Leiji Matsumoto-verse Gathering 2011

Started by matsoru, February 22, 2011, 11:52:00 AM

matsoru

FANIME 2011 LEIJI MATSUMOTO UNIVERSE GATHERING

Day: Friday, Day #1
Time: TBA
Meeting Place: TBA

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

I will be continuously checking and updating this thread with new information.

Cosplay.com forums thread:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=234230

Who will you be cosplaying?

Galaxy Express 999 (1977–1981)
junkeemunky - Tetsuro

Space Pirate Captain Harlock (1977–1979)
matsoru - Captain Harlock
tatterpixie - Tochiro Oyama

Queen Emeraldas
capeswirlinggirl - Queen Emeraldas

Gun Frontier
Vicious2003 - Franklin Harlock Jr.

Undecided

OTHER RELATED EVENTS/LINKS
Cosplay.com Leiji Matsumoto-verse thread:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=234230

Leiji Matsumoto Wikipedia entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leiji_Matsumoto

tatterpixie

Thank you so much for organizing this! ^_^ I posted over in the cos.com thread, but I'll repeat myself here -- I'll be showing up as Tochiro Oyama from Space Pirate Captain Harlock (among MANY others XD). The day works for me, too. Yay!
Fanime 2013 cosplay plans:
Tochiro Oyama (Captain Harlock)
Pinako Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist)

matsoru

It's my pleasure! I've added you to the cos.com post and will do so here as well. Thanks again for your interest!

capeswirlinggirl

YAY!!!! I'm so glad this is happening! For now please put me down as a maybe for Emeraldas (white pants version). Whether I can make it will all depend on what time the gathering is happening (*crosses fingers* please be afternoon) since I'm driving in from LA on Friday morning. I don't know if there has been talk of a time yet, but I vote afternoon, preferably after 3pm, so those of us arriving on Friday can get checked into our hotels :)

Thanks for putting this together

junkeemunky

Just gonna reiterate that I'll be Tetsuro from Galaxy Express 999! Also, I was originally thinking we should have it earlier in the day, but a valid point was made. People arriving on day 1 will need some time to get settled and unpacked a bit. Maybe have the gathering later afternoon? 3 or even later up until 5 or so.

matsoru

You're welcome, capeswirlinggirl! I will add you to the list! The version of Emeraldas you're doing is from the Queen Emeraldas OAV, right?

You brought up a good point about time constraints, and junkeemunky's suggestion of holding the gathering closer to dinner time might work for all of us! And then we can go eat at the Arcadia when the gathering ends...

capeswirlinggirl

Oh my, San Jose has a restaurant called Arcadia that close to the Convention Center!? How have I missed seeing that all these years? That's just too perfect! I love your idea Matsoru :D

And yes the version I'm doing is from the Queen Emeraldas OAV...I feel like she wears this outfit in another show as well but can't 'member right now ;)

Dany

Ooooh....I am very glad someone jumped on this. I have only recently been getting things figured out for our Fanime plans and I know I was really hoping for this!

I have to check and see when my husband and I were going to get in on Friday. I -think- we are actually coming in Thursday night, and the Vocaloid meetup is currently not until 5PM (the only other conflict I might have, and I admit that while I <3 Vocaloid, I <3 Matsumoto more so I will definitely accommodate for it *sheepish!*). With this in mind, if that's our plan and the gather is earlier in the day Friday, you could have another Harlock for sure. I just need to figure out if I should pull out Miime or jail-jammies Kei Yuki (from Endless Odyssey). I might go with Kei seeing that I have ZERO photos of her, and she would be quick to switch from if I go to the Vocaloid gather.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

matsoru

Yes, capeswirlinggirl, it's the restaurant in the Marriott lobby! :> And I just like organizing everything into their categories, so thanks for the clarification! I figured that was the version that outfit is from.

I would love to see another Captain Harlock AND a Miime or Kei Yuki at the gathering, Dany, so I think you should stick with nostalgia and commit to this gathering! ♥ I've updated the list on cosplay.com and will add you here, as well.

Dany

Quote from: matsoru on February 23, 2011, 09:36:11 PM
I would love to see another Captain Harlock AND a Miime or Kei Yuki at the gathering, Dany, so I think you should stick with nostalgia and commit to this gathering! ♥ I've updated the list on cosplay.com and will add you here, as well.

I'd love to do it too. It's just now some things have reared their head and we might not get in until later Friday. Sad Dany is sad :( As I mentioned in C-Com, if things change I will definitely pipe up, but at this point if we get do anything it won't be until evening Friday.

matsoru

I'm disappointed! I was hoping you could join us.

Dany

Quote from: matsoru on February 28, 2011, 08:37:25 PM
I'm disappointed! I was hoping you could join us.

I second the disappointment :( Maybe things will change between now and then (say, getting a half-day at work or something similar) but right now...I am an obviously sad panda :(

capeswirlinggirl

Hmm...any more on what time the gathering is? I know it was mentioned to have it more around dinner time at one point and I was thinking if it's closer to 6pm maybe Dany and any other late arrivals could still make it...

Dany

Quote from: capeswirlinggirl on March 23, 2011, 05:15:37 PM
Hmm...any more on what time the gathering is? I know it was mentioned to have it more around dinner time at one point and I was thinking if it's closer to 6pm maybe Dany and any other late arrivals could still make it...

Seconding the time thing. :D Any thoughts?

tatterpixie

I am totally flexible with time, as I'll be arriving Thursday, and I'm ALL FOR whatever it takes to get as many folks as possible together! So a close-to-6pm gather followed by a dinner at Arcadia sounds like a great plan to me. ^_^

Dany

I come bearing news! Good? Maaaaybe ;)

Without going into huge details of how it came together, my husband and I are now going to be attending Fanime on Friday all day. This means that we can make the Matsumoto meetup pretty much whenever it happens!

Needless to say, I am very happy about this, and look forward to being able to be part of things! :D

akira_chan

Count me in as Maetel, although my only worry about this being on friday is that I have to prepare for swap meet and that its the same day as the Capcom vs SNK gathering. I definitely love the idea of all of us going to Arcadia after the gathering and ever since I saw the place I thought it would be awesome to at least get a picture of us in front of the sign.

tatterpixie

Bumpity-bump! ^_^ So I have a couple friends up in San Francisco who, upon hearing that I was going to cosplay Tochiro, got the crazy notion to pull together Harlock and Emeraldas and come down to join the fun! ^_^ I don't know if they'll make the gather, due to work and such, but I'll keep you posted. *dances excitedly* ^___^

Dany

Quote from: tatterpixie on April 28, 2011, 09:16:31 AM
Bumpity-bump! ^_^ So I have a couple friends up in San Francisco who, upon hearing that I was going to cosplay Tochiro, got the crazy notion to pull together Harlock and Emeraldas and come down to join the fun! ^_^ I don't know if they'll make the gather, due to work and such, but I'll keep you posted. *dances excitedly* ^___^

We're gonna have no small amount of folks for this. I am geeked :D

Must sew up poor Miime's fingers a bit and start getting the harp tuned up.

(not that I have any playing skill yet. I'll just have to fake it :P )

Dany

Hey there,

Do we have a follow-up on the time for the meetup? Figured with 3 weeks and change to the con it would be good to see things finalized so that we can plan.

Thank you!!