Favorite Manga?

Started by MeliCat, August 25, 2004, 06:10:04 PM

MeliCat

I have all Sailor Moon, Chobits, and almost all of Tenchi Muyo and working on Digi Charat and Pita-Ten. My volumes that are all in Kanji that I can't read but have aweseome art and lots of boys kissing are my favorites! ^.~ What's YOUR favorite Manga series? What series have mangas that are better than the anime?

.+:*MeliCat*:+.

GokuMew2

My favorites include X and Ikoku Irokoi Romantan (see signature image). X is definitely a series where the manga is better than the series. Fuuma~ <3

Another manga that's better than its anime series is D.N.ANGEL.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Barnes

I'm also reading DN Angel,Dark is cool.Does it get better as it goes further into the story?(I'm up to vol. 3)
My favorite has to be Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Tsubasa

To name some of my favorites: Love Hina, One Piece, Card Captor Sakura, Great Teacher Onizuka, Hikaru no Go, Comic Party, and To Heart.  I generally prefer the manga to the anime.  Take for example things like Love Hina, X, and Rurouni Kenshin, where the anime diverged from the manga story for the worse.  On the other hand, I think anime series such as Rayearth and Angelic Layer were better in anime form because they were fleshed out better.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

MeliCat

Maybe my manga and will be your favorite when I finish it!  :roll:

.+:*MeliCat*:+.

swordofthebezerk

1. Akira
2. Battle Angel Alita
3. Nausicaa Valley of Wind
4.Fist Of The North Star
5.Love Hina
6.Azumanga Daioh
7.Ranma 1/2
8.Sanctuary
9.Kare Kano
10.Yu-Gi-Oh
Thats my updated list for now. I'm sure I have posted my favorite manga in other threads but this is the now list hehe. I recommend everyone read these titles.
*EDIT*
This is my updated list after going on a manga reading spree
1.Gantz
2.Berserk
3.Midiori No Hibi
4.Azumanga Daioh
5.Akira
6.Battle Angel Alita
7.Nausicaa
8.Hellsing
9.Saiyuki
10.Kare Kano

Updated Version

KimaLucifer

1> Doll
2> Beautiful People
3> Happy Family

My top three are all by Mihara Mitsukazu. the rest:

YamatoNadeshiko Nanahenge, Loki, Nana, Baroque, HighScore.

And more but I'm lazy to list
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Jyunishinsho

Has anyone ever heard of X-Day? It's one of my favorites, though it was short.
Then there's Comic Party (both versions), GTO, Saiyuki, Love Hina, and some others that I can't remember at this time.

Kyle stabell

Cosplay costumes:
2 Ranma outfits - 100% done
Himura Kenshin - 100% done
MGS2 guard - 85% done

drallcome

Quote from: "Kyle stabell"RANMA 1/2 :D

BAH.. you and your ranma. Ok allredy,, we know you love your ranma..

Oh.. my fav has got to be Maison Ikkoku.. OH yea.. guess what, Rumiko Takahashi.. LOL =^-^= (Giggles) Its like ranma but with out the kunfu fighting and sillyness. If you want to grow up read this one. Its like the Grown up version of ranma.
Fanime Member since 1999

fuzzyfaery

beck, one piece, hunter x hunter, hana kimi

recomet15

Quote from: "drallcome"
Quote from: "Kyle stabell"RANMA 1/2 :D

BAH.. you and your ranma. Ok allredy,, we know you love your ranma..

Oh.. my fav has got to be Maison Ikkoku.. OH yea.. guess what, Rumiko Takahashi.. LOL =^-^= (Giggles) Its like ranma but with out the kunfu fighting and sillyness. If you want to grow up read this one. Its like the Grown up version of ranma.

Pblth. If you want to grow up, put away your silly shoujo mangas and check out something with a hairy chest, like Berserk! ... No, of course I'm kidding; after all, everyone is entitled to their own favorite(s), and that's why I personally think it's ok if Kyle has a preference for Ranma 1/2, even if his love does lean towards obsession. Lord knows how much I love my Berserk! Speaking of which:

1. Berserk
After that, in no particular order...
*Rurouni Kenshin
*Chrno Crusade
*Tsukihime
*Get Backers
For the love of... I forgot to put the "d" in "redcomet15"... - redcomet15

DayDreamerNessa

~naruto just started this last week and it's already a fave of mine
~chobits
~kare kano
~cardcaptor sakura

i dun read that much manga though XDi hope to read rurouni kenshin sometime
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

KimaLucifer

Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"Has anyone ever heard of X-Day? It's one of my favorites, though it was short.
Then there's Comic Party (both versions), GTO, Saiyuki, Love Hina, and some others that I can't remember at this time.

X-day. Is it the one with one GothicLolita girl in it along with a few people including a teacher?

Cause I liked that too. It just doesn't make it into my Top 10 list, but it's close to the top.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Rette

Trigun and Trigun Maximum... of course.. that's the only one I've read... :P

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

Calitastic

X-day is freaking awesome. My friend is one of those people with 90+ manga that I borrow as she let's me. XD I also like:
Princess Ai, Gundam Wing(there's a specific volume that I can't remember the name right now, but poo), Getbackers, Tenchi Muyo, Rave Master, Angel Sanctuary and various others that I can't remember. I don't really have a favorite though...that's hard to decide, you know?

Mordyan

In no particular order:

Trigun
.Hack//Legend of the Twillight Bracelet
Hikaru no Go
SCryEd
Naruto (this one I am a current fanboy of)

and I also read Shounen Jump (american monthy trasnlated)

Kyle stabell

No. 2 on my list is the Cowboy Bebop Shoting star series.... it's a shame it was discontinued :cry:
Cosplay costumes:
MGS2 guard - 85% done

swordofthebezerk

Kyle...there is an edit button for a reason. Hell even I used it for my update...seriously think about it next time.

Updated Version

Kyle stabell

Quote from: "swordofthebezerk"Kyle...there is an edit button for a reason. Hell even I used it for my update...seriously think about it next time.
I would've used it if it was there
Cosplay costumes:
MGS2 guard - 85% done