A question about the Kamijo event

Started by Rapture7thHomunculi, May 05, 2006, 10:58:43 AM

Rapture7thHomunculi

Hey all, I'm going to the con this month and I just found out yesterday that Kamijo was going too be there this time!!! I'm unbelievably psyched about that and I'll have to make sure I remember go to and find his panel because I've never visited a panel thing before. Don't even know where it is.

Anyway, my question is, other then pictures, the dinner, and all the nice confirmed stuff - will we be able give him something kinda personal? Like a little gift or fan letter? I haven't heard any news about it anywhere though I expected someone to ask.

Totally unrelated so just tell me if it's wrong to ask here or not but: Why are some people saying that Fanime hasn't been so good for the last 2 years? I guess I'm still a noob when it comes to Fanime because this is my second time going so maybe I'm just out of the loop or something? I was there last year with my veyr closest friends and some people from my anime club. We all had a blast.
Without simplicity there would not be creativity. So stop complainning.

"Yes, I'm a girl, if you've got a problem with that, don't be surprised if Kitsune_shadow pwns you at Resistance: Fall of Man. Yeah."

shinigami_babe

Quote from: "Rapture7thHomunculi"Totally unrelated so just tell me if it's wrong to ask here or not but: Why are some people saying that Fanime hasn't been so good for the last 2 years? I guess I'm still a noob when it comes to Fanime because this is my second time going so maybe I'm just out of the loop or something? I was there last year with my veyr closest friends and some people from my anime club. We all had a blast.

Well I've been going to fanime for 5 years now, and I agree with the whole it's been going downhill for the past two years, because in the previous years before those I really enjoyed fanime and what they offered such as

-guests that appealed to me
-free goodies from sponsors, i love that stuff what happened to it?!  :cry:
-some of the volunteers/staff being jerks

anyways this year seems to be taken a turn for a better I'm really excited about

-the changes in the masquerade
-interest in one of the new guests ( I wish I could say I was interested in more than just one though ~_~)

So i'm hoping to enjoy myself more this year.

Caskas_lyrik

Quote from: "Rapture7thHomunculi"Hey all, I'm going to the con this month and I just found out yesterday that Kamijo was going too be there this time!!! I'm unbelievably psyched about that and I'll have to make sure I remember go to and find his panel because I've never visited a panel thing before. Don't even know where it is.

Anyway, my question is, other then pictures, the dinner, and all the nice confirmed stuff - will we be able give him something kinda personal? Like a little gift or fan letter? I haven't heard any news about it anywhere though I expected someone to ask.

You know I was actually going to bid on a one of the Sunday night Dinners and I was thinking about a gift too...I don't think it would be a problem....Just as long as it wasn't some HUGE gift.  I dunno....
I know Pictures are $5 at the Autograph signing.  But if you win the dinner on E-bay then you get unlimited pictures  :twisted:
If you con't go to the dinner, I know last year at the ZZ autograph signing fans gave them gifts...I don't see anything wrong with it...

Tony

Quote from: "Rapture7thHomunculi"Hey all, I'm going to the con this month and I just found out yesterday that Kamijo was going too be there this time!!! I'm unbelievably psyched about that and I'll have to make sure I remember go to and find his panel because I've never visited a panel thing before. Don't even know where it is.
Actually I don't know if he'll be having a panel.

But he WILL be performing. Saturday, May 27th, at 4pm I believe. And he'll be in the Dealers Room on Saturday and Sunday, I think.

QuoteAnyway, my question is, other then pictures, the dinner, and all the nice confirmed stuff - will we be able give him something kinda personal? Like a little gift or fan letter? I haven't heard any news about it anywhere though I expected someone to ask.
I don't see why not. He will be taking pictures and signing autographs, so you may as well get in line and then politely offer him a gift when its your turn. (Just don't be surprised if he's a little confused, because it can be unexpected.)

QuoteTotally unrelated so just tell me if it's wrong to ask here or not but: Why are some people saying that Fanime hasn't been so good for the last 2 years? I guess I'm still a noob when it comes to Fanime because this is my second time going so maybe I'm just out of the loop or something? I was there last year with my veyr closest friends and some people from my anime club. We all had a blast.
I'm glad you enjoyed last year. ^_^

I wouldn't say it's going downhill. Personally, I haven't been interested in attending FanimeCon in years... because I'm not as much into anime as I used to be. I think everyone gets tired of attending conventions for the sake of the convention at some point or another. Eventually you go for the fans there (which is true of a lot of our members) or you go if there's some major event going on that you're really interested in. I think that's what's at work here.

Besides, 2002 and 2003 were pretty big years, especially guest-wise.

Fact is, we've been going through a lot of growing pains the past two years. We changed venues, have a lot more staff, and the number of members has doubled. It's very complicated, and maybe one day I'll write about it. Growing takes time, effort, and money... but at our core we are By Fans, For Fans ... we don't want to sell out to grow artificially.

It just takes some time.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Rapture7thHomunculi

Ahhhhh, well I'm glad that I might get a chance to give him my gift, I've been a LAREINE fan for a couple weeks and I adore Kamijo so I'm very happy. So if he doesn't have a panel I guess I'll have to give it too him when I get my picture taken? That seems like the only chance.

Ahh~! I was wondering about the whole Fanime thing, I really like it though I haven't been around as long as others. All the guests I've wanted too see have all appeared at other cons when I was much younger so I can't express any regret in lack of good guests. All things go through growing pains, including Fanime, regardless of what happens I will continue to support it and maybe I can be part of that staff in later years. I guess I look at it this way, if we get through the bad streak now it will flourish even more later!! Corny, isn't it? Thanks for answering the questions.
Without simplicity there would not be creativity. So stop complainning.

"Yes, I'm a girl, if you've got a problem with that, don't be surprised if Kitsune_shadow pwns you at Resistance: Fall of Man. Yeah."