General Thread for Roommates Wanted-Fanime 2007

Started by RyuHayabusa, March 09, 2007, 11:40:43 AM

astroboy

Shortpachoo, RyuHayabusa, and I have our group......done.

BTW this thread seemed rather unusually quiet this year.

I hope everybody out there who's still looking have good luck finding a room / roommates.

later

otakuapprentice

give it about a week or two and it'll speed up, trust me.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

pockystix

New sn = Meirin

astroboy

*delicate cough*

warning! ---> my honest opinion

In all my years of anime fandom I have NEVER known of hotel crash space to be given away like free candy on Halloween. The only way a person gets *free* crash space is:

1) You actually know the person

2) You know somebody who knows somebody...

3) You're staffing for a con that gives crash space to it's staffers

Think of it this way. If you had a hotel room and wanted to give away space, wouldn't you rather give it to somebody you know (like a friend) rather then say....some random person?  :wink:

LadyKaren

Quote from: "pockystix"Ok, my friend and I really, really need a room, and like many people, we don't have enough money for a room.

Who are we:

2 Females (16 & 15)
Arrive Friday [late?]afternoon, leave Monday
Tidy and can help cook(?)
Mobile phone accessible

This is actually our Plan B, but if anyone thinks they can help us, you can fire me and email at [email protected]
We prefer mostly female roommates, but I supposed desperate times calls for desperate measures.

P.S. If there's anyone thinking up of any funny business, I am not afraid to defend myself....

Does anyone else see something wrong with this? 2 females, 15 and 16 trying to find a hotel room for free with anyone they can... at an anime convention.

I'm slightly worried about the safty implications of this.... Even with the warning at the bottom...

phoenixphire24

Quote from: "LadyKaren"
Quote from: "pockystix"Ok, my friend and I really, really need a room, and like many people, we don't have enough money for a room.

Who are we:

2 Females (16 & 15)
Mobile phone accessible

This is actually our Plan B, but if anyone thinks they can help us, you can fire me and email at [email protected]
We prefer mostly female roommates, but I supposed desperate times calls for desperate measures.

P.S. If there's anyone thinking up of any funny business, I am not afraid to defend myself....

Does anyone else see something wrong with this? 2 females, 15 and 16 trying to find a hotel room for free with anyone they can... at an anime convention.

I'm slightly worried about the safty implications of this.... Even with the warning at the bottom...

Uh yeah. Maybe they have money, but just not enough to get one for themselves(not that could get a room for themselves without someone 18 anyway)?

pockystix

Quote from: "phoenixphire24"

Who are we:

2 Females (16 & 15)
Mobile phone accessible

Uh yeah. Maybe they have money, but just not enough to get one for themselves(not that could get a room for themselves without someone 18 anyway)?

It's ok, I'm with Kazuko now. :3
New sn = Meirin

LadyKaren

Quote from: "pockystix"
Quote from: "phoenixphire24"

Who are we:

2 Females (16 & 15)
Mobile phone accessible

It's ok, I'm with Kazuko now. :3
That's good.
I feel better now.

Barnes

EDIT: ****! I had to cancel.
Sorry for the waste of time.
:(
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

CompyFranko

Hey Barnes, sent you a PM.  Tell me if you're interested.
HYPAH BEAM!

Rowen Of PTS

Okay.  So my friend and I have a huge problem on our hands.  We want to go to fanime but there are no hotels in the area available. We've always waited until the week before the con and have always gotten a room.  I don't know what the hell is different this year, but unfortunately it is.

Can anyone help us out?  Details:

-We're both 21
-We Smash
-We can bring probably any video game you've ever heard of if you don't already own it
-We make great roommates, will only contribute to the fun, and know how to have a good time.

And most importantly:

-Name a price, any price, it doesn't matter

We're desperate.  Good things are coming to whoever helps us out.  Dead serious on that one.

LadyKaren

Quote from: "Rowen Of PTS"Okay.  So my friend and I have a huge problem on our hands.  We want to go to fanime but there are no hotels in the area available. We've always waited until the week before the con and have always gotten a room.  I don't know what the hell is different this year, but unfortunately it is.

Can anyone help us out?  Details:

-We're both 21
-We Smash
-We can bring probably any video game you've ever heard of if you don't already own it
-We make great roommates, will only contribute to the fun, and know how to have a good time.

And most importantly:

-Name a price, any price, it doesn't matter

We're desperate.  Good things are coming to whoever helps us out.  Dead serious on that one.

I just sent you an email.

Go. Respond.

Voiddarkness

Need a place to stay for the whole con
Don't care if there's either males or females in the room.
Sex: Male
Sexual Preference: Straight
Interest: Yaoi, Shonen-Ai, Hentai, Comedy, Violence, a little bit of everything
Cosplayer
Non-smoker
College Student
Willing to sleep on the floor
Look for less than $100 per person
Quiet
Dancer (Ballroom, Swing, bit of rave, Blues)
Light sleeper
1/2 Filipino

Need any more info or willing to room me please e-mail or message.

LadyKaren

Quote from: "Voiddarkness"Need a place to stay for the whole con
Don't care if there's either males or females in the room.
Sex: Male
Sexual Preference: Straight
Interest: Yaoi, Shonen-Ai, Hentai, Comedy, Violence, a little bit of everything
Cosplayer
Non-smoker
College Student
Willing to sleep on the floor
Look for less than $100 per person
Quiet
Dancer (Ballroom, Swing, bit of rave, Blues)
Light sleeper
1/2 Filipino

Need any more info or willing to room me please e-mail or message.

Just sent you an email. Go. Check.

justkitteh

Hey guys, so a couple of my roomates dropped out, so, I have room for a couple extra people! Lucky you.

Should be around 60 a person for the whole con, and the only real rule is no being lame. The room is mixed, male and female, and ya... get in touch!

edit: No smoking in the room as pretty much every hotel these days is nonsmoking, but ya...

AIM: justkitteh
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 510 229 9276

Barnes

I had cancel my plan. No roomie for me after all.
What a "rotten" 24 hrs I've had so far. XD
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

veganX

Okay, so this is incredibly down to the wire.

I had roommates, they canceled (we're coming up from an Diego).  So I got more roommates, and they canceled.   I am leaving on a train to Fanime in like 12 hours, and I deserately need roommates.

The hotel reservation is Friday 3:00 PM until Monday at Noon. (three full

nights) It is at the San Jose Hilton.

80 dollars total for staying in the room three nights.

Basically, my friend and I really really laid back. I'm Vegan straightedge so I don't go to conventions to drink or look for girls or anything. My friend drinks but he represents very well, all in all.

Me (Austin): http://www.myspace.com/adrenailine

Him (Mathias): http://www.myspace.com/midusunknown

Anyone interested?  Or know anyone else who is interested?