Main Menu

Recent posts

General Convention Discussion / Re: Staff exodus?
Last post by UwUvon - February 24, 2024, 10:56:40 PM
Yeah no the messages and resignations have been pouring over on Facebook...
Panels and Workshops / History in Mononoke panel?
Last post by UwUvon - February 24, 2024, 10:45:22 PM
Hello fellow Fanime peeps!

I submitted a panel about the Historical references in Princess Mononoke! Would be interested in chatting about the concept and get input!
Video Programming / Re: Midnight Madness 2024! Do...
Last post by Kirtro - February 23, 2024, 07:28:52 PM
Quote from: HunterZero on February 23, 2024, 05:36:55 PMMidnight Madness Stream this Saturday!     

Saturday, February 24, 2024 
11PM - 2AM 
All times Pacific

http://twitch.tv/andrevsworld 
STAY UP LATE 
WATCH VIDEOS
HEAR THE VOICES 

Real talk, Hunter Zero, with how close we were getting to the final Saturday with no word you had me worried we were skipping a month xD;
Video Programming / Re: Midnight Madness 2024! Do...
Last post by HunterZero - February 23, 2024, 05:36:55 PM
Midnight Madness Stream this Saturday!     

Saturday, February 24, 2024 
11PM - 2AM 
All times Pacific

http://twitch.tv/andrevsworld 
STAY UP LATE 
WATCH VIDEOS
HEAR THE VOICES 
Hello all,

Since most of the cosplay gathering department (if not all) have left due to toxic work environment and being overworked, I am not sure when we will be signing up officially for a gathering slot. I will keep an eye out and update this post and the FB page as more information comes to light.

I am in full support of the Fanime cosplay gathering, gaming, and other depts taking a stance and standing up for themselves. ♥
General Anime Chat / I've been keeping up with the ...
Last post by Dreamanimeworks1994 - February 20, 2024, 03:42:44 PM
Hello, it's been a while since I posted on the Fanimecon Forums.

So recently I've been catching up with the latest anime to ever come in 2024 on Crunchyroll and I might have ran into some nice titles to add to my list.

1. Solo Leveling
2. The wrong way to use healing magic
3. The Witch and the Beast
4. Fluffy Paradise (Really cute one)
5. A sign of Affection
6. The Foolish Angel Dances with the Devil

I am thinking that "Solo Leveling" will be the best one to even come out of 2024, "The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic" is sure to make it on the list and The Witch and the Beast is very likey to have a chance to be one of the most popular animes next to Demon Slayer and Attack on Titan.

So what do you think about what I am watching and have you seen these animes yet?
Panels and Workshops / Re: Cosplay Backdrops
Last post by Angelx624 - February 13, 2024, 09:01:34 PM
Agreed, this would be a wonderful addition to the con as an official part of it! Many other cons have this, and I've been kinda surprised that Fanime hasn't had one, yet!
Panels and Workshops / Re: Cosplay Backdrops
Last post by Nina Star 9 - February 13, 2024, 10:33:36 AM
I think this is something Fanime should make space for as part of the con. Yes, Fanime has one of the better locations for photos around the convention center, but a lot of cons have cosplay backdrop rooms, and it would be an easy way to get photos without having to rely on finding and/or hiring a separate photographer. (This assumes that Fanime would have a staff photographer or two to take pictures, of course)

idk how fan events work, but I'm curious how this would work as a limited time thing, since cosplayers would need to know the scheduling of it, show up for the short window in the costume they want photos of, and take the photos in said limited time. You would also need time to set up and tear down, and would need some sort of lighting equipment.

I think it's a great idea, and a fan event can be a start, but I'd love to see this as a fixture of the con!
General Convention Discussion / Re: Staff exodus?
Last post by Nina Star 9 - February 13, 2024, 10:23:33 AM
I'm certainly worried 😅

Mostly worried for the staff, since this kind of thing happens after years of mistreatment and not just on a whim, and I can only imagine that will get worse if they're severely understaffed.
Registration / Re: 2024 COVID Policy
Last post by Nina Star 9 - February 13, 2024, 10:12:41 AM
Quote from: apples4ryuk on January 31, 2024, 10:56:33 AMI would have preferred they kept everyone needing to be vaccinated and got rid of masks. As if the unvaccinated people are going to actually follow the mask rule, but whatever.
I'm the opposite -- I'm glad that if they're dropping something, it's the vax, because in terms of preventing transmission, masks are more effective.

Then again, I'm at high risk of serious complications of Covid and still mask everywhere anyway, even if it sucks to wear (and worse in cosplay!). I'm happy at least one con is still requiring masks, and has historically good enforcement haha