Publications feedback

Started by Tenba, May 23, 2008, 11:50:20 PM

Tenba

Hi!

I'm head of Publications, and I wanted to start a thread for feedback and suggestions for the program guide and newsletters.

For the program guide, other than the exact dates and locations of events (which are in the schedule), did you find what you need?  Was there anything you wished we added?  Would you have preferred more pictures?  More text?  More humor?  More information?  More pages in general?  Or was it too long?  Would you have preferred fewer pages?  Did you enjoy the content, or was it too dry?

How was the map?  Was it legible?  Understandable?  Cryptic?  Did it have enough information?

For the newsletters, did you see pre-con newsletters?  If so, where did you see them?  Are you finding the at-con newsletters?  We've been distributing to the four Info Desks, the Publications table in Artist Alley, and the FanimeCon booth in the Dealers Room.  What do you think of the newsletters so far?  Were the articles informative, or were they too dry?  Is there something else we should be writing?

Any comments would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Nyxyin

I got a program guide this year when I picked up my badge.  It looks nice.  I got it signed by lots of Gainax people.  The anime section was a bit of a mess, but the Asian films section looked nice.  The titles in the schedule and the program guide didn't seem to match.

heeroyuy135

Sunara Ishi

Times for the autograph sessions were not on the schedule. And by the time they were posted on the door near artist alley, it was already the day of said session. I almost missed one I wanted to go to because I had left the item in my hotel room in the Fairmont. X.x;

Otherwise, it was good for me.

I mentioned in the other thread and this may not be something you can do on your own:
Detailed information concerning cosplayer's rights and confiscating policies would be nice. (If there is even any.) Also, basic DOs and DON'Ts concerning guests might be rather nice. Not the basic stuff we all know but stuff relative towards the guests so we don't feel afraid we might offend them.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Tenba

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on May 27, 2008, 12:38:05 AMTimes for the autograph sessions were not on the schedule. And by the time they were posted on the door near artist alley, it was already the day of said session. I almost missed one I wanted to go to because I had left the item in my hotel room in the Fairmont. X.x;
I'm sorry about that, but it takes one to two weeks to print the schedule, so we didn't have the information about the autographs and demos or the GAINAX room in time.

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on May 27, 2008, 12:38:05 AMDetailed information concerning cosplayer's rights and confiscating policies would be nice. (If there is even any.) Also, basic DOs and DON'Ts concerning guests might be rather nice. Not the basic stuff we all know but stuff relative towards the guests so we don't feel afraid we might offend them.
Those are great ideas.  Attendee rights and complaint procedures should be possible.  I'm not so sure if we'll be successful getting guest-specific etiquette information (I'm guessing you mean things like, "Please do not ask Yamaga-san about fansubs when Bandai is in the room"?), but I'll try.

Kaura117

I did NOT see a newsletter until Monday, actually, and that was the Sunday publication. Don't have a copy with me, alas, to critique, but my general impression was rather "meh."

There wouldn't happen to be an online archive of 'em, would there?

Tenba

For an online version of the newsletters, see the bottom of http://www.fanime.com/about/downloadable-flyers
I believe the URLs are supposed to get moved soon, so it might eventually become
http://www.fanime.com/2008/about/downloadable-flyers or something like that.

Eri Kagami

I saw a few of them at the info desk on the hilton side. I didn't get to see them until the last day of Fanime. The one that I was interested in reading was the masquerade winner line up. I think it would be nice to also include the series that they were cosplaying from other than the group name / number. It would give us a better message as to who won.

I also read about the Fanime mascot cosplayers. A larger, maybe medium sized, image would probably been better. After all, these characters represent Fanime. A compare shot would have been pretty spiffy as well.