7 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Huh?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: May 18, 2007, 07:09:54 PM

heeroyuy135

I'm taking a different approach into remembering what to buy at FanimeCon, as well as other details. I'm keeping a text document that outlines what my shopping list is, my budget goals, gathering information, and anything else that could be important (especially info on my Darkain.com photoshoot that I reserved). I plan on importing this list (which is updated whenver I think of something to add) to my iPod so that I have the list handy at the convention.

yumicchi88

i need to do that.
especially budget trackings.
and some what to buy.
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

heeroyuy135

I also figured out how much to spend for food while I'm there...I'm going off of the Los Rios School District's recommendations for Meal Allowance (it's part of the form for Travel Authorization and Reimbursement Claim, which is used to cover expensives for district travel).

It's broken down like this:

Breakfast: $ 9.00
Lunch: $ 12.00
Dinner: $21.00
Total: $42.00

From what I figured out, I'm setting aside about $100 just to food. You don't have to follow the formula, but it's ideal.

phoenixphire24

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"I also figured out how much to spend for food while I'm there...I'm going off of the Los Rios School District's recommendations for Meal Allowance (it's part of the form for Travel Authorization and Reimbursement Claim, which is used to cover expensives for district travel).

It's broken down like this:

Breakfast: $ 9.00
Lunch: $ 12.00
Dinner: $21.00
Total: $42.00

From what I figured out, I'm setting aside about $100 just to food. You don't have to follow the formula, but it's ideal.

You left out one important catagory (unless under 21): alcohol!

:lol:

yumicchi88

i dont think i need to spend that much with food.
especially lunch and dinner.
sandwich is great with me

LadyKaren

I've done it worse!

I have the entire thing planned out.
I have the food planned down to every meal for every person who's in our group. The cost analysis and everything.

Then there's the agenda for time frames of getting there and certian events.

Then there's budgeting for tips...

Everything. I make spreadsheets for everything.

IamTetsuo

Quote from: "phoenixphire24"
You left out one important catagory (unless under 21): alcohol!

:lol:

Hehehe some of us bring our stash of alcohol from home.  Woohoo for Costco bargains!

Last year I budgeted $100 for food, but I didn't spend anywhere near that on food.  Mainly because I brought a good amount of food from home.

Also if you plan on eating room service you'll probably want to budget a lot more than $100 for food!   :P

Inuashley

I make spreadsheets for everything as well ^^ My schedule is practically full of just photoshoots and gatherings, even though the live programming schedule isnt out yet XD  I suggest you allow more than $100 for food, especially if you are going all four days.
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

Moonblossom

~.~;;

My budget is like:

Booze = most
Toys = next
Food = if money left over

God, I suck...

Mango Bunny

My budget for food is like... 10 dollars. From when I leave Friday to when I get home Monday evening. I'm bringing some snacks, but.... other than those snacks I plan to mostly starve. OR live off snacks and buy one fancy dessert. I do love fancy desserts.

My spending money is like...40 bucks. Or something. Yeah, I'm pretty poor right now.

It's all good.

yumicchi88

Quote from: "Moonblossom"~.~;;

My budget is like:

Booze = most
Toys = next

God, I suck...

inorder to survive through 4 days, you got to eat!
i know from experience (not at fanime, though)
or at least drink lots and lots of water!

Inuashley

I will actually be bringing tons of snacks with me to the con, like chips and muffins and stuff, so if you're absolutely dying of hunger, come search me out and I'll be likely to have something for 'ya ^^;; NOTE: This does not mean to stalk me for food XDD
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

FanFicGuru

I've got a 100 dollar food budget. whee...
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Moonblossom

Quote from: "yumicchi88"
Quote from: "Moonblossom"~.~;;

My budget is like:

Booze = most
Toys = next

God, I suck...

inorder to survive through 4 days, you got to eat!
i know from experience (not at fanime, though)
or at least drink lots and lots of water!

I generally don't eat much, heh. Like, one meal a day. And I drink tons of water while I'm drinking booze, so I don't get hungover :)

My dad did just give me $300 he owes me though, and I already had some money set aside, so I should be able to eat reasonably, I suppose.

FanFicGuru

My budget looks something like this:

1240 dollars:
Room/Board
645 (Room for my sisters and their friends +150 dollar deposit)
100 (Food)

Spending:

Figures- 150 (ish...)
Swords- fanime 2007 Katana (already purchased)
Wall Scrolls- 40
Soundtracks- 60
Shirts- 40
Misc. - 100

Something like that...I may only buy one figure and throw some of my money into other stuff. I'm not buying any anime or manga at the convention since I can almost always get it for much less online.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Glitch

Food: roughly 35 bucks (25 for stuff I'm brining. 10 when I eat out)
Booze: $0.00 (I plan to be wide alert for every moment of fanime.)
Merchandise:  between 40 and 70 bucks.
Hotel: roughly $300 (that includes tax)
Knowing your not gonna wake up to fanboy funk like some of your friends are: priceless

yumicchi88

food: $80 ($60 for planned, $10 for emergency)
dealer's room: no more than $150
hotel: $150
having fun at Fanime: PRICELESS!  lol

zoupzuop2

Food: $50
Arcade: $50
Transit: $40 (diff if I have a car by then)
Buying Stuff: $100 (I'm not a huge spender.)
Other Stuff: $40
YEAHNESS~ At Fanime: $Priceless

(I hid a pointless anagram in there. Why not?)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

sailordumb

omg this is how cheap I am...

Last year, I tried to spend $300 at fanime (not including hotel).  I think I got up a little over $100...

thebrain2u

For food, I'm gonna splurge on at least one meal, so I have about 30 or so saved for that. Otherwise, it's just mostly snacks and cheap fast food.