get to wear them...  :-[

you fun-sized ladies get to wear all the cute dresses  :D

Moonblossom

Michiko, this is gonna sound nutty, but have you ever tried maternity dresses? They're made much longer in the torso to accommodate the belly, but if you don't have a belly they just hang down long and straight. Most of my dresses and formal tops are maternity wear, because I am so big in the bust (F or G cup depending on the bra) and I have such a long torso, but my waist is narrow.

Any "normal" tops either are too short, or don't fit me in the bust. Or if they do fit me in the bust, they're *enormous* everywhere else. The way most maternity stuff is cut, it's meant to flare out over the ribs and tummy, so it looks more normal XD

Mi Feng

I'm 5'1". But I'm Asian so I guess thats average. XD

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: michiko nakano on March 21, 2010, 08:53:17 PM
also, having a long torso means that all those cute short dresses you see adorable average or shorter girls wearing, make me look like a slut and thus i never get to wear them...  :-[

you fun-sized ladies get to wear all the cute dresses  :D
Some of those cute, short dresses make even us average folks look like a slut. >.>; Because they are a little too short.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Sandwich

It sucks being 5'0". ( ._.) Whatevs though. I can wear shoes with a tall heel if I want to look tall, but tall people can do no such thing if they want to be short. ( - w-)

michiko nakano

yup...lolita looks best on you guys!

JohnnyAR

I am around 5'7" I'm really short compared to my classmates. Hell even my brother is nearly as tall as me, and he is gonna be 12 years old.

michiko nakano

Quote from: Moonblossom on March 21, 2010, 10:04:59 PM
Michiko, this is gonna sound nutty, but have you ever tried maternity dresses? They're made much longer in the torso to accommodate the belly, but if you don't have a belly they just hang down long and straight. Most of my dresses and formal tops are maternity wear, because I am so big in the bust (F or G cup depending on the bra) and I have such a long torso, but my waist is narrow.

Any "normal" tops either are too short, or don't fit me in the bust. Or if they do fit me in the bust, they're *enormous* everywhere else. The way most maternity stuff is cut, it's meant to flare out over the ribs and tummy, so it looks more normal XD
omg!  genius!  i will check that out next time i go clothes shopping!

i think i am pretty much done growing, i'm nineteen in a couple weeks, so maybe from here on out i can just keep repairing my clothes.  As for new clothes, I can make them now that i have a sewing machine.  Dance clothes are hard though, because i don't have a serger and you need one to make leotards  :-\ 

Being tall is nice when you can help your short friends' families put up their Christmas lights without a ladder.  Saved them a lot of trouble.

Moonblossom

Just be prepared when the sales clerks look confused, or laugh XD The ones at the store I go to know me now, but the first time they started in with the "when are you due, is it a boy or a girl?" chit-chat and I had to explain wtf I was doing XD

And yeah, sometimes it's got advantages. I work in a store, and I very rarely have to get the ladder out for normal use - only for overstock and cleaning the shelf above the racks.

michiko nakano

yeah, one of the disadvantages is that for some reason ALL young children feel the need to climb on me.  i guess i resemble a climbing post.

udonoodle

Quote from: Moonblossom on May 06, 2008, 08:36:26 PM
Chiri is like, armrest height.

<.<

>.>
better then being armpit-rest height like myself
thats what i get for being the only 5'3"-ish person in a house of 6'2ers
bah humbug

Shinsengumi

You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Mister_E

My girlfriend is 20 and she is 4'8''
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

HeyItsMeeEE

I'm 5'11'', and I prefer tall girls with nice legs ^_^
SUP?

Death_Note_Matt

Another Player has Entered the Game

danielvutran

5'2 and I'm an asian guy :> ANYONE INTO CHIBIS?!

Echo♔

I'm 5'9" and very thin.

Stay focused. Keep dreaming.♔

peachmog

Elizabeth Bennet: I've been so blind.

AuroraDreamer