swap meet

Started by Jareth the Merc, January 29, 2006, 04:05:12 PM

Jareth the Merc

I was wondering , how does the swap meet room work?

Thanks

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "Jareth the Merc"I was wondering , how does the swap meet room work?

Thanks

There are experts on this, but I believe you pay for a section of ground, you display your merchandise, people will either buy them or not and at the end of the time, you pick up your stuff and leave, hopefully with a pocket filled with money, that you spend in the Dealers' Room.

The floor space this year will be in the rear section of Exhibit Hall Three on two different nights, I can't remember if it's Wednesday, Thursday or Thursday, Friday.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Sora

This'll be my first Fanime Swap Meet (one that I'll actually be a part of).
"Don't give me any orders."

Black Kawaii Kitty

:? Will the starting time of the swap meet be on the brochure with the other events? And would it be suggested we go wait for a spot as early as possible? i'm guessing it's gonna get crowded....sorry, it's my first time doing this, i'm getting nagged to sell my horde of Inuyasha stuff >.<; Oh and it's ok to sell DVD's/mangas and other stuff you bought that you don't want anymore right? >.<

Tony

We'll have info on the website shortly. Far as I know, it'll be on Thursday and Friday nights from the evening (5 or 6 pm) until some ungodly hour (10 or 11pm).

But check the website this weekend!
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Black Kawaii Kitty

:D YAY! thank you so much!X3

Eurobeat King

I am interested in reserving a spot for this year's Swap Meet at Fanime, since I have a lot of stuff to sell: anime DVD's, video-games, possibly a video-game system, CD's, art-books, posters, etc.  Usually I like to look on Thursday night but this year I would like to sell as much of my anime/video-game stuff as possible. :)

I'll also be taking pictures of cosplayers that evening, so if I do get a spot and you come by in-costume, I'll have my camera ready!  8)
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Sora

Will definitely join for sure. :D

Caskas_lyrik

I sold stuff at the swap meet last year...FYI
[b]GET THERE EARLY!!!!!![/b]
My friend and I were there almost an hour and a half early and the line was wrapped around the building...we waited two hours to be admitted into the room to sell stuff....bottom line...BE THERE EARLY!!

Sora

How early exactly?

Caskas_lyrik

I dunno If you are at the con all day friday I would just keep walking by the room that is hosting the swap meet and see if there is a line.  If you see one starting run and get your stuff..LOL
Cause it was like 10 and people had been in line since 4 that were still waiting to sell their stuff.  Also I think there is a age requirement as well...

Black Kawaii Kitty

:shock: uh oh I just hope it starts at 8-9 or later or else i'm not gonna make it X_X gotta attend the much loved Kingdom Hearts gathering :wink:

Eurobeat King

I wonder if you can buy or reserve a spot for Friday if you go on Thursday.  I would like to sell stuff on both days, and I plan to be there early on Thursday (afternoon) and even earlier on Friday (morning.)

No updates yet on the Fanime website, but I'm patient as there's still time to go.  Gives me more time to round up stuff to sell. :)

Caskas_lyrik

Quote from: "Eurobeat King"I wonder if you can buy or reserve a spot for Friday if you go on Thursday.  I would like to sell stuff on both days, and I plan to be there early on Thursday (afternoon) and even earlier on Friday (morning.)

No updates yet on the Fanime website, but I'm patient as there's still time to go.  Gives me more time to round up stuff to sell. :)

Last year it was first come first serve...I don't think you can reserve a spot.  Which I think is good cause then you have people in line who didn't know about reserving rights.

Tony

Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Black Kawaii Kitty

:shock: NOOOOOOOOOO!!! i'm one month too young to sell ;______;
Is there any way I still can, such as if a friend(18+) is there with me as the main person? :cry:

Charming_Dorian

^^^
I think you can... I believe I've seen groups of people (together) selling stuff. But don't take my word for it! (i dont want to get you in trouble...)

Vanessa

Quote from: "Tony"Sorry for the delay! It's up at http://www.fanime.com/events/swapmeet.html !

So do we pay when we get there or can we pay now beforehand for the space?

Eurobeat King

Quote from: "Tony"Sorry for the delay! It's up at http://www.fanime.com/events/swapmeet.html !

Thanks for the info! :)  So Thursday night we'll get to sell our stuff from 8 to 10 or 11pm?  Same thing (starting at 6pm) on Friday?

Also, will it be held in the sameplace as it was last year? (down the hallway closest to the Marriott-entrance)

angeljibrille

Are Staff allowed to sell stuff at the swap meet?

Thanks!
Marisa