Oscars. Is anyone else watching this?

Started by BrightHeart76, February 22, 2009, 08:10:12 PM

BrightHeart76

Almost nothing I want to win is winning.  If Hugh Jackman sings one more time I'm gonna barf. 

Buy yay for Heath Ledger!  Best Joker ever, well deserved award, too bad he's not hear to see it.

Anyone else watching this?  Opinions?
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Kazuko

It was pretty awesome to watch the oscars, I was suprised that Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens did a duet with beyonce and Hugh!

I was suprised that slumdog stole all the awards XD but I am pleased that Sean Penn won best actor for MILK, he was very good in it but I had hope that Milk would have won best picture. Wall-E won best animated flim and departure won best foreign flim this i was happy about!

What I was shamed about was that Heath wasent dedicated in the slideshow of those who recentaly passed away.

I also loved how the setting was very old hollywood and Sarah Jessica Parker's dress was so F****** amazing I loved it

rude32

QuoteWhat I was shamed about was that Heath wasent dedicated in the slideshow of those who recentaly passed away.
He died before last years oscars, so he was on that slideshow and not this years.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Kazuko

Quote from: rude32 on February 22, 2009, 09:11:59 PM
QuoteWhat I was shamed about was that Heath wasent dedicated in the slideshow of those who recentaly passed away.
He died before last years oscars, so he was on that slideshow and not this years.
Oh I didnt know that x) well heath won supporting actor (I assume it was an auto win anyway) so its all gravy

I forgot to mention the guy who played edward was in the oscars....fffff he still looks like lameward with a tux D: oh robert take off the maybeline you are pretty with out it (I cant wait for him in Dali)

mDuo13

Me? Watch the Oscars? Surely you jest. =P

XpHoBiaX

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

G.I.R

Quote from: Kazuko on February 22, 2009, 09:08:54 PM
I Sarah Jessica Parker's dress was so F****** amazing I loved it
I say thee neigh.

XpHoBiaX

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

BrightHeart76

I thought Anne Hathaway looked really good, she sang really well and the speech Shirley McLaine gave about her was really great. 

Sigh...some people wish they were rich, some people wish they were Kings and Queens...I just wish I was Anne Hathaway.  She's pretty, she's smart, she's talented she's graceful seriously she's what I wish I could be.   :D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

G.I.R

Jerry

I was busying watching DVR stuffs.

Heroes. on tonight tho. Woot.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

K&K4ever

Benjerman Button got Vissual Effects? WTF? That's Facial Motion Capture, the same thing they used for Gollum! It's not ground breaking! When it's up agains stuff like The Dark Knight and Iron Man, it just makes you go WTF!
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

G.I.R

Quote from: K&K4ever on February 23, 2009, 05:32:43 PM
Benjerman Button got Vissual Effects? WTF? That's Facial Motion Capture, the same thing they used for Gollum! It's not ground breaking! When it's up agains stuff like The Dark Knight and Iron Man, it just makes you go WTF!
I don't think it's a matter of if the technology is new or not. it's it was the best use of technology.  But Benjamin Button getting both visual effects and make-up?  lame.  didn't deserve either.

Kazuko

Quote from: K&K4ever on February 23, 2009, 05:32:43 PM
I wish the Dark knight won makeup effect but what can you say council says all. I guess its the way they use it like GIR said, especially abusing the blip out of it to make very old benjamin, Im pretty sure F. Scott Fitzgerald is amused somewhere.

Sad to say that the dark knight and Iron man were snubbed from most of the nominations only in like maybe 2-3 I would think that  they would be up for alot like slumdog.

Im sad that Meryl Streep didnt win best actress, she was powerful in Doubt plus I love love LOVE her she can be sweet or a mega bitch in her roles c: haha the devil wears prada is my favorite  film

@GIR: D: dont you hate on her face, I was mentioning her awesome dress ;3; it was a lovely light mint

RadioactiveKitty

dude i was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD that slumdog millionaire won over Milk... MILK WAS SO MUCH BETTER >.< plus i got kinda sick in Slumdog Millionaire when the kid (i forget his name) jumped into poo inorder to get that guys autograph i had to get out of the theater for a minute like not just the audotorium the theater and get fresh air.

and how i sat through Hostel I and II and EVERY saw movie i can explain... it is fake... but the poo looked real

Point made- I AM SAW THAT MILK LOST IT T.< and i cried when Heath Ledgers name was said T-T