Ne Tekken fans out there?

Started by DayDreamerNessa, July 29, 2003, 08:23:47 PM

DayDreamerNessa

I was just wondering if there were other fellow fans of the Tekken series !!
I love playing this game and tekken has also came a long way. I was actually thinking of cosplaying as Xiayou from tekken 4 her grayish outfit with the pants and little jacket thingie. I remeber when i first got this game i would play the tekken force mode for hours i would get really mad cause i couldn't pass it at first cause my thoumbs hurt so bad lol

:roll:  Ne way so what are your guys fave characters????
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Tsubasa

Tekken...? -_-  Well, it's not a horrible game by any means, but I never did get much into it.  Before I knew it, I had dwelved much further into Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur and then the system from Tekken felt horrendously limiting and restricting.  I know a lot of people play it and love it, but it's not my cup of tea.  When I did play some games casually, I generally picked Xiaoyu or Hwoarang, but none of the characters really leave me with much of an impression.  They don't seem to have much personality.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

DayDreamerNessa

Yes i do agree with you about how they don't give the characters much of a personality, but with me when it comes to fighting genres, I guess I don't care if they have personalities lol, I'm mostly into graphics and overall designs...  I only have a PS2 so I don't know what other games are like.

What are the consoles Soul Calibur, and Virtua Fighter are on?? X box Game cube etc... maybe i'll be able to save some money up left over from my birthday so i could see what these games are like, because I do enjoy it when characters aren't just characters you just play, but can realte with! :)

Tsubasa

Virtua Figher 4 is for the PS2.  I suggest if you want it, get Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution.  It's an upgrade version that'll be released in a month or two.  I hear it'll be $20 too, so that's definately a plus.  Soul Calibur is available for Dreamcast.  If you wait until the end of August, you can pick up Soul Calibur II, which will be released for all three major consoles.  If you want personality in your 3D fighter characters, I suggest going with SC.  They're probably the most expressive bunch I've yet seen in a 3D fighter.  VF has some characterless fighters, but I feel that they at least have more personality than the Tekken cast.
-Tsubasa

DayDreamerNessa

WOW 20$ that is pretty nice compared to some other games that cost 50$...
I'll most likely buy Virtua Fighter Evolution that you were talking about since I already have a PS2, cause i don't have the money to buy a dreamcast right now plus Soul Calibur with it... But thanks for the info :D

kei

arghh.. can't wait until SC 2 comes out!!!!
:roll:  :|

jindo

I used to be a Tekken maniac before friend of mine taught me how to play Soul Calibur.  Tekken Force is just a waste of time... ughh hours of repeatitive levels with soldiers...  :x and after all that you only get a extra stage...

DayDreamer - use Hei or Paul to breeze through the Force mode.
If you can afford a smart phone, then you can support the industries by "purchasing" the legit goods.

jindo

I still haven't gotten used to the VF concept yet... but I might as well start on VF4 Evo since it'll be only $20.   8)
If you can afford a smart phone, then you can support the industries by "purchasing" the legit goods.

Tsubasa

Virtua Figher appeals to me because it's so darn technical.  Probably the most technical game you'll ever play.  A number of things have more strict timing requirements than Melty Blood combos and that's saying a lot.  However, for the casual gamer, if you don't want to dwelve that far into the system, it's fine too.  It's a very fun game without technical knowledge.  Once you learn too much, you start scruitinizing your game far too much.  Kinda takes some of the fun out of it, but that quest for competition keeps you going.
-Tsubasa