LEIJI MATSUMOTO UNIVERSE GATHERING 2012 - NEW REVISION 4-2-2012!!!

Started by Dany, May 09, 2011, 08:57:21 AM

tallgeese_custom2002

add me my costume is Schwanhelt Bulge fromThe Galaxy Railways

Dany

Quote from: tallgeese_custom2002 on February 27, 2012, 08:07:53 PM
add me my costume is Schwanhelt Bulge fromThe Galaxy Railways

Sweet! I don't think we had any representation from Galaxy Railways last year, so it's nice to see that series come into the picture.

Yeah, the more I'm looking at it, the more Option 2 is our best bet. What I need to do now is to see roughly how long the Old School gathering will last, so that I can place an exact time for our own setup.

Right now, I'm assuming an hour, which would put us at about 7PM for our segment.  They're also looking at the new front flowerbeds as their location (what was the fountains *makes pouty face*) so  I'm figuring not far from there.

And since we've got more than one Emeraldas planned, I think I'm pretty set on Miime for this time..unless I get a wild hair n my shoe and I decide to make La Mime (because I like the idea of a pretty black bodysuit XD)
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

tallgeese_custom2002

yeah last year I was Franklin Harlock Jr. form Gun Frontier

akira_chan

Yay, glad this gathering is happening again! Only bummer is I'm still waiting for swap meet signups to go up since I typically participate in that to pay for hotel costs and the swap meet is usually Thursday and Friday right around 5-6ish. I'm still going to try to make this gathering since I do have at least 2 costumes I can wear for this. Not sure if I want to wear Maetel again or wear Stella from Interstella 5555 or possibly make Kei Yuki's new outfit from the cgi movie or throw together a Ryuze or fix up Crystal Claire, but I'll definitely have something to wear. Also, not sure if my conductor friend will be there, but he knows about the gathering so hopefully he'll make it down. I'll also let another friend of mine know about this group since he finally finished his Count Mecha costume for ALA and not sure if he's heading to this con but if he is to bring it.

Dany

Hey Everyone!

Well, its a little less than to months to Fanime. YAY!

A few updates from your goofy organizer:

-I have put in a formal request for 7PM for our Matsumoto-specific gathering. I am making the assumption at this time that the Old School Gathering should take no more than an hour, but if that is not the case as BSaphire is aware, I'll adjust things accordingly.

To be clear...the Old School Gathering allows anything made before 2000 only. That gathering is at 6.
Our gathering allows ALL Matsumoto cosplay. That is being requested for 7 -unless- B expects a conflict (and to be honest, I have no problem removing myself after an hour from the Old School Gather).

I will be dressed as Miime, and will be joined by my husband, who will be Harlock. For those who are unfamiliar, here is what we'll look like:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2633858/

Here's your opportunity to update me with your status of what you'll be cosplaying as.  Right now, I have my "committed memory" to being Schwanhelt Bulge and Gun Frontier Harlock, and I think our Tochiro from last year. I think everyone else had to still confirm final attendance and/or characters, so I didn't want to just mark them for something too tentative if I could help it. Can you all let me know how your status is so I can update our page? Thank you SOOO MUCH!!

tatterpixie

Fanime 2013 cosplay plans:
Tochiro Oyama (Captain Harlock)
Pinako Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist)

capeswirlinggirl

Dany

Peekaboo!

No worries, the gathering has not been abandoned :) Just have been busy with real life and Masquerade things.

But I'm bumping the thread to just follow up and let you all know that everything is full on, official, and otherwise YAY for Fanime :D If you haven't finalized your cosplans, feel free to do so here and I'll see if I can get the updated list up this weekend.

WIll be great to see all of you!!

tatterpixie

So excited! ^__^ Tochiro is all ready to go -- I even found a Cosmo Dragoon (dude down the road in Harrisburg makes resin prop replicas)! Haven't made a holster yet, so I guess I can just stick it in my belt for the time being. XD I'm a little twitchy about packing it along, though, since I don't trust the TSA not to mess with the rest of the stuff in my checked baggage and ruin my other cosplay stuff. *points to user icon* But we shall see!
Fanime 2013 cosplay plans:
Tochiro Oyama (Captain Harlock)
Pinako Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist)