Leiji Matsumoto-verse Gathering 2011

Started by matsoru, February 22, 2011, 11:52:00 AM

capeswirlinggirl

So...I just noticed that in the 2nd post of the cosplay.com thread the organizer says they will no longer be attending Fanime and that someone needs to take over the gathering  :-[ ...I'm guessing no one's taken over yet...

tatterpixie

Oh no! Um, how should we handle this? (I'd take it on except I've never organized a gather -- heck, this is only my second time cosplaying! -- and I have no clue what's involved...)
Fanime 2013 cosplay plans:
Tochiro Oyama (Captain Harlock)
Pinako Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Dany

Quote from: tatterpixie on May 05, 2011, 06:04:32 PM
Oh no! Um, how should we handle this? (I'd take it on except I've never organized a gather -- heck, this is only my second time cosplaying! -- and I have no clue what's involved...)

I -might- be able to also run it. I haven't run gathers, but I've run Masquerade groups, so it can't be too much more stressful.

Thoughts? Opinions? Nekkid stick figures dancing the hula?
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

tatterpixie

Quote from: Dany on May 06, 2011, 09:50:57 AM

I -might- be able to also run it. I haven't run gathers, but I've run Masquerade groups, so it can't be too much more stressful.

Oh man, you are a ROCK STAR. <3 I'd be more than willing to help out in whatever way I could -- I think all of us here want this to happen badly enough that we'd do whatever we needed to in order to ensure that it does.

I think the first thing that needs to happen is start a new thread and post an update in the Threads... thread. XD

capeswirlinggirl

Quote from: Dany on May 06, 2011, 09:50:57 AM

Dany, that would be fabulous!!!!  I saw that post as I was running out the door yesterday with no time to think, just panic a little! I really do want this gathering to happen, so if for some reason you can't organize it let me know and I'll be your back up ;)

I'm guessing we probably need to notify BSaphire about the change of organizer...and finally pick a time/location so we can make this gathering official!

Dany

OK. Unless someone pipes up and says other wise...I think....I can do this. Yes. *breathes*

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
:)

I'll assume for now I'mma doin' this, unles someone wants to thumbwrestle me for it XD

Regarding assistance: I'll let you all know if I need anything. My biggest challenge, given the visibility in my costume, may be photo directing. I can see, but my peripherals are a bit shot and if we're indoors, it's more challenging. I might recruit my husband for assistance there. 

Bigger thing..we have needs to handle :)

-We need a time and a place. We can't get official until we have that. My suggestion (and it's just that) is around 4-5PM, location based on what is currently available, though I am not against the courtyard by the Hilton. It's not as trafficked, but it has trees for shade and we got really nice photos out there last year. My Harlock has kindly requested that we try to avoid the main fountain area if possible.

-We need to contact BSaphire once we've got that straightened out so we can get on the "official" list and people will see it on the schedule boards.

-So I can edit top-posties, I will possibly need to make a new thread.

What would be nice:
-A new "headcount" as it were. Just to make sure who can still do it.  Also, can impact location availability. Right now, we're small but mighty, so we could be flexible. So chime in with what you're wearing!
-Arcadia.  Note that as a hotel bar/restaraunt, this could be pricey, so maybe we can just to get a photo by the sign if people don't want to eat there.

Am I missing something?

tatterpixie

YAY! We can do this! YOU can do this! ^_____^

- HEAD COUNT: I will be there as Tochiro, big hat and cloak and all. XD My friends from San Francisco MIGHT also be there if he can get out of work; they'll be doing Harlock and Emeraldas, possibly with a Mr Bird if she can build one in time. <3 So one definite, two more tentative.

- Time and place: 4-5pm sounds just fine to me! I also really like the idea of the Hilton courtyard, and I second your Harlock's request to avoid the fountains. XD

- Arcadia: I have no concerns either way. If we do dinner there, awesome; I'm equally cool with just a photo op. ^__^

capeswirlinggirl

Thank you for doing this Dany!

Head Count:Please put me down as Emeraldas. I'm also trying to convince my friend to dig out her old Maetel cosplay so that's one maybe for a Maetel.

Time and Place: 4-5pm sounds good to me too. I have no real preference for location. Oh and is the courtyard you're talking about the area between the Hilton and the Library?

Arcadia: I think it would be fun to at least get a photo op here. Normally I avoid the high priced eats at a con/hotel so it won't hurt my feelings if it's only a photo op, but if everyone wants to do dinner there I'd be fine with that as well.

akira_chan

Count me in as Maetel. I'm down for taking pictures in front of Arcadia, just don't think I'll have the time to eat there/get drinks there due to having to get ready for swap meet. 4-5pm sounds good to me, although I might just have to leave early due to swap meet since we line up at 5pm. Super stoked for this gathering and glad that we have a nice sizable group.

Dany

Hi everyone!

OK, a status report for you all.

I sent the Gatherings head a quick email just to give her a heads-up regarding the meetup. For the sake of getting something off the ground, here is the new thread that I can edit:

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16059.msg417047.html#msg417047

I've resubmitted us (so many linkies, so little time) so I'll keep you all posted. In the meantime, I would encourage all of you (and any new folks just joining us) to use the new thread.

Oh. Wow. That took some brains. And on a Monday, I don't have many to go around o.O