Bleach ( 2006 )

Started by Ichigo, June 23, 2005, 09:20:51 PM

hellangel

Quote from: "Oneiros"

My friend and I bought the same amount of fabric, though she's the only one who's actually made the outfit. She's about 5'...2", maybe, and her 3 yards worked pretty well.

3 yards for what- the whole thing??
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Oneiros

Quote from: "KindaRandomKris"My friend and I bought the same amount of fabric, though she's the only one who's actually made the outfit. She's about 5'...2", maybe, and her 3 yards worked pretty well.
Yes, was that the whole costume or 3 yards for each part?

Anyway, I kinda had in my head that maybe 2 yards each for the black top (don't know what exactly it'd be considered 0_o) and inside white lining, 3 for the hakamas, and 4 for the haoris.... Should I use more for anything? Less? Ideas are welcome ^_^

kunoichi

oh man... im planning to do young special ops yoruichi (manga version). im so excited! squee O_O yellow contacts yellow contacts!

ahhh yes!

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "Oneiros"
Quote from: "KindaRandomKris"My friend and I bought the same amount of fabric, though she's the only one who's actually made the outfit. She's about 5'...2", maybe, and her 3 yards worked pretty well.
Yes, was that the whole costume or 3 yards for each part?

Anyway, I kinda had in my head that maybe 2 yards each for the black top (don't know what exactly it'd be considered 0_o) and inside white lining, 3 for the hakamas, and 4 for the haoris.... Should I use more for anything? Less? Ideas are welcome ^_^

I do believe she used the 3 yards for the entire costume. Though, she did cheat quite a bit in the process - not making a full kimono, etc. I remember she told me she was a little disappointed in her hakama - so to be safe, I'd go with 5 yards if you're about her height.
Proud SJSU Spartan - because hell is warmer than San Luis Obispo.
-
I take random people's AIM sn's and put them on my buddylist.
And then I never talk to them and forget who they are.

Oneiros

Wow, guess I'm grossly overestimating how much we'll need =/

Thanks for the feedback ^_^

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "Oneiros"Wow, guess I'm grossly overestimating how much we'll need =/

Keep in mind when I say 3 yards, I mean 3 yards black.

Also, my friend made my haori-thingy early for me, so she could wear it on Halloween. We bought only 1 yard of the white fabric, and she made good use of it. Barely had enough, if I remember what she said correctly. I'm about 5'0", maybe a little less, and the haori came down to about midcalf.
Proud SJSU Spartan - because hell is warmer than San Luis Obispo.
-
I take random people's AIM sn's and put them on my buddylist.
And then I never talk to them and forget who they are.

phoenixphire24

My friend and I are going as 8th vice captain and 5th vice captain.

Bankai_Devil

me and my friends are going to fanime and most of us are going as bleach characters. myself will be the best one of them all Yumichika and my friends will be another part of 11th division. one is going to be Kenpachi and the other if he's able to make it will be ikkaku! :D

JME2

It's looking more likely that if I don't go as Urahara, then I'll be seen as Hitsugaya. The assembling of the costume wouldn't be a problem; the wig and sword on the other hand would prove to be a most interesting challange...

AnnoyedWabbit

in answer to questions about yardage- if you're making a short kimono on traditional lines, you should need about 4 yards total of 54 or 60 inch wide cloth(2 yards outside, 2 yards inside, and i'm estimating with quite a bit to spare)-4 strips each 15 inches wide and 40 or 50 inches long (length from your shoulder to your knee, plus some for hems and seams and whatnot) and 2 strips the right length to fold in half and make into sleeves, plus extra for the collar and the front placket things on the kimono.

a Haori is going to need about the same amount as a kimono.

Hakama, on the other hand, use ridiculous amounts of fabric because of the number of pleats they involve. I can't remember exactly how much i used, but i think it was around 5 or 6 yards.

hakama are actually bloody annoying to make right... -_-'' even if one does have experience in sewing. i can vouch that e-bogu.com carries REALLY nice ones these ones are navy blue, but you could easily dye them with Procion dye from Dharma Trading

I also reccomend the Folkwear Asian Patterns, in particular #113, #129, and #159. ^____^
Cosplay Fanime 2009:
Alcia Melchiott and Welkin Gunther (Valkyria Chronicles)
Can I actually finish this without a)failing out of my senior year and b)killing myself? Only time will tell.

LunaNeko

We'll be definately coming for Bleach gathering, I was so envious last year of all the shinigami, but didn't have costume yet.
So this year I'll be coming with my Chibi as Yachiru.  Not sure about my cosplay yet. I have Byakuya costume, but not happy with the wig, if I find better wig by then, then I will wear it, if not, I'll be someone else. We'll hook up with Bankai_Devil 11th Division crew for some awesome Kenpachi/Yachiru pictures. Hehehehe....

I bought crap load of fabric for my and Yachiru shinigami outfit and I had TONS left. Hakama doesn't really take that much of the fabric, well, depending on the size. I did size 26, I believe, and used about 3 yards of fabric. Kimono didn't take much of the fabric either. I cheated and combined pattern of kimono and martial arts gi. So it worked.

anyone doing soi fong? i kinda want to do her but her costume seems a bit complicated at least for me
Henry Ong
Marketing Staff
ex-3 minute film head
100%Bishounen meat
FOLLOW THE PATH OF THE SEXY COMMANDO!!!

Gaki

Planning on doing a Isshin cosplay (a short version of him, actually >_>) either in the suit he wore to Masaki's grave or if I can make that weird badge he had on in one of the recent manga chapters, I'll be him in shinigami form.  Gotta grow a beard though.  Might do the 7th division vice captain too if I get my sunglasses before the con.
(Not) The Head of FMVs

Fanime FMV Contest Minion 2014
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2015
Fanime FMV Contest Minion Director 2016
Fanime FMV Contest Head 2017
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2018

BSaphire

Quote from: "010"I am going to do Rukia's school uniform and my partner is going to do Ishida's :D.

I actually didn't see that many Bleach cosplayers last year. All I remember is.. Naruto :lol:.
Sorry to hear that you missed the gathering... I think the reason why you didn't see that many was because the Bleach get together was at the same time as Naruto. I shot the Bleach gathering instead of the Naruto.... check out my pics on my website and see some of the Bleach cospeeps ^^)

Till Next Time....

Anime Corrupted wishes & Deviant Cosplay dreams...
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

Quote from: "KindaRandomKris"
Quote from: "Oneiros"Wow, guess I'm grossly overestimating how much we'll need =/

Keep in mind when I say 3 yards, I mean 3 yards black.

Also, my friend made my haori-thingy early for me, so she could wear it on Halloween. We bought only 1 yard of the white fabric, and she made good use of it. Barely had enough, if I remember what she said correctly. I'm about 5'0", maybe a little less, and the haori came down to about midcalf.
I plan on attending the gathering again this year... at least to shoot, but I'd luv to cosplay. I am 6' and I make more traditional Kimono's, Haori, Happy Coats, and Hakama. Both male and female... I estimated that I will need 16 yards give or take half a yard. That is for the whole costume. I can never remember the character's name that I want to cosplay so I will post that later..... *sits and thinks....
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Nethrion

Nya! Cant wait to see all of them :3
Sadly I can't go as any char. I know so far since my hair is an awkward length and awful texture; that, and I am nowhere near as fit as any of them :/

Finni

I did Hinamori last year at Fanime (and many people called me Rukia.  =__=;;; ) and did Soi Fong at AX (chopped off all my hair, lmfao) and this year at Fanime06 I'll be cosplaying Shinigami Academy version Hinamori.
[size=10]Fanime'06 :: Hinamori Shinigami-academy (BLEACH) :: Acolyte (Ragnarok Online) :: Sasori (Naruto) ::

JME2

I just can't make up my mind, now can I? It's not set in stone yet, but the option to go in Ishida's unfirom (non-Shinigami or school) has opened up and I have a good feeling about this one.

phoenixphire24

I just bought my sewing pattern! I can't wait till it gets here and I can start sewing. Looks like it's going to be a lot of fabric; luckily it's mostly black. :D

Yukari Kaiba

maybe we should make a list of people who are going and what character they are going to cosplay, just so we can get an idea of how many people are going to be there.just an idea ^^
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)