The Comedy Club at Fanime 2012(Update: 05/05/2012)

Started by Glitch, December 03, 2011, 01:46:46 PM

Glitch

It's time once again for Stand-up comedy, otaku style(hard to believe it's been four years since the first one). We're gonna get ready to make Fanime rofl.
Just waiting for staff approval before we can start dancing in joy(at least I will XD ).  We are approved and good to go.  ;)

UPDATE: 05/05/2012
Our scheduled time is Saturday May 26th, from 7pm to 9pm in Panels 3. (Same room as last year)
Please show up at least 15 minutes before the show starts.
Here's the order of the performances:
Glitch(me)
Dr. Scientist
Registered Trademark
PassLion
Gaspar
Fazio
Johan Miranda
Soap
James Smith
Dennis Pham
Sanosukesama
Trung Truong
G.

If you have any questions or concerns about the list message me.

Update: 04/24/2012
Fanime is really close.(boy that was fast) Here's what's going on.
Each comedian gets 8 minutes. Waiting list people get five minutes.
I further explain this in the email I sent to everyone.
Respond on this thread or email me to let me know you are still interested in performing at Fanime.

UPDATE: 03/27/2012
Just a quick note I should have mentioned a while ago. This panel is 16+. You do plenty of dirty jokes, but just don't go into graphic detail about bodily fluids and other gag reflex inducing humor. XD

Also, you can still sign up. If there is time left over at the end of the panel, I'll let an extra person perform.

UPDATE: 03/15/2012
And we have our time and location. It is Saturday from 7pm to 9pm in Panels 3. The same room as last year. We are two hours this time.(the last time this happened was in 2009)
Even though we are in a waiting list, don't be afraid to apply. Things happen and we never know if somebody will drop out. so far, nobody on the waiting list yet.

UPDATE: 03/05/2012
Good Cthulhu, did a lot of new people sign up!
For now, new sign ups are on a waiting list. Don't worry if you wanted to sign up, you may still have your chance. so don't be discouraged.
You're on the waiting list if you received an email very explicitly saying so.

UPDATE: 02/21/2012
So here it is ladies and gentlemen. How to apply. Newbies and experienced comedians are all welcome.

Send an email with the following info.
Actual name (yes, it'll be kept private upon request):
Email:
phone number I can reach you during the convention:
How you want to be introduced before your performance(otherwise I just say your name):

Email to [email protected]. Make sure to put "COMEDY CLUB" in the subject line(any questions you have can also be sent to this address).
People who have performed in previous years at the comedy club get guaranteed spots.

And also be ready to memorize and time your sets, and make sure it is comedy relating to anything geeky(that's kind of a given but just to clear all bases).

The Doctor

I'm interested in giving it a go, again.

schoolgirlhalo

I wanna be in it. What's the process to enter?

Glitch

Quote from: schoolgirlhalo on February 20, 2012, 01:17:26 PM
I wanna be in it. What's the process to enter?
I'll be setting up the procedure later tomorrow. It'll be the same as last year.

Glitch

Fazio

havok rt

Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

Glitch

Awesome. We already got some applications coming in.

schoolgirlhalo

sent my email. Is there a criteria for spots, besides those who participated last year?

Glitch

Quote from: schoolgirlhalo on February 26, 2012, 12:14:55 AM
sent my email. Is there a criteria for spots, besides those who participated last year?
Got your email.
It's pretty much first come,first serve for spots. I am pretty confident that everybody that applies will be in the show. Since we're two hours this year, we have a comfy amount of time.

TheMaKaKi

Is this for experienced comedians or do you accommodate newbies? :)
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

Glitch

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on February 27, 2012, 01:28:58 AM
Is this for experienced comedians or do you accommodate newbies? :)
It's for anybody who wants to try. A huge chunk of our performers started out as newbies when they first did this panel(that includes me). As long as you think you got the desire to tell jokes and not get stage fright, you're good.

In case anybody was wondering, there is no audition process.

G-Force

Why hello there Fanime comedy club, you will always be my favorite spot to perform at.

Admiral Donuts

E-mail sent (Name: James). I've been working on my set for a while now, and I'll try to adjust for time once the line-up is confirmed.

Glitch

Glitch

animeerax

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Glitch on December 03, 2011, 01:46:46 PM
Just a quick note I should have mentioned a while ago. This panel is 16+. You do plenty of dirty jokes, but just don't go into graphic detail about bodily fluids and other gag reflex inducing humor. XD

Oh good, now the problem is having too long a set than too short.

...how many minutes should we be aiming for?

The Doctor

I'm wondering about the time also. Instead of adding an extra person, why not allow extra time? I mean, within reason.

Fazio

Quote from: The Doctor on April 01, 2012, 06:11:59 PM
I'm wondering about the time also. Instead of adding an extra person, why not allow extra time? I mean, within reason.

Totally agree.  How much time do we get anyway?