Going to Fanime alone?

Started by SirVincent, May 02, 2009, 10:25:05 PM

SirVincent

Well in going to Fanime alone for the first time and like many of the people on here I'm a little apprehensive about going to fanime with out knowing anyone. So I will will put my name here and the days i will be at fanime for, and some info about my self. In the hope that other people that are going by them selves or who are just looking to make more friend will do the same and then we can all meet at fanime and no longer be all alone.

anyway
my name is Vincent
I'm 21 years old
this is the 2nd time going to fanime
I will be there from Thursday to Monday
I will be cosplaying as alexander from hellsing
and i hope to make may friends this year ;D

Some times you have to get away for it all and other times you must get back to it all.

FinalShadows

Aww don't go alone! That's boring :[ I remember going alone for one year.. and there was absolutely nothing to do. No conversations with people, no nothing! Hey, if you want to hang out with me, you are more than welcome to. I usually walk around the place going to the exhibit halls and some panels. I sometimes go back to my hotel to lay on the comfy bed and whatnot. But anyhow, feel free to hang out with me :]. I'll either be in a Roy Mustang outfit or a Mr. Chang from Black Lagoon.

Also for anyone else out there who feel lonely and need a person to hang out with, you guys are welcome to hang out with me. I'm not the best entertainer in the world, but I'm pretty open minded. So free free to talk to me ;]. Have a great Fanime everyone!

-Peter
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

TC X0 Lt 0X

I'm always willing to hang out with people at Fanime. When I learn the schedule we will see.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Dagger-6

Hey Vincent,

Daniel, 21years old.  This is my...4th time I think, and I should be there friday to monday.

I remember going to Fanime alone.  It's still pretty interesting, and I was able to chat to random friendly people.  Just be willing to approach people and ask or comment on things, such as "hey, I like your costume", or talk more with people who might have things to say about yours.  It's a pretty good conversation starter, and I'm sure you'll have a good time. =)

Compared to the average person that attends and anime convention, I don't watch too many, but I've tried to catch the remade Hellsing series.  It's been pretty enjoyable.

There's already a couple of people offering to group up with you, which is good.  If you find yourself by yourself and want to grab a bite to eat or something, I'd be willing to meet up.  Food's always a good social activity.

I'll be working on the rover staff, and I'll try and wear my old MGS2 soldier outfit from time to time.  But those russian boots are terribly painful...

Anyways, if you want, I can PM you my cell number.  Just don't give it out to strange dating or credit card websites.

Trumby

I'll be going alone as well, though I kind of prefer to not go with anyone, that way I can do pretty much whatever I want and not be tied down by them. Though making new friends is always a good thing at cons.
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)

xXunyuuXx

Last year I went with 17 of my friend...
got swept away in the crowd in the lobby of the hotel and was alone for four hours *^*
They didn't know I was gone till they went to eat dinner and turn around wondering what I wanted to eat.
While they were all the way at Micky D and I was...somewhere ;o;

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: xXunyuuXx on May 04, 2009, 07:17:08 PM
got swept away in the crowd in the lobby of the hotel and was alone for four hours *^*
They didn't know I was gone till they went to eat dinner and turn around wondering what I wanted to eat.
Reason to keep cell phones.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 04, 2009, 07:22:05 PM

^(; _ ;)^
If only I have one...

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: xXunyuuXx on May 04, 2009, 07:32:28 PM

^(; _ ;)^
If only I have one...

(;_;)

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

BlueCharisma

Sound like a scene from Lucky Star
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MJK7qgokHk at 2:40

I have a feeling i'm going to ditch my friend atleast a few hours each day and I am interested in meeting new people.

Mordyan

I rather enjoyed going alone. It allowed me to do whatever I want without worrying about someone else. I have met a lot of new friends at Fanime that way.

Now that's not to say that I haven't had roommates. They have been friends from up where I live or, like last year and this year, my brother. We just have the understanding that I will be doing my own thing and if we meet up cool, if not no worries.

I go to Fanime to do things and hang out with people that I don't normally get to. But it is really cool to meet new people at Fanime so have fun with that!

macaulayman

This is my first year at fanime and I'm really lookinmg forward to it, and yes I'm going alone. Of course, I'm also doing panels there so I've got things to do and so forth. But I do hope to meet lots of people , it sounds like a great con!

XpHoBiaX

This, I think, is my 5th consecutive year. I randomly wander everywhere, but people seem to know me wherever I go. I am notorious for falling in with random groups of people, or making my own group. I wouldn't mind wandering around and hanging out with random people.

I love the peoples.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: BlueCharisma on May 04, 2009, 11:15:39 PM
Sound like a scene from Lucky Star
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MJK7qgokHk at 2:40

I have a feeling i'm going to ditch my friend atleast a few hours each day and I am interested in meeting new people.

I remember that *^*
Got swept away by a crowd of people and took hours to get back ;o;

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 04, 2009, 08:02:41 PM
Quote from: xXunyuuXx on May 04, 2009, 07:32:28 PM

^(; _ ;)^
If only I have one...

(;_;)

(>; o ;)>
*Runs towards you*

Eboni ninja

Last year I was with a my friend and boyfriend at the time but I was basically alone cuz my friend stayed in the video game room that whole time and my lazy ex stayed in the hotel. So I know what it is like to be alone at a con and it could get lonely. This time I'm bringing a friend who never been to a con and one who didn't go last year so we'll stick, but we love meeting new people at gathering and waiting in line and whatnot. I hope to meet new people and make new friends as well. It's coming up so fast and I haven't finished my cosplays yet.
Cosplays for Fanime 2011:

ELDEMONIO

Well, its my first year.

I was planning on going alone too since everyone I know hates anime.:(

I wouldn't mind kicking it with you or the others here.

Once the scheduales are out then we can kick it together with others here.

Sadly, I'll be their until 4pm since I then have to go to school and be in a play on friday.:(

Saturday is the sam ething and I 'm planning on staying up and dancing in the night time event. ;D

Dragon Ninja

This is my 2nd year at Fanime, and I'm going alone again. But I would like to meet and hang out with some of you.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

havok rt

Well I've only gone to fanime by myself...and it awesome!!! Just don't be an ass and you'll have a good time.
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

Barnes

I always go by myself. But I do sometimes hang out with friends. Then again, sometimes freedom>friends for me.
What? Quack!
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes