Karaoke Contesant Chat Thread [2013]

Started by SuperSheba, April 23, 2013, 06:12:48 PM

Cloud

Yes Jackie, it's Kaya :) I want to try open-mic this year as well, so perhaps I'll see you guys there too!

Christin- They're both really nice songs! I'm sure you'll sound great.

SuperSheba

Quote from: Cloud on April 25, 2013, 09:02:29 PM
Yes Jackie, it's Kaya :) I want to try open-mic this year as well, so perhaps I'll see you guys there too!

Christin- They're both really nice songs! I'm sure you'll sound great.

Sweeeeeeet.  So Kaya, one of your high school classmates (she was in PE with you your freshman year, I think) is in my French class.  It's an upper division French class. :b

Asa_Gohan

Anyways, these are the choices that I'm currently contemplating this year.  Since I can't reach those nice notes, but I somehow found out that I can definitely spit some lyrics!

Thank You by Home Made Kazoku
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvYuf4r-8xk
Shounen Heart by Home Made Kazoku (Cant find a normal version anywhere on youtube :<)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlVIjmTtJD0
To All Tha Dreamers by Soul'd Out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ZKXTx2yqw
Luv Sic pt 3 by Nujabes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyoYf7rZVGI

I'm mostly looking at the top three tho since you can find TV versions of all of those.  Also, any help on finding what key theyre singing in?  I'm having a lot of trouble finding it D:

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

himitsu_

Hey *waves* Nice to meet you guys.
I will hopefully be a first time contestant this year, fingers crossed and knock on wood.
Last year I missed signups :P

I'm more of a cosplayer and dancer so this should be interesting.

r3za1264

Quote from: SuperSheba on April 23, 2013, 10:09:25 PM
Quote from: Nina Star 9 on April 23, 2013, 07:37:17 PM
Debating entering...
I don't tend to enter the Fanime contests (though I did last year -- I was the GitS cosplayer who butchered an EGO-WRAPPIN' song), but I'm still tempted.

I'll be doing a ton of open mic, though, so there won't be any shortage of singing from me. ;) I'll probably be there mostly Friday after the contest (likely cosplaying Julia from Cowboy Bebop) and Saturday evening/into the night (likely in my super lazy Mom Lalonde cosplay), and I do have some themed songs planned, to go with the cosplays.

I've been tempted to do all three Fanime contests one year. I have an idea for Accoustikaraoke, but I'd need a decent group for it, and I haven't bothered to get one together and do this. This will be my first year doing the Karaoke Gong show as well, though my sister usually enters. Be sure to look for me -- I'm planning on wearing a...err...modified fancystuck!Rose cosplay. You'll all (hopefully) understand why the modifications once the act begins. (the Rose cosplay is just because I'll be coming back from the B&W Ball, there's no deeper meaning, though it does add an extra layer of...something. not entirely sure what.)

Good luck to everyone who enters all the contests! <3

I always wish my friend who plays bass lived closer to me so she could enter Acoustickaraoke! with me.  We used to jam.  If I could find someone to accompany me on guitar or something, I'd so enter. :b

I'm definitely planning to enter the regular karaoke contest.  I have a song for finals, but am still trying to pick the one for qualifying.  It looks like this year we only get 2:00 instead of 2:30 like we used to, so I need to find a song that shows off what I've got within a 2:00 timeframe.

Id be down to jam with you one day ^^ i play guitar and bass, but my bass amp blew up lololol~ but yeah! If youd like to jam, thatd be awesome! I havent played with someone elae in ages! haha

Hero99

It'll be my first time attending the con as well as this karaoke contest. I'm thinking about doing "The Homework Never Ends" (English Version) from Yu Yu Hakusho and POSSIBLY "Beauty of Destiny" from Persona 4: The Animation.

*Shivers* Beauty of Destiny is going to make my lips fall apart from the beginning to the end. ^_^;;

Cloud

Quote from: SuperSheba on April 25, 2013, 10:47:47 PM
Sweeeeeeet.  So Kaya, one of your high school classmates (she was in PE with you your freshman year, I think) is in my French class.  It's an upper division French class. :b

Yeah, I saw your post on facebook! Upper division... that's pretty impressive. I see her around the campus every so often.

SuperSheba

It totally blew my mind, haha.  Can't wait to see you at con!  I'm so excited to hang out with everyone. <3

Cloud

Quote from: SuperSheba on April 27, 2013, 05:00:39 AM
It totally blew my mind, haha.  Can't wait to see you at con!  I'm so excited to hang out with everyone. <3

haha same! I can't wait to see you and everyone else at Fanime! Just one more month to go XD

yoshi4sushi

i was a little nervous last year, but i will be more confident this time. 

Moogleborg

RIDER.....HENSHIN!!

TOH!!

Anyways, this will be my first time (hopefully) singing at the Karaoke contest as well. :) I'm hoping to sing 'Let's Go Rider Kick' and hopefully another Kamen Rider theme at the contest this year! :D
Running on moé, 24/7/365.