Magi 2013

Started by Nikkiolie, November 06, 2012, 02:57:13 PM

MaigoLily

Quote from: JazzJuicebox on March 25, 2013, 12:22:02 AM
Ooh Magi gathering~ I just found out about this anime/manga (have yet to watch nor have I read it yet) but I really want to cosplay Aladdin. I have most of his materials already.

Also MaigoLily, put me down as a maybe for an assistant. I need to know what day this will be on. I'm going to Fanime Thursday-Monday as well and I have a cosplay already planned on Saturday. So please keep me up-to-date with this! I would like to help as best I can, if I can ^^;; haha

<3

Ok, I'll put you in for now.

MaigoLily

Quote from: hychelseap on March 25, 2013, 05:32:05 PM
I think I might be going as Morgiana dressed in a Judal costume. If I did, would I still be allowed in this Magi group? :P

Of course! Please come! I would love to see you!

MaigoLily

When I get on Spring Break, I will start on going through the process of planning the gathering. I since I am the organizer now, I will be moving this discussion to another topic. I will update this topic on what the name and link is so please keep yourselves updated on there. I have assistants Naiagu and maybe JazzJuicebox. I may need a backup assistant is JazzJuicebox cannot make it.

I know that someone's friend will not be able to go on Saturday and JazzJuicebox has a cosplay planned on Saturday so I am thinking this gathering will be on a Sunday! Since it is still early, if possible, please arrange your line-up so you can attend this gathering. For those of you who have already announced your cosplay, I will put it up on a post. If you cannot go on the day, I will put you on a side list for fans who want to find you, like a game of Where's Waldo!~ Please reply on the new topic when it is up.

As for the time, I need input on what time you want this gathering to be as well as how long it will be.I'm thinking maybe 2 hours because we need to wait for people to show up, and we need to settle down before all the pictures are taken, then we can socialize. And for the time, I'm thinking possibly at around 2-4 because for those of us who go to church, you are probably at Fanime after church by then. And for those of you who need to purchase tickets, it should give you plenty of time if the line's not too long.The thing is that Sunday already has FMA at 12, Shonen Jump at 3, and the cosplay gatherings department raffle at 4:30.
Saturday is more open, FF at 12, and the cosplay gatherings department raffle at 4:30  We don't want to choose a time too late in the day because the sun will be setting and pictures will look funny. If we choose an inside location the time of day doesn't matter. If we choose outside, the time matters, the earlier in the day the better, midday casts odd shadows on the face. Input please!

And for the locations, Naiagu, please help me! I've only seen the front half of the convention. I'm pretty clueless. I'm thinking to meet outside in the front near the trees at the Marriot or go inside for pictures at the new tiered platforms in the lobby. Steal them first! Input?

Photo shoot groups are also going to be arranged so if you want a certain group taken, please give input. I know there will be the basic groups such as Sindria, Kou, Magnostadt, Reim, Balbadd, Kouga, villans, heros, main, side, and pairings. Do you want a picture with your favorite pairing? Give some suggestions! I am working on possibly getting 1 or 2 photographers, but I am not sure if both of them can go or not. If any of you can hook up with a photographer, please tell us or all pictures will be fan taken and you may not find your pictures!

Once again, I will do my best to make this happen so please support me! I need your help!

Naiagu

Can you please add a link in here when you make the new thread that way it's easy to find!

As for locations, our theme of anime generally resides in the outdoors so my vote is for an outdoors location. This location "G7 = Tree Area (tree area @ foot of stairs by "The Slab")" I think may be ideal. For the gathering we could do the official pictures at the con and then if anyone wants to afterwards (if we take up too much time) we can move to the grassy area in front of the Fremont hotel, The bleach gathering did this last year and it was quite fun!
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

MaigoLily

Quote from: Naiagu on March 26, 2013, 10:32:41 AM
Can you please add a link in here when you make the new thread that way it's easy to find!

As for locations, our theme of anime generally resides in the outdoors so my vote is for an outdoors location. This location "G7 = Tree Area (tree area @ foot of stairs by "The Slab")" I think may be ideal. For the gathering we could do the official pictures at the con and then if anyone wants to afterwards (if we take up too much time) we can move to the grassy area in front of the Fremont hotel, The bleach gathering did this last year and it was quite fun!

Thanks Naiagu! I'll put that as our first option, then I will put the grassy area in front of the Fremont hotel as our second choice and the tiered platforms as our third option. As for the time, 1:30-3 might be enough time for the general pictures then we can venture out to the grassy area to socialize and take more private pictures! So is Sunday okay for you?

I'll add the new link soon right after I get the conformation. Possibly next week.

Naiagu

Sunday works for me, personally. I would recommend putting some sort of poll so people can answer what day would be best for them that way you can get a better understanding for who can show up what day. This way we can try to gather the majority of people that can cosplay Magi.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

Kyonluver

I'm hoping to go as a kougyoku ren if I can get it together :)
Looking forward to this!

I just hope it does not conflict with the SAO gathering... That would be a problem... :(

<Fanime '16>
Reese~ACNL
RainbowQuartz~SU
Alkaid~.Hack

MaigoLily

Quote from: Naiagu on March 26, 2013, 04:47:08 PM
Sunday works for me, personally. I would recommend putting some sort of poll so people can answer what day would be best for them that way you can get a better understanding for who can show up what day. This way we can try to gather the majority of people that can cosplay Magi.

I am not sure how to put up a poll, but I'll try once I start getting some info together and get approved.

MaigoLily

Quote from: Kyonluver on March 26, 2013, 08:58:34 PM
I'm hoping to go as a kougyoku ren if I can get it together :)
Looking forward to this!

I just hope it does not conflict with the SAO gathering... That would be a problem... :(

Nice! If you get to her and need help, you can always ask me because I am working on Kougyoku right now. I won't be wearing her for the gathering though. I will be Muron Alexius so that I am easier to distinguish from all the other Magi cosplayers once you get to the gathering. You'll know who I am. And if I can get one, I'll be yelling through a megaphone. Haha.

The SAO gathering does not have a confirmed date yet so I hope that my decision will not overlap with SAO because I really want to get some pictures! Even if you don't get Kougyoku together in time, feel free to drop by if you are not busy. Or you can find me throughout the convention all week as a Magi character!

MaigoLily

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,18143.msg453984.html#msg453984

The new forum topic for the Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Gathering 2013 is up! I will be sending in my request soon. Please remember to check regularly! The new one will be the official place where all gathering discussions will be, the one you are viewing right now will be for other conversations!

Nikkiolie

Sorry for the late response. I was busy getting ready for Sak. I would love to help you out if you still need it. I have only been to Fanime once so I am not too familiar with the area. As of right now I only plan on taking Judal and Morrigan from Dakrstalkers with no plans set yet so any day will work for me :3
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara