Bartender!

Started by LastElixir, October 17, 2006, 11:47:18 PM

LastElixir

After watching the first episode of this new series, I really cannot wait for the second.

Simply put, this is going to be a really good series.

It's probably not everyone's glass of cocktail. The episodes are most likely standalone just as the manga is, and the pace is relaxing. The story unfolds itself in a unique way and puts you in the mind of the customer. Lastly, I freakin cannot believe its narrated by the famous Leo Morimoto!

If you like calm relaxing series like Mushishi and Aria the animation, I highly recommend this series. Atleast check out the first episode. :)

discuss

J

-zoxan-

I loved the first episode. It's so awesomely different from every other series that I've watched, and it's a really welcome change.

I cannot fully agree on their explanation of the term "Bartender" though. One who makes the bar of wood tender is bartender? Maybe. I thought it was one who "tends" to the bar, taking care of the whole place and making sure everything was fine and everyone was happy. I can be wrong though.

Let the "Unlimited Drink Works" begin XD

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~

LastElixir

UNLIMITED DRINK WORKZ!

j

pockystix

nice, Elixir. ;P

I was interested in this series when I looked through this season's lineup, and I'm glad it got good reviews. Ah, so much anime to watch this season~
New sn = Meirin

Moogleborg

Interesting....bieng a certified bartender myself...I should try to look into this series! ^^
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

LastElixir

Quote from: "Moogleborg"Interesting....bieng a certified bartender myself...I should try to look into this series! ^^

DO IT! :)

-zoxan-

Ano.............

I can't find anymore episodes. What's going on? I could only get the first. x.x

LastElixir

Quote from: "-zoxan-"Ano.............

Bartender took a week off so the next episode will air on the 29th.

j

-zoxan-

Quote from: "LastElixir"
Quote from: "-zoxan-"Ano.............

Bartender took a week off so the next episode will air on the 29th.

j

Boy, I'm relieved.

GokuMew2

-zoxan-, I love your avatar. Archer hardly gets any love. .;_;

Anyway, just wanted to point out that Mizushima Takahiro, one of the guests at Fanime 2006, is in this series! I think he's the main character? I haven't actually watched it yet, but his name is listed first, so yeah... I've heard good things about this so I should pick it up sometime.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

-zoxan-

DO IT!

Yarr, Bartender hardly gets any love here.

Emerge

hehe...i read some fan speculation that said the bartender (i dont know his name) is azuma kazuma from yakitate japan as an adult :D

-zoxan-

Dammit, no one's subbing it!

BP!

There are 2 known groups.

Studio ADTRW
Lunar Anime

They both have Bartender 01 out.
Neither has 02 out though.
Cooking is a gift from the gods, spices are a gift from the devil...looks like it was a little too spicy for you. -Sanji

-zoxan-

Lol, I should've said "Dammit, no one's subbing 02!!" ^^;

I read somewhere(I believe it's Animesuki forums, I might be wrong though.)  that Studio ADTRW is only doing the first, and it's Lunar or nothing. Lunar has released episode one as a 720p HD .mkv file too lol.

S^M has 02 raw, but I can't understand much when I see a raw, unlike a particular "someone" I know. *shakes fist* XD;;;

LastElixir

Quote from: "-zoxan-"Lol, I should've said "Dammit, no one's subbing 02!!" ^^;

I read somewhere(I believe it's Animesuki forums, I might be wrong though.)  that Studio ADTRW is only doing the first, and it's Lunar or nothing. Lunar has released episode one as a 720p HD .mkv file too lol.

S^M has 02 raw, but I can't understand much when I see a raw, unlike a particular "someone" I know. *shakes fist* XD;;;

muaaafafafafa feel the power of the language hacker!

and why the hell do people keep subbing stuff in mkv? is avi THAT bad? come on, avi forever.

im sure lunar will get to ep 2, cuz it's the bombbee!

j

-zoxan-

YES!!!!~~~~~~~

I have been proved WROOOOOOOONG. I am so happy that I have been proved wrong.

GO ADTRW! They have come out with episode 2ooooooooooooooooooooooooo XD

-zoxan-

I like it how every ending has the bartender making a new drink. And it's not even animated - it's live action. That's where it rules. Go Bartender!

LordKefka

In case anyone still cares, Bartender is done. 11 episodes of awesomeness. So go check it out if.. yeah... people are still alive for this..
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Moogleborg

Quote from: "LordKefka"In case anyone still cares, Bartender is done. 11 episodes of awesomeness. So go check it out if.. yeah... people are still alive for this..

11 episodes for Bartender? ^^ Okay...i'll take a look at it when I get the time! ^_^
Running on moé, 24/7/365.