Ball

Started by SakuraKanegawa, April 05, 2006, 05:55:27 PM

Best Nights for the Ball?

Saturday Night-7 p.m 8 p.m(Conflicts with Musicfest)
13 (31%)
Sunday Night-6 p.m-8 p.m(Conflicts with Masquerade)
5 (11.9%)
Both Days-After 10 p.m
20 (47.6%)
Dressing up? Does that mean I have to look like a penguin ala Pen-Pen?
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: May 16, 2006, 11:59:26 PM

gmontem

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Looks like this'll just be a gathering...sorry people.
Can we come up with a date, time, and location for the gathering before that one's too late, too?
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

FanFicGuru

Well Tony was saying Thursday's open all night and Saturday from 7-8PM...so those sound like the two choices at the moment.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

rubymoonIII

i say we do it satur day its better than nothing at all i guess 8-[
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

FanFicGuru

I sent an email to Tony asking to confirm Saturday from 7-8 PM to make it a Fanime BB gathering, we'll see what happens.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Karisma Black

I guess that'll have to work. Ah, well.

gmontem

Ok possibly Sat 7-8pm, but where?

Do we have a backup location and time for the gathering if that one fails?

i feel so loved!

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: "gmontem"Ok possibly Sat 7-8pm, but where?

Do we have a backup location and time for the gathering if that one fails?
Let me know too.  Cuz I want to celebrate something special wit Ruby-chan.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Leishu

Interesting.

If it's Saturday from 7-8 I'll have to be in full Sweet Lolita regalia anyway, as I need it for the immeiately following event, but I'd be glad to drop in :D
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

SakuraKanegawa

saturday is good, looks like no one can make it thursday. if you need music, it's only an hour long and someone can just bring a CD mix >.>, i will if it's necessary, so like i said before, request songs, and request them NOW. there's only one day left. (i wouldn't mind DJing myself, if that's what you need.) as far as Japanese songs go, if you want Anime track you're going to have to upload it on Yousendit.com and give me the link cause i'm limited to Jrock in that area.

gmontem

SakuraKanegawa, FanFicGuru, can you please try to leave a note by the info desk if you guys hear from Tony about the 7-8pm room (where is this again?).  And if that plan fails, please write down an alternate meeting place and time for an alternate gathering.  Oh and sign it with your username, too, so we know who wrote it.  ^^

i feel so loved!

Charming_Dorian

ah well.. I can't make it on Saturday so whatever, I guess it works out for the best (since my dress hasn't arrived from Boston yet).

SakuraKanegawa

Quote from: "gmontem"SakuraKanegawa, FanFicGuru, can you please try to leave a note by the info desk if you guys hear from Tony about the 7-8pm room (where is this again?).  And if that plan fails, please write down an alternate meeting place and time for an alternate gathering.  Oh and sign it with your username, too, so we know who wrote it.  ^^
can do, now he just needs to reply XD

and since you people are not giving me songs i'll just picks some, and there will be Jrock o.O
i really hope he reserved the spot. how an i contact him if he doesn't go in the site again??

i can try to find some anime music too. >_> bring your own CD's if you want requests.

SakuraKanegawa

=/ didn't get to do it this year... makes me sad v.v
but i was still wearing my dress around if anyone saw XD
the white poofy one with pink ribbons and wings

gmontem

Did you get my yousendit link?  I sent some mp3s at the last minute (Thursday) even though it was probably too late.  But yeah too bad about the  Ball. :(  I dressed up on Saturday night though so if you saw a guy with rabbit ears wearing black dress pants, a black tie, a blue dress shirt, and a jacket, and carrying a camera bag that was probably me.  Ryu told me OniCourseMusha and his lady dressed up, too, but I didn't get to see those two for a pic.

i feel so loved!

SakuraKanegawa

yeah i got the link but i talked to Tony and the ball was a no go v.v

Tony

Sorry everyone...  :(

I really wanted to make this happen, but by the time I got my butt in gear it was already too late. It turned out the Dance guys really needed me out by 8pm anyhow, so I guess it wouldn't have worked in the first place. I'm sorry I got your hopes up, if at all.  :(

That said, maybe we can try again in 2007... FanimeCon needs everyone fan-based event it can get, I say...
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Kegan_Flame

I'd do it on a Fri, cus sat., and sun. are the best rave days.. and no one wants to miss that...

SakuraKanegawa

if we can next year i want to help ><
^_________^

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well I was really dissapointed, but I STILL managed to have a TON of fun!! It'd be awesome to go to it in 2007! It turns out the dress I was going to wear, but never got in time, didn't fit me anyhow ^^;; This way I'll have plenty of time for alterations.

gmontem

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Well I was really dissapointed, but I STILL managed to have a TON of fun!! It'd be awesome to go to it in 2007! It turns out the dress I was going to wear, but never got in time, didn't fit me anyhow ^^;; This way I'll have plenty of time for alterations.
LOL hopefully by next year I'll have a dress shirt that fits. The one I was wearing was maybe two sizes too big. I didn't realize that until I put it on in the hotel room. XD;

i feel so loved!